Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator predictions for the last few episodes

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminator predictions for the last few episodes

So I really wanted to make some outrageous predictions about the last few episodes of the Terminator series, particular in regards to Weaver and her true motives/allegiance.

First off I never really bought into the idea of her actually being a villian for Skynet, but at first I thought this was maybe just because of the fact that I am used to seeing the character in a mostly neutral light (given she has on only one occasion done anything that directly affected the Connors when she had someone steal the Turk at the end of Season one).

But looking at recent episodes and back at others I am now certain that she is not actually working for Skynet and here's why.

1. Weaver ensures that the power plant which Skynet tried to have destroyed just a few days earlier ends up being saved. This makes no since whatsoever. While it is possible she is working under a different directive (possibly because she hails from a different time period or alternate timeline then the terminator that tried to destroy the plant) it would make more since to destroy the plant altogether rather then just place AI systems to run the plant as there is still a chance to Resistance will win it back in the future.

2. Weaver destroys the facility creating hunter killers. It's possible that this was a government operation rather then a Skynet one, but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Weaver to potentially erase future Skynet technology from the timeline even if it's to protect John Henry somehow. You would think she'd at least keep some of the data, but there's no evidence of that.

3. In the last episode it is STRONGLY implied that there are terminators who have defected from Skynet, but nonetheless are not part of the Resistance. The T-1000 (who could have been Weaver herself for all the hell we know) did not go out of her way to kill the entire crew of the submarine and responded "no" to a question which Cameron later revealed to Jesse was "will you join us".

So why is it that Weaver is fooling around with John Henry aka The Turk? Well that's the main kink in my prediction as there is no justification for her doing that. But it's possible that he is an a counter Skynet of sorts that the "terminator resistance" intends to use in the future, possibly in a different way then one might assume.
Old 03-26-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Terminator predictions for the last few episodes

I predict that neither John nor Sarah Connor will die thus making nothing interesting happen.
Old 03-27-09, 08:58 PM

I can tell I'm going to experience some stimulating conversation here.
Old 03-27-09, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by rodog
I can tell I'm going to experience some stimulating conversation here.
Welcome to DVDTalk, rodog! The above comments are typical here, but don't let it get you down...

I'll chime in on this thread after I watch tonight's episode. I do hope it is renewed, as this season has been very good.

--John
Old 03-29-09, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Catherine Weaver was not in Season 1.
Old 04-11-09, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Catherine Weaver was not in Season 1.
I know she wasn't in season one but her actions lead to the events of the Season 1 finale.
Old 04-11-09, 12:11 AM

So I guess all my predictions came true.