Search this Thread

Old 03-15-09, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "The Story of Lucy and Jessie" -- 3/15/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

A teacher (Swoosie Kurtz) gets the wrong idea when Susan tries to impress her; Gaby, for reasons of her own, wants Carlos to hire Lynette; Bree is determined not to let Orson's bad habit embarrass her; and Edie digs deeper into Dave's past. Lucy: Leslie Boone. Principal Hobson: John Rubinstein.

Old 03-15-09, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "The Story of Lucy and Jessie" -- 3/15/09

Pretty funny episode, with the teacher thinking Susan is a lesbian. Swoosie Kurtz was great in the role. I love when she was telling Susan that she was afraid of the lesbian inside, trying to get out, and Susan said, "Actually, I'm afraid of the lesbian outside, trying to get in." LOFL! That was a great line.

Loved all of the stuff with Gabby and Lynette. Also loved the scene when Bree returned the "sleeping Mexican" to Gabby's, only to find out it is Mrs. McCluskey's. Gabby thinking Juanita took it, then Bree defending Juanita, until Juanita said "Maybe she took it", and Bree saying, "When my children stole, I sent them to bed early, without any supper." LOFL!

Dave has finally put his plan into action. It appears, from the preview, that next week it will all come to a head. Excited to see it, but, not looking forward to
Spoiler:
a housewife being killed, which will likely be Edie, since Nicolette Sheridan is leaving. I had read that her last episode wouldn't be until April, but, maybe they've moved it up?

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 03-15-09 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-16-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne

Loved all of the stuff with Gabby and Lynette. Also loved the scene when Bree returned the "sleeping Mexican" to Gabby's, only to find out it is Mrs. McCluskey's. Gabby thinking Juanita took it, then Bree defending Juanita, until Juanita said "Maybe she took it", and Bree saying, "When my children stole, I sent them to bed early, without any supper." LOFL!

I agree, particularly Gabby's bewilderment that Carlos used to tap that. Loved the Gabby, Bree, and Juanita scene.
Old 03-16-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also loved the scene with Susan telling about her lesbian kiss around the table with the other housewives and the gay guy said something about how gay men never interact with lesbians outside pride parades.

It seems as if Dave is intentionally not targeting MJ in his revenge plot. I guess he must have some conscience left.
Old 03-16-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I also loved the scene with Susan telling about her lesbian kiss around the table with the other housewives and the gay guy said something about how gay men never interact with lesbians outside pride parades.
Well and then following the "demo" when Susan said the kiss was more like the 2nd one, Lee is like, "See you at the parade."

It is odd how they are proceeding. It seems like Dave is more looking to punish Mike to the life he himself has been resigned to now that his wife and kid are dead. Why would he not off Katherine and MJ? Obviously there is going to be some radical twist where Dave is going to be horribly wrong about the whole thing, and it was Susan's fault.
Old 03-16-09, 03:10 PM

Great episode! Susan was actually fun to watch for a change.

Dave is just... bah! Creepy guy!
Old 03-16-09, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Carlos saying he wasn't shallow before he met Gabby doesn't quite fit. I'll agree his character was humbled after losing his sight and money - but prior to that, he and Gabby basically deserved each other.
Old 03-16-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

best episode in awhile in my opinion. pretty funny stuff with the lesbian scenes. next week looks it could be great!
Old 03-17-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
Carlos saying he wasn't shallow before he met Gabby doesn't quite fit. I'll agree his character was humbled after losing his sight and money - but prior to that, he and Gabby basically deserved each other.
Did they mention when he was living with Lucy?