TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by n.phelge
Jesse has to split - the Dad is going to be gunning for him when he finds out. I never watch the previews, but my guess would be:

Spoiler:

the Dad uses caller ID/last dialed to see who Jesse was calling and tracks down Walt, and the Dad ends up in one of the body bags.
Spoiler:
The dad COULD find notes from his daughter about Walt, and kill Walt's family in revenge, thus the body bags are Walt's family. Another possibility as well as finding the number she called.

this would take Walt form a family man into a full blown criminal with no need to keep up appearances, I wonder if they would be bold enough to do that.

Originally Posted by Patman
I can't believe Walt just let her die. For Christ's sake, his daughter was just born, I can't buy his coldheartedness in this scene. Saving the girl could have bought him more good will in the girl's eyes. Letting her die just seems like a writer's cop-out after writing Walt into a total corner. Had Walt not been there, and it just happened naturally, sure, it'd feel just a writer's cop-out, but at least it was earned by both of the character's history with their weakness for drugs. Now Walt is truly in a dark place that should consume his soul in guilt for any goodness he receives going forward. Whatever empathy I might have for Walt has considerably waned with this choice of inaction on his part. I realize he realized this was the best thing to happen for his own hide and his family's future, but on a sliding scale of wrong and breaking bad, it's truly a black mark on his permanent record.
Walt did the right thing. He protected his family and himself by letting her take herself out.

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
It was believable for me. I think that probably played a large part in why he did it, to be honest. She had shown that she was willing to leverage and destroy his family in an attempt to control him. Sure, she was only asking for Jesse's rightful money at that time, but what about once they blew through that money? And Jesse had no control over her. Once she occupied that position, she was always going to be a threat to Walt. She could blackmail him, or flip on him if she got caught by the police. I'm surprised he didn't outright kill her.

The interesting question is what happens now. They've got to dispose of her body, and they sure as hell probably don't want to call the police.
Exactly, on your first paragraph.

If I were them I'd leave her there and let it be just another overdose.

What an excellent episode.

I think the girl's dad is going to play a role in the future.
Old 05-25-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
Spoiler:
The dad COULD find notes from his daughter about Walt, and kill Walt's family in revenge, thus the body bags are Walt's family. Another possibility as well as finding the number she called.

this would take Walt form a family man into a full blown criminal with no need to keep up appearances, I wonder if they would be bold enough to do that.
Building off of that...

Spoiler:
What if Jane's Dad does somehow find out Walt's telephone number or address and when he goes over to take revenge he finds Skyler in bed with her boss and kills them both, thinking it is Walt. That would lead to the possibility of the police investigating Walt for murdering a cheating spouse, which could in turn lead to a connection between Walt and Jesse/Jane/Jane's dad.
Old 05-25-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why all the spoilers on predictions, yo?
Old 05-25-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dino88
Why all the spoilers on predictions, yo?
Spoiler:
Now that you bring it up, I'm not sure... it just seemed appropriate at the time for some, possibly odd, reason.
Old 05-25-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Great episode... great season... great show.

I think the spoilers on predictions is a good idea. A prediction leads some to envision possible scenarios they wouldn't have guessed... which would spoil the surprise if one of them was accurate.

One thing I'm pretty sure of when this series ends:

Spoiler:
Walt definitely has to die at the end. I think it would be suitable for his character to wind up dying of cancer - since after all he's done, he doesn't deserve to beat it.
Old 05-25-09, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wowmjust got back from vacation and saw the epi. This show gives me a woody!!! Great Great Great!!!!
Old 05-25-09, 11:19 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I did think it was amusing to hear Walt's disdain at Jesse using heroin, considering his new profession. I think he's lost fact of the idea that Meth isn't exactly aspirin.
he didn't like Jesse doing meth either, but at least with their product it's pure, and he probably wouldn't overdose as easily as he could on heroin.
Old 05-26-09, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would Walt demand a drug test from Jesse immediately, when Jesse just admitted to having recently tried, and not liked, heroin?
Old 05-26-09, 12:31 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

depends on when he did it. heroin doesn't last very long in the system; a few days the most.
Old 05-26-09, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu

Why would Walt demand a drug test from Jesse immediately, when Jesse just admitted to having recently tried, and not liked, heroin?
He didn't actually want a piss test, he was just proving his point.
Old 05-26-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

yet another great episode. you could see walt was conflicted there. he even shed a tear. i think he realized having her out of the picture was better for himself and jesse. his desire to protect his family was his strongest instinct there.
Old 05-26-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Walt is definitely a Tony Soprano like character - You find yourself rooting for him, and then disgusted at him for his actions - but you want to see him succeed at the end - by "getting out of the business."

Walt wants to get credit for something - he is sick of being a charity case - where everyone around him (his x business partners, brother in law, doctors, etc..) get all the credit for being such great people, or having money, or being supportive.

I though Walt was going to pull a Soprano and when she started to choke - pinch her nose so that she did die.

I think Jessy will move her back to her own apartment along with the drugs, hide the cash, and when the authorities find her - the COD will be that she choked and died in her sleep - they will find heroin in her system - there will be no reason to investigate Jessie.

The girl's father just thinks Jessie is a junkie as well - just another guy his daughter shacked up with - and he will probably kick himself for not taking his daughter away that night and believing her that she would go into rehab tomorrow.

Unfortunately, she never made it until tomorrow - I doubt he will go out and start shooting up who ever came in contact with her. He was fully aware of the downside of the life of a junkie.

Last edited by CPA-ESQ.; 05-26-09 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-26-09, 12:08 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Walt is a bad guy and getting worse. Fits quite well with the title.

He let her die because it was better for him. Bring on the finale~
Old 05-26-09, 05:54 PM

Did anyone else find themselves saying in their heads that Walt probably shouldn't touch anything in the room out of instinct and then Junkie Girl starts to die?
Old 05-26-09, 06:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by StatMan79
Did anyone else find themselves saying in their heads that Walt probably shouldn't touch anything in the room out of instinct and then Junkie Girl starts to die?
+1

Thos.
Old 05-27-09, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Walt is the direct cause of at least 4 deaths already. Letting the girl die certainly isn't crossing any line that he hasn't already crossed. I was more surprised at his arrogance regarding the money and getting credit for "earning" it.

Originally Posted by Brack
he didn't like Jesse doing meth either, but at least with their product it's pure, and he probably wouldn't overdose as easily as he could on heroin.
Plus at least with Meth Jesse was a functioning addict. He could still go a bout his day to day affairs for the most part and get things done. Heroin addicts cant be counted on to do much of anything besides heroin.

I do think its obvious that Walt does care for Jesse's well being though. His conversation at the bar shows how he sees him.
Old 05-28-09, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StatMan79
Yup.
Old 05-28-09, 01:56 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Kinda cool.

Also, great review of the latest ep. here: http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/0...-real-way.html
Old 05-31-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting excited about tonight?????
Old 05-31-09, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can't believe that's how it ended. It was pretty clear what was going to happen once they showed what Jane's dad did for a living. Still leaves the question of how much debris hit Walt's house and if there would be any reason to look inside.

And for those wondering, the NTSB truck in beginning stands for National Transportation Safety Board.

Enjoyed the Jesse stuff and Saul's associate coming to help him. It's nice to see that Walt really cares about Jesse and went into the crack house or whatever to retrieve him, then took him to rehab.

Got a kick out of the Los Pollos owner visiting the DEA as a community member that donates money to fight drugs. Probably helps him keep up appearances and is a good move, business-wise because it drives up the price of his products. For a moment there you could see he thought Walt was an undercover agent; have to wonder though how this is going to affect their business relationship in the future.

Walt really needs to stop being such an ass; he can't simultaneously keep his cover and take credit for the money. It just doesn't work that way. Gotta love Skyler calling him out for all his lies though. She still pisses me off, but it was a good scene.

Can't wait for next season.
Old 05-31-09, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah-ha, laughing at Walt, felt good at the end when Skylar busted him.
Old 05-31-09, 11:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought the ending was a bit disappointing given the way they had been building it up. Maybe it would have been better if they didn't give away that it was an airplane collision by the NTSB van. Still a solid finale.

It should be interesting to see what happens with Gus and Walt now that Gus knows about Hank.
Old 06-01-09, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fortunately I had completely forgotten what NTSB stood for, but the ending was still a bit of a letdown. I hope Walt's living on his own at the start of next season. Skylar bores me to tears. I was hoping he'd get the chance to tell her the truth, but that could be the end of the series.
Old 06-01-09, 03:18 AM

From this interview with Vince Gilligan:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...lligan_se.html

The titles of all the episodes with the black and white bear scenes:

"Seven Thirty-Seven," "Down," "Over," "ABQ"

Or: Seven Thirty-Seven Down Over ABQ

Mind = blown.
Old 06-01-09, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also thought the plane crash bait and switch was lame. If that black and white sequence had just been in this one episode and they hadn't shown the NTSB truck I think it would have worked better. But teasing us with those glimpses all season and then the reveal ends up being essentially nothing was weak sauce.

Originally Posted by Roto
Skylar bores me to tears.
Yeah, I find her annoying. She's easily my least favorite character.

Originally Posted by kstublen
Still leaves the question of how much debris hit Walt's house and if there would be any reason to look inside.
Theres nothing for them to find. I'm pretty sure Sal has all the money now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.