TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Exposed" -- Volume 4: Fugitives -- 3/2/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-09, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Heroes -- "Exposed" -- Volume 4: Fugitives -- 3/2/09

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Don't know why but Claire got me a little hot this week.
Just this week?
She's obnoxious, and she can't act but she has a really good body, nice ass, not bad face...

OB, of course I didn't notice that in Season 1 or whenever she was under 18
Old 03-04-09, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone please remind me of how Matt acquired the ability to Paint like Isaac, I know he did it while he was with the african dude that called him pacman, but I did not think he could acquire the abiltiy. Also has peter ever acquired it after touching Matt?
Old 03-04-09, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good christ. Do you think we'll ever see Parkman use his ability without the push-in/zoom-out effect on his constipated face? He needs to practice his Legilimency.
Old 03-04-09, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kiddk1
can someone please remind me of how Matt acquired the ability to Paint like Isaac, I know he did it while he was with the african dude that called him pacman, but I did not think he could acquire the abiltiy. Also has peter ever acquired it after touching Matt?
As an obvious plot device, and figuring who the hell would care about one more inconsistency, they just gave it to Parkman. The African said he was being called on. I guess like being the Dalai Lama or the Slayer, when the a future painter dies someone else gets the gift.

Previously it had just been like any other power since Sylar and Peter both acquired it from Isaac.
Old 03-04-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kiddk1
It was because of the paste that the African dude gave him. From Heroes Wiki:
In a question and answer session, writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite said that Usutu's paste is less like the genetic modification formula and more like Isaac's heroin. They also liken it to Dumbo's magic feather.
According to that, Parkman may have already had the ability to paint the future, but it was dormant until he ate the paste. I'd always assumed the paste was more of a homemade version of the formula that specifically granted those who ingested it precognitive abilities similar to Isaac's.

Last edited by FatTony; 03-04-09 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-04-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh. I had the same Corvette that Syler had when I was growing up.
Old 03-04-09, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Fanboy
Heh. I had the same Corvette that Syler had when I was growing up.
Did you also lose it the same day your dad killed your mom with psychic powers and left you with your aunt and uncle at a diner in the middle of the desert?
Old 03-04-09, 03:18 PM

didnt hiro eat the paste also?
Old 03-04-09, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Timber

Peter's powers make no sense. A few weeks ago everybody he touched he absorbed, now he can control who he absorbs from?
Peter seems to be able to control when he absorbs someone else's power. The only time he seems to have done it by accident was when he was actively using Suresh's power and he touched Tracy. It seems to me that since he was in the process of using his ability, he just automatically took Tracy's power when he touched her.
Old 03-04-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I think the writers read my post about all characters but Sylar sucking at their abilities. Suddenly Peter and Parkman are badasses this week after I make my post? Coincidence? I think not.
Old 03-04-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

This was not a bad episode really but I am giving up on the show. I think most of the characters and the main plot have been mangled beyond all recognition and that there is little hope the show can be saved. Sylar is really the only decent thing going for this show anymore. I do not think the network would let them do it, but the writers should kill off Claire or get rid of her semi-permanently. Her plotlines bring the show down and introduce a lot of questionable elements to the overall story. It does not help that Hayden has the acting range of a monkey.
Old 03-05-09, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Did you also lose it the same day your dad killed your mom with psychic powers and left you with your aunt and uncle at a diner in the middle of the desert?
Mommy...? Mommy....?
Old 03-05-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Molly was living with Matt and Mohinder. Why doesnt Matt have Molly tell him where everyone is being kept? That was her ability, finding people with abilities. Seems like she would be the perfect person to help them as well as remember season 1.
Old 03-05-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Where is Molly now? I don't remember what happened with her.
Old 03-05-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Where is Molly now? I don't remember what happened with her.
According to Heroes Wiki, Mohinder apparently sent her to India. I don't remember that happening at all though. Maybe Hiro and Ando were led there to find her?
Old 03-05-09, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by FatTony
According to Heroes Wiki, Mohinder apparently sent her to India. I don't remember that happening at all though. Maybe Hiro and Ando were led there to find her?
I am glad the writers of Heroes assume all of us look to the wiki for answers
Old 03-06-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Wow, really? To each their own, but I thought this was the best episode of the volume, if not the season. Not too many characters, storyline moving forward, intelligent usage of both powers and their weak spots, and an awesome cliffhanger than had me cursing the show for being over (I purposely don't look at the guest star credits for just this reason).
I agree. It was three plot lines that were story & character driven and not action oriented. It was also nice mixing up the characters. Peter & Parkman haven't really worked together or shared much screen time. Claire and AquaBoy have pretty good chemistry. Sylar's story was actually pretty interesting, ignoring annoying sidekick #2. I'm really digging the black and white 'wipes' they are using to fade into past events.

I loved the look Parkman gave to the security camera. I was cracking up.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Seriously! I saw that "hug and fly" a mile away. But...wouldn't Peter have touched Nathan when he saved him from falling? Whatever.
Yeah, that was pretty much the only thing that bugged me. Voluntary/involuntary, it doesn't matter, it's inconsistent is what it is.

One thing I'm wondering is why Parkman doesn't get in Danko's head 'locking' him inside his own mind like he did with his dad.
Old 03-06-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

When Peter fell off that building and then flew off, my hopes were risen when I thought maybe Peter had flew himself and he actually had multiple powers, but alas no, it was just Nathan, again.
I was too far away and thought the same thing, was a bit happy about that one until I found out it was Nathan.
Old 03-06-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
One thing I'm wondering is why Parkman doesn't get in Danko's head 'locking' him inside his own mind like he did with his dad.
Anyone want to bet that the hunter has a power that he is keeping hidden?
Old 03-06-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by achau9598
I'd bet on him being the Heroes universe's version of a "Squib".

Or maybe just someone with a personal vendetta against those with powers. Like his brother or friend had it and he didn't. Jealousy.
Old 03-06-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by achau9598
probably. On this show, the people without abilities are the minority. To quote that dude from "the incredibles" ... when everyone has superpowers ... no one is super anymore.
Old 03-06-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony
This was mentioned in one of the first episodes of the season.

Sorry, but this episode was terrible... i think largely due to the arcs that they showed this time. I think in the future, I'm going to hate any arc with Claire (though the puppetmaster arc, and Rebel seemingly using her as an Underground Railroad has some promise). By the way, those agents are doing a bang up job watching that house, seeing as how they missed puppetmaster entering, and they would've been completely fooled had aqualad been in the back of that suv when they both left to go investigate the noise in the back of the house.

Claire's an idiot, going with the "we're having sex" story. If she had told the real story first, mom would've assumed she was lying and that they were actually fooling around.

The whole "Claire's mom is a rebel" thing seemed to come out of nowhere. As did the whole love thing between aqualad and Claire.

Sylar's whole storyarc was extremely boring up until the point where his dad killed his mom. Although it's very obvious that they are just making his backstory up as they go along. I would've preferred his original origin staying intact, the son of a regular watchmaker who uses the insight he gained in that profession to manifest his ability. I'm sure he's really ticked that his dad killed his mom, considering he killed the person he thought was his mom long ago.

Leaps of logic in this ep:

I actually liked Peter and Parkman's story before this, but how did they recognize the first camera and not the second one?

How does Peter get out of the building? Parkman's holding four people up. Where's the rest of security, considering Peter's powers stop working as soon as the alarms go off again.

How stupid is Peter to just believe that the rendezvous will go according to how he set it up? No backup plan at all. (I admit, at first I thought he flew himself away, and that he was slowly gaining back his control of powers, but it makes sense that they didn't go in that direction).

As others have mentioned, how stupid is Nathan to believe Peter is going to just turn himself over?

Here's a plan. Let's frame a group of people for terrorism. We'll drug him up, strap explosives to him, and drive him to the capital. Then people will be afraid of people with powers... except his terrorism has nothing to do with his powers at all.

I also have a question about the female agent everyone is talking about:

Spoiler:
Are her powers a secret? If not, why is she allowed to work for the government? If so, why is she rounding up her own people? There was no hint in the episode of either her power, or regret at doing her job
Old 03-06-09, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Spoiler:
Are her powers a secret? If not, why is she allowed to work for the government? If so, why is she rounding up her own people? There was no hint in the episode of either her power, or regret at doing her job
Spoiler:
I guess the government probably looks at her a little differently. She is a regular person that the government (Nathan) gave powers to to aid the government. They probably see her as nothing more than a soldier who has been given a very powerful weapon against the enemy.

Last edited by Disneyboy; 03-06-09 at 04:25 PM. Reason: didnt spoilerize
Old 03-06-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Disneyboy
Spoiler:
I guess the government probably looks at her a little differently. She is a regular person that the government (Nathan) gave powers to to aid the government. They probably see her as nothing more than a soldier who has been given a very powerful weapon against the enemy.
Spoiler:
But the premise is that ALL people with powers can't be trusted. All of them are dangerous. That's why when HRG brought up that they should do the old "one of them, one of us" routine, he was mocked.
Old 03-06-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I heard on E! News the show is on the bubble and NBC has not decided yet to pick it up for a 4th season according to Matt Grunberg who plays Parkman.

Ali Larter said she does not believe that is true.

that would suck and I don't want to see a finale with so little time to prepare.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.