Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Rescue Me -- "Sheila" -- 5/5/09

Rescue Me

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Lou sees the same thing on the 9/11 tape as Tommy did---and so does Sheila. Meanwhile, Sheila has a talk with Damien about his plan to join FDNY; Tommy gets to know Janet's boyfriend (Michael J. Fox); Sean gets the results of his medical tests; and Colleen and Bart discuss the parameters of their relationship.

Almost forgot this was on tonight. The past few episodes since the season premiere have been solid.
Old 05-05-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: Rescue Me -- "Sheila" -- 5/5/09

Whew. If anyone wanted the drama cranked up tonight, then you should be happy. Solid episode.

B Sean's look after sex had me

Its like Kevin Smith said, "everyone wants a slut, but doesn't want to know how she got there"
Old 05-05-09, 10:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

"Is he on drugs too, new kinds of drugs that make you want to read books and stop blowing other dudes"

Very good episode

Callie Thorne has her episode to submit to the Emmys
Old 05-06-09, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shit, I forgot this was on. My TiVo is set to record the season, but only on the non HD FX channel cause for some reason my HD FX station has never had any program info, so I have to manually set it each week and forgot today. Luckily I caught in within the first 15 minutes so I'll have 3/4 of the HD show to watch. The few minutes I saw looked really good though, can't wait to see the rest.
Old 05-06-09, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by bdshort
Shit, I forgot this was on. My TiVo is set to record the season, but only on the non HD FX channel cause for some reason my HD FX station has never had any program info, so I have to manually set it each week and forgot today. Luckily I caught in within the first 15 minutes so I'll have 3/4 of the HD show to watch. The few minutes I saw looked really good though, can't wait to see the rest.
You can also catch it on Hulu, however there is an 8 day delay before it gets posted there.
Old 05-06-09, 08:34 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought it was very good, and I actually like the W. Sean/cancer storyline. Has real potential.
I am getting just a little weary of the 9/11 stuff. It's every week and just seems a bit overdone. The Franco angle's really getting on my nerves, and I hope
Spoiler:
those dudes beat the crap out of him
next week.
Old 05-06-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that monologue by Sheila in the end was amazing. Bravo, writers and actress.
Old 05-06-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So is Franco BSing this conspiracy opinion to get ladies, or is it just a perk?

And also, I'm glad to see Tommy isn't crazy, and not the only one to see Jimmy in the video.

Last edited by CKMorpheus; 05-08-09 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-06-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

that was one crazy hell of an opening.
Old 05-08-09, 01:19 AM

That was one crazy hell of an EPISODE! Halfway through the opening I figured it had to be a dream, but still, wow! The White Sean cancer storyline has huge potential for future drama, Black Sean realizing Colleen is a slut was hilarious, and Sheila's monologue at the end nearly had me in tears, and made me actually start liking her character instead of thinking she was just a crazy bitch. Amazing.

One more thing... I'm glad to see that the Franco 9/11 Conspiracy bullshit seems to be coming to a head soon. I really hope it ends there because it's the one thing this season I really don't care for at all. Though apparently it is the real opinion of the actor playing Franco! I'm all for asking questions but I really wish the 9/11 conspiracy theorists would just go away.

Last edited by bdshort; 05-08-09 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-08-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
So is Franco BSing this conspiracy opinion to get ladies, or is it just a perk?

And also, I'm glad to see Tommy isn't crazy, and not the only one to see Jimmy in the video.
I heard the actor believes it in real life
Old 05-08-09, 09:27 PM

He does... I saw an article yesterday on some 9/11 "Truth" website, trying to find the link now. I found it through the FX Rescue Me forums, which I quickly had to stop reading because of the number of conspiracy theorists that seem to post there.

edit: Here we go - http://www.911blogger.com/node/20013

Last edited by bdshort; 05-08-09 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-10-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I actually find the Franco storyline to be rather interesting. Of course Franco is grieving for his fallen brothers, but who has the right to tell him what he needs to believe in? I have to think that there are a good number of FDNY members that share some of his views, but are afraid to speak out for fear of retribution. It's not that Franco is sullying the memory of the 343. Wouldn't it serve their memories more to find out what actually happened that day? Not saying I believe alot of the "conspiracies" b ut I think it makes for some intruiging storytelling.

And anyone else think that maybe Jimmy isn't dead?
Old 05-10-09, 03:13 PM

I want to know how they got Michael J. Fox to be still when he was laying on Denis Leary, he even said on some show (oprah?) that the only time he's still is when he's in REM sleep.

I agree w/the Franco story line - needs to go and the W.Sean line - has potential..
Old 05-10-09, 03:32 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't remember, did we see his face, or was it turned away from the camera? They may have used a double.
Old 05-10-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
I actually find the Franco storyline to be rather interesting. Of course Franco is grieving for his fallen brothers, but who has the right to tell him what he needs to believe in? I have to think that there are a good number of FDNY members that share some of his views, but are afraid to speak out for fear of retribution. It's not that Franco is sullying the memory of the 343. Wouldn't it serve their memories more to find out what actually happened that day? Not saying I believe alot of the "conspiracies" b ut I think it makes for some intruiging storytelling.

And anyone else think that maybe Jimmy isn't dead?
Is Jimmy now a fingerless hobo who lost his memory during 9/11?
Old 05-11-09, 01:21 AM

I do find the Franco story interesting, and there do seem to be some FDNY members that share his feelings, but I suspect that like the general public, it's a very small minority. I just am worried that they're going to string this storyline out for awhile. I hope they put the literal smackdown on the whole thing soon.
Old 05-11-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Is Jimmy now a fingerless hobo who lost his memory during 9/11?
or he decided shelia was bat shit crazy and took advantage of the situation
obviously part of her issues is the loss of her husband but I have a feeling she was a bitch before that
Old 05-13-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just caught up on this last night. Great, great piece of acting by Callie Thorne. Actually gave her character some depth for a change.
Old 05-13-09, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jimmy HAS to be dead. Otherwise that means that Tommy wasn't actually seeing ghosts but is instead BATSHIT INSANE.
Old 05-13-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
or he decided shelia was bat shit crazy and took advantage of the situation
obviously part of her issues is the loss of her husband but I have a feeling she was a bitch before that
I thought the same thing when I saw the ep. What if he took the chance to just leave. But that would destroys the shows foundation. But this is Rescue Me, the show thats throws everything on the wall, to see what sticks.
Old 06-01-09, 01:36 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Wow, that monologue by Sheila in the end was amazing. Bravo, writers and actress.
+1

I thought her last line about wishing Tommy had died in Jimmy's place was chilling. This season is so much better than last season.

Thos.