Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Katherine Heigl Quits Grey's Anatomy

she was probably jealous of the shiri aplleby
Old 03-18-10, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by ATX
she was probably jealous of the shiri aplleby
Jealous of what, Shiri being the lead? I've never understood why pretty girls like Katherine get jealous of less pretty girls. It's like a billionaire being jealous of a millionaire.
Old 03-18-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,871 Likes on 1,151 Posts

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
Jealous of what, Shiri being the lead? I've never understood why pretty girls like Katherine get jealous of less pretty girls. It's like a billionaire being jealous of a millionaire.
Yeah but when one is full of one's self, as Kathy H seems to be no matter how much she tries to look otherwise, being jealous of little or nothing comes naturally.
Old 03-18-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by extreme2700
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ya gotta eat, ya know? I imagine that every actor has done a good number of things that they aren't proud of and didn't like. I don't think necessarily that makes it ok to come out and complain about it, gotta watch the feet you step on, but I think that's the jist of the mentality behind doing shows or movies you don't like.
As Michael Caine once said of Jaws: the Revenge: , "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
Old 03-30-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read the EW interview in which she apologizes for being a bitch... and damn, did she comes across as a bitch. One of the reasons she gave for leaving Grey's is she wanted to be with her special needs daughter that she recently adopted.

Ok, that is all well and good, but then she justifies it by saying "Adoption is expensive" well, you just made 12 mil for both "The Killers" and "Life As We Know It," so the kid should be fine.
Old 03-30-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
I just read the EW interview in which she apologizes for being a bitch... and damn, did she comes across as a bitch. One of the reasons she gave for leaving Grey's is she wanted to be with her special needs daughter that she recently adopted.

Ok, that is all well and good, but then she justifies it by saying "Adoption is expensive" well, you just made 12 mil for both "The Killers" and "Life As We Know It," so the kid should be fine.
Yeah that interview was weird. They kept bringing up bitchy or diva like incidents and she was like yeah I was a bitch there. Seems like in retrospect she knows when she comes off bad but I don't think there is any desire to change it. OMG one 17 hour work day? How many days do you work a year honey?
Old 05-08-10, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
...but there are also plenty of bankable "put asses in the seats" actors and she isn't one of them in my opinion.

I know onebyone just said she was the reason for seeing those 2 movies, but I seriously doubt THAT many people feel that way about her. I doubt Knocked Up was a popular movie because of her. It was more to do Apatow and Rogen most likely.
Yes, she is, and has been since Knocked Up. Per Deadline Hollywood Daily:

I found this to be an interesting statistic: one of the main reasons audiences went to see Universal's Knocked Up this weekend was because of Katherine Heigl. According to exit polls, humor was first (80%), story second (43%) and Heigl third (35%, skewing female.) But Seth Rogen was only 6th (18%, skewing to younger males), not far ahead of Judd Apatow (12%).
And that's why the dismally reviewed The Ugly Truth trounced Apatow's Knocked Up follow-up Funny People at the box office last summer.
Old 05-09-10, 12:21 AM

Because you bumped a two-month-old thread and that was your first post, I can only assume you ARE Katherine Heigl or someone associated with her.
Old 05-09-10, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hmg83
Yes, she is, and has been since Knocked Up. Per Deadline Hollywood Daily:

And that's why the dismally reviewed The Ugly Truth trounced Apatow's Knocked Up follow-up Funny People at the box office last summer.
That and perhaps because Funny People was god awful.
Old 05-09-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Is hmg83 trying to say that Katherine Heigl is anything more than a television actress? And a pretty mediocre one at that.
Old 05-09-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
Because you bumped a two-month-old thread and that was your first post, I can only assume you ARE Katherine Heigl or someone associated with her.
Based on their screen name, I'd say the person is Heigl's Manager (#83)
Old 05-10-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
http://twitter.com/HMG83
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ghazi...sour/830613468
Old 05-10-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was mhg83 and he was afraid to show support for her(with his "real" account).
Old 05-10-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Her movie career is going great. If her star dips in the next 5-10 years it's not like she won't have any movie offers. Just look at all the people starring in tv shows now who were much lower tier movie stars in the 80's then Heigl is currently.
Old 05-10-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the new Killers movie looks pretty good. It will make a good date movie, something for the guys and girls.