TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol -- Hollywood Week Round 3 and 4 -- 2/10-2/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: American Idol -- Hollywood Week Round 3 and 4 -- 2/10-2/11

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Joanna Pacitti, the woman who forgot her words every day in Hollywood, and who had already a couple of albums and a previous record contract has been disqualified and replaced with another contestant.
That suck. She looks a bit like Deanna Russo from Knight Rider.
Old 02-12-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Joanna Pacitti, the woman who forgot her words every day in Hollywood, and who had already a couple of albums and a previous record contract has been disqualified and replaced with another contestant.
I just read that she is dating Mark Ballas, from Dancing with the Stars. I guess he dumped that Cheetah Girl who was his partner for her.
Old 02-12-09, 10:31 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Felicia Barton

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_Ri4ivSKOk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_Ri4ivSKOk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 02-12-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was upset that Jen(from Hi-5, one of my 3yr olds favorite shows) didn't get in. I don't usually watch it but I was on the computer while my wife was watching and she brought it up that she was the Jenn from the show so i was kinda rooting for her.
Old 02-12-09, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by brainee
Again, Tatiana gets the greatest reaction shots from the other contentants. After she goes back into the room with the remaining people crying about making top 36, you can see Nathaniel clapping disgustedly, the oil rig guy with a pained fake smile, and the people in the back can manage nothing more than a expression She's in big trouble with this format though. No way she'll finish top 3 next week. America hates her too much. She better start working her feminine charms on Randy and Simon early to get their wild card vote.

Did you hear Danny's wife died? What a sad story ... we all should vote for him. It's too bad AI doesn't play this up more

What will AI do if Blind Scott makes the top 12, when they start making everyone do those awful dance routines? Will they have him sit to the side? Or stand in the middle while everyone dances around him? Give him his walking stick and tell him to just do his best? Give him a seeing eye dog? Or maybe pair him up with someone to give him directions and lead him around?
Nice Remarks, KARMA.. what a DA..
Old 02-12-09, 11:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Holy flurking schnitt. I've finally figured out why I recognize Jackie Tohn. She was the female lead in the Uwe Boll masterpiece Postal!
Old 02-12-09, 11:44 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm. About Joanna Pacitti, this is merely speculation on my part but...

Several of her songs have appeared on soundtracks, including "Legally Blonde," "First Daughter" and "Bratz,"
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...12/story.jhtml

Then...
Lionsgate’s official press release says Paula has joined the creative team of Bratz: The Movie, a live action feature film. Paula will serve as an executive producer on the project, and will “play an integral part in several key creative areas, including music, choreography and fashion.”
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bratz...bdul-4261.html

Now Paula was eventually fired from/quit Bratz, but still...
Old 02-12-09, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Actually, I think I've turned the corner on Tatiana, not rooting for her, but her narcissistic bubbliness makes for good TV.
It's a big fat act. Watch her carefully, in some shots you can see her slying glancing to find out where the cameraman is, THEN going off into one of her latest tirades. It was quite noticable last night when she exited the judges room.
Old 02-12-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
It's a big fat act. Watch her carefully, in some shots you can see her slying glancing to find out where the cameraman is, THEN going off into one of her latest tirades. It was quite noticable last night when she exited the judges room.
Oh, I'm not buying her act, I'm just glad to see her willing to put on a show for the cameras and the viewers.
Old 02-12-09, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Nice Remarks, KARMA.. what a DA..
I suppose I'd be insulted if this statement made any sense

About Joanna Pacitti, yeah I heard it was more from her close relationships with 19E management (including one who she mentions as being one of her closest friends and a career manager) ... not the past showbiz credits. I've never really had a problem with past record deals for AI contestants, as long as they don't currently have one and have never had any measure of success. It's kind of crappy that AI didn't figure all this out weeks (or months) ago - it's not like Pacitti's ties seem to be any big secret.
Old 02-12-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
I suppose I'd be insulted if this statement made any sense

About Joanna Pacitti, yeah I heard it was more from her close relationships with 19E management (including one who she mentions as being one of her closest friends and a career manager) ... not the past showbiz credits. I've never really had a problem with past record deals for AI contestants, as long as they don't currently have one and have never had any measure of success. It's kind of crappy that AI didn't figure all this out weeks (or months) ago - it's not like Pacitti's ties seem to be any big secret.
My guess...

Hollywood week is taped in advance (not SURE so could be wrong).
They made up their minds way before today but in order to not give away any spoilers they waited until the episode aired to make the announcement.
Old 02-12-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I think Hollywood week is taped in late fall/early winter. Probably around October/November.
Old 02-12-09, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
They made up their minds way before today but in order to not give away any spoilers they waited until the episode aired to make the announcement.
Though don't you think this makes AI look bad? I guess there's the old saying that no publicity is bad publicity. But I would've thought if they knew all along that they'd edit Pacitti out of all the episodes and the viewers would never have any idea.

I suppose AI might've been ignorant of Pacitti's 19E ties ... or they knew and thought that it would never surface. But once the shows air on tv, everything gets put under more scruntiny. Gossip reporters and sites like Vote for the Worst ... they dig, and if there's something to be found it usually surfaces. Which makes me think it's the first option - AI just didn't know. They seemed to learn a lesson from Carly Smithson last year, and made an effort to be open about Pacitti.
Old 02-12-09, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I just read that she is dating Mark Ballas, from Dancing with the Stars. I guess he dumped that Cheetah Girl who was his partner for her.

I don't watch AI but I paid attention to her because she used to date Tim Gleason of the Carolina Hurricanes. She was still dating him last year when Mark Ballas was in town working with Kristi Yamguchi. Not to start any rumors or anything but Mark and Joanna were around each other a lot during that time
Old 02-12-09, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

If Pacitti actually performed anywhere near good she would probably still be there. Continually forgetting the lyrics and performing substandard made the decision easy. She did not deserve to be there, and it was painfully obvious.
Old 02-12-09, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat
Tatiana Del Toro
Stevie Wright
Anne Marie Boskovich
Jackie Tohn
Casey Carlson
Alexis Grace
Anoop Desai
Michael Sarver
Stephen Fowler
Danny Gokey
Ricky Braddy
Brent Keith
Looks like Danny Gokey and Annop Desai are the leading contenders for 2 of the 3 spots. Michael Sarver will probably get the 3rd one. Hope that Casey Carlson and Anne Marie Boskovich pull through. Also like Alexis Grace.
Old 02-12-09, 04:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

The three slots are chosen as follows:

Top boy vote-getter
Top girl vote-getter
Top remaining vote-getter, regardless of gender

In short, we will end up with at least one boy and one girl.
Old 02-12-09, 04:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

i don't watch this, but it popped on...did that crazy, OVERLY emotional girl that was put into a different room 2 nights ago and keeps doing different songs, make into the 36 that gets on the show or whatever. she is a little heavy-set, but not by much i think...
Old 02-12-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i don't watch this, but it popped on...did that crazy, OVERLY emotional girl that was put into a different room 2 nights ago and keeps doing different songs, make into the 36 that gets on the show or whatever. she is a little heavy-set, but not by much i think...
That would be Twatiana (one of the best nicks btw. whoever coined it) and yes, she's in the 36.
Old 02-12-09, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

scott1598,

Yes, Tatiana Del Toro made the Top 36. She will be in the grouping who perform next week.
Old 02-12-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I think Hollywood week is taped in late fall/early winter. Probably around October/November.
I believe it's all wrapped up before Christmas. I recall hearing about how Paula was in Hollywood (week) at the time of that "stalker" suicide outside of her residence.
Old 02-12-09, 05:06 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by rkndkn
scott1598,

Yes, Tatiana Del Toro made the Top 36. She will be in the grouping who perform next week.
how? from what little i heard she didn't sound that good. are her antics what bring her back, because i thought AI would be above that by now (yes, they still do the keep you on the edge thing) but to bring stupid people back for more?
Old 02-12-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess the producers are starting to worry about the decrease in ratings. So instead of 1 or 2 attention-getters, we now have a freak show.
Old 02-12-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Danny has by far got to be the favorite now.

Casey, Anne Marie, Megan are smoking hot.

Jamar not making it over at least 3 or 4 guys is a travesty.
Old 02-13-09, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
how? from what little i heard she didn't sound that good...
She has an incredibly good voice. But she is annoying as hell when she isn't singing, and sometimes when she is singing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.