Search this Thread

Old 02-08-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Mama Spent Money When She Had None " -- 2/8/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Bree buys a new car while Lynette and Tom resolve to sell his Mustang for extra cash; Susan is determined to send MJ to a school she and Mike can't afford; Gaby joins Edie's "boot camp" to get back into shape; and Lee wrestles with telling Lynette and Tom some disturbing facts about Dave.

Old 02-08-09, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Mama Spent Money When She Had None " -- 2/8/09

im gonna watch this show maybe give it a shot lets hope i like it
Old 02-08-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of interesting character development for the housewives. Glad to see Delaney back as well.
Old 02-08-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlord190
im gonna watch this show maybe give it a shot lets hope i like it
Are you starting watching this episode or starting with season 1 episode 1?

This would be an awful time to start watching.

The show is extremely serialized. I think your going to have a really hard time figuring out all the plot points/characters.
Old 02-08-09, 11:45 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

@ Dave's comparison of his marriage to Edie to his marriage with his previous wife.

Too bad Lynette wasn't going about 80mph without a seatbelt on when she hit Bree's car.
Old 02-09-09, 12:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJariya
Are you starting watching this episode or starting with season 1 episode 1?

This would be an awful time to start watching.

The show is extremely serialized. I think your going to have a really hard time figuring out all the plot points/characters.
i started watching today and i really enjoyed it
loved lee and gabby
edie and the boot camp guy were great
bree is SUCH a control freak
but it helped having someone explain everything during commercials
love the show
Old 02-09-09, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Mmmm - Gabby in that red dress.
Old 02-09-09, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Good for gay guy tattling on Dave

Susan is really pathetic but redeemed herself a bit at the end
Old 02-09-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by davidh777

She was so fucking annoying - even more than usual. They don't have a good public school on Wisteria Lane? I find that hard to believe.
Old 02-09-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
She was so fucking annoying - even more than usual. They don't have a good public school on Wisteria Lane? I find that hard to believe.
Yeah, they kept telling us it was the suburbs but we're to believe that they don't have good public schools out there?
Old 02-09-09, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidh777

lee is gay?!?!?!?!?
Old 02-09-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I hate Susan more and more each episode. I find it amazing how unlikable they are willing to make the main characters.

Susan is so selfish. The private school bullshit was SO annoying. She's the only character on this show I have NEVER seen working, and yet she's telling Mike he needs to work more? Ugh, I really shouldn't let a TV show get me that annoyed.

I have to side with Bree on the pizza stuff. You have a cookbook out, and you specify fresh ingredients. You partner in a restaurant and you want them serving your food with subpar ingredients? Sorry Lynette, but if you need the money you have to relinquish some control and while it was shady of Bree to throw them out behind her back, she did try to convince Lynette to not use the crap parmesan.

The bedroom scene with Edie was very funny. She should have never asked Dave to clarify.

Gaby is of course a bitch so nothing new there, and while she may have "learned a lesson" this episode, she'll back to her bitchy self and learning another lesson she will forget later on.
Old 02-09-09, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So the economy is still going to be really bad 5 years into the future? Man, that's gonna suck...

Or was the last season finale actually set 5 years ago and the new episodes take place in the present? This is more confusing than Lost...
Old 02-10-09, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I have to side with Bree on the pizza stuff. You have a cookbook out, and you specify fresh ingredients. You partner in a restaurant and you want them serving your food with subpar ingredients? Sorry Lynette, but if you need the money you have to relinquish some control and while it was shady of Bree to throw them out behind her back, she did try to convince Lynette to not use the crap parmesan.
Agreed. She has a professional reputation, and didn't Lynette go behind her back to advertise that she was using Bree's recipes?

Originally Posted by windom
So the economy is still going to be really bad 5 years into the future? Man, that's gonna suck...
I didn't even think of that. Then again,
Old 02-10-09, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Or was the last season finale actually set 5 years ago and the new episodes take place in the present? This is more confusing than Lost...
Plus I would hope in 5 years Hybrids aren't something so rare that you could brag about anymore. (They hardly are now)

I'm in a fairly nice far NW suburb of Chicago, and my nephews would have to go to a school that scored 67% on their standardized English test. Needless to say they will be going to private school. So it IS possible.

Last edited by JTH182; 02-10-09 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-10-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTH182
Plus I would hope in 5 years Hybrids aren't something so rare that you could brag about anymore. (They hardly are now)

I'm in a fairly nice far NW suburb of Chicago, and my nephews would have to go to a school that scored 67% on their standardized English test. Needless to say they will be going to private school. So it IS possible.
Well in addition to that, Susan did clarify her issues with the public school. The class sizes were getting so large that MJ was slipping behind. Which is entirely possible. Large class sizes are notoriously bad when it comes to losing some of the slower kids who need more personal attention. MJ is at that crucial age of learning to read where if he fails to do well it will having him struggling for the rest of his academic career. As if having the blue collar plumber as his Dad and the ditzy, accident-prone artist Mom already didn't bode well.
Old 02-10-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well god forbid she take time out of her day to actually teach the kid on her own time as well. I mean she's so busy stealing jewelry that she can't possibly buy Hooked on Phonics and teach the kid herself. I mean a parent actually doing something educational with their kid? What a ridiculous concept.
Old 02-10-09, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Well god forbid she take time out of her day to actually teach the kid on her own time as well. I mean she's so busy stealing jewelry that she can't possibly buy Hooked on Phonics and teach the kid herself. I mean a parent actually doing something educational with their kid? What a ridiculous concept.

I had the same thought or hire a tutor for a few hours a week, which has got to be much cheaper than private school. Susan seems like the type of person with a lot of free time on her hands. Why not spend that time helping your kid read instead of stealing and bitching to your ex that he doesn't work hard enough or bring home enough bacon.
Old 02-10-09, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, if the current episodes are present-day, then everything that was shown in previous seasons had to be taking place 5-8 years ago, which means that all the previous seasons are filled with anachronisms. Or is Wisteria Lane trapped somewhere in the Twilight Zone?

Or does it simply wake up every now and then like Brigadoon?
Old 02-10-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thought it was a decent episode. wonder what the plan is now that bree ripped up that check.
Old 02-10-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

His mom illustrates kids' books so he never bothered to read the words
Old 02-11-09, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090212/tv_nm/us_sheridan_1

"Desperate Housewives" to lose Nicollette Sheridan

Wed Feb 11, 7:47 pm ET Reuters – Cast member Nicollette Sheridan poses on 'Wisteria Lane' in front of the house where her character lives, … LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Television's "Desperate Housewives" are losing a resident of Wisteria Lane.

Nicollette Sheridan, who plays blonde-bombshell Realtor Edie Britt on the ABC comedy, is leaving the show, a spokeswoman for the network said on Wednesday.

ABC gave no further details about the timing or circumstances of the departure of Sheridan's loud-mouthed character.

But E! online columnist Ted Casablanca wrote that Britt would be involved in a car accident after dodging a plot hatched by shady new screen husband Dave Williams to kill her off.

Sheridan's character has already left the TV show once. She was driven out of Wisteria Lane by the other housewives last season but returned when the show jumped five years forward in the fall of 2008.

British-born Sheridan, 45, appeared in the US TV soap opera "Knots Landing" in the 1990s before joining the cast of "Desperate Housewives" in 2004.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant)

Chris
Old 02-12-09, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate Susan like everyone else, but to have her actually try to steal and then sell the pearls was over the line, even for such a stupid character like her. She should be sent to jail for 5 years, so we never have to see or hear her again.
Old 02-12-09, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had the same thought or hire a tutor for a few hours a week, which has got to be much cheaper than private school. Susan seems like the type of person with a lot of free time on her hands. Why not spend that time helping your kid read instead of stealing and bitching to your ex that he doesn't work hard enough or bring home enough bacon.
Duh. It's called bad writing. The writers needed a new avenue for Susan to get into whacky misunderstandings. Throwing her into a private school art class as an assistant (to what will probably end up being a love interest fraught with tension) gives them tons for her to do besides staring out of her windows, spying on the neighbors.
Old 02-12-09, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just kill her already please. Have Hitler move into her old house. I would probably like him more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.