Reload this Page >

Heroes -- "A Clear & Present Danger" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 2/2/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "A Clear & Present Danger" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 2/2/09

Old 02-02-09, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Heroes -- "A Clear & Present Danger" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 2/2/09

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Also, did I miss a change in how Peter's ability works? He shouldn't have had to touch Mohinder to get his power.
It is like they wanted to change how his power works to make it limited to the power of the last person he touched. Peter's response to Nathan when he asked him what powers he had, Nathan hugging him maybe to override any power he may have had that could stop him from being stunned, and the suspense that was supposed to be there as he was about to be sucked out of the plane. Maybe they were going to change it but it was edited out.
Old 02-02-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
It is like they wanted to change how his power works to make it limited to the power of the last person he touched. Peter's response to Nathan when he asked him what powers he had, Nathan hugging him maybe to override any power he may have had that could stop him from being stunned, and the suspense that was supposed to be there as he was about to be sucked out of the plane. Maybe they were going to change it but it was edited out.
Hmm, that makes sense, although the show didn't explain the change at all. But, if the serum did change how the power works, I'm cool with him only having one power at a time. It'll be a change for the better to not be insanely powerful anymore.
Old 02-02-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bryan Fuller can't get here soon enough.
Old 02-02-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overall, this show is still terrible. They took a break and everything is still so poor.

Let me guess...

The bad guys are going to turn on Nathan when they find out he can fly. And just as our heroes are about to bite the big one... Sylar comes in and saves the day.

Plane crash on an island? How about an original thought? Is that possible?
Old 02-02-09, 10:27 PM

Also, did I miss a change in how Peter's ability works? He shouldn't have had to touch Mohinder to get his power.

I'm totally thinking he's ability absorbed his dad's and now he has the syphon ability power thing. That's the only thing i can think of
Old 02-02-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While I thought this episode was a bit more captivating, I still thought it to be too predictable, and some of the acting almost seemed fake. Maybe that's just me.

Where, oh where is Bryan Fuller...
Old 02-02-09, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Peter lost his powers during the last few episodes and was then injected with the serum that gives people powers. That obviously changed the way his powers work -- he now needs to make physical contact to absorb a power. Note that it also hasn't been affirmatively established that he keeps one power when he absorbs a new one.
Old 02-02-09, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF
Peter lost his powers during the last few episodes and was then injected with the serum that gives people powers. That obviously changed the way his powers work -- he now needs to make physical contact to absorb a power. Note that it also hasn't been affirmatively established that he keeps one power when he absorbs a new one.
Not that obviously, we can only assume. Given what show this is there's really no telling what exactly is going on yet and if it will even make any sense when it's addressed.
Old 02-02-09, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God I hope that island has dinosaurs on it. If not, a smoke monster will suffice.
Old 02-03-09, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dunno I thought it was a lot more exciting and energetic than the first half of this season, and lightyears better than the second season. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Old 02-03-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I dunno I thought it was a lot more exciting and energetic than the first half of this season, and lightyears better than the second season. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
I agree. I actually liked and enjoyed this episode, and it's been awhile since I've been able to say that about an episode of Heroes.
Old 02-03-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I liked it too. But I'm still going to make fun of it.
Old 02-03-09, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

So when do the Sentinels show up? And were they being transported to Genosha?
Old 02-03-09, 01:28 AM

Not that obviously, we can only assume. Given what show this is there's really no telling what exactly is going on yet and if it will even make any sense when it's addressed.
Peter's powers having changed was pretty obvious to me. We saw him take Mohinder's super strength, use it to throw the guards around with ease, then knocked Tracy, taking her ability. He then got his ass handed to him and froze the side of the plane, implying that he took on her ability and lost Mohinder's.

It seems the show can't win; people slam it for being hamhanded and treating viewers like idiots, and then they completely miss what's spelled out right in front of them.

Or perhaps your hurry to find fault with the show just leaves you incapable of deducing these kinds of things.

The episode wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable enough and definitely left me wanting more. I'm thinking HRG's gonna be in a lot of trouble when the rest of 'em come around.
Old 02-03-09, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Peter's powers having changed was pretty obvious to me. We saw him take Mohinder's super strength, use it to throw the guards around with ease, then knocked Tracy, taking her ability. He then got his ass handed to him and froze the side of the plane, implying that he took on her ability and lost Mohinder's.

It seems the show can't win; people slam it for being hamhanded and treating viewers like idiots, and then they completely miss what's spelled out right in front of them.

Or perhaps your hurry to find fault with the show just leaves you incapable of deducing these kinds of things.

The episode wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable enough and definitely left me wanting more. I'm thinking HRG's gonna be in a lot of trouble when the rest of 'em come around.
I'm not finding fault yet, but forgive me if I am expecting it to be there. And for the record I liked the episode overall. I want this show to live up to the potential it has. And if they can pull off having Mohinder front and center and still manage a decent episode then it might be on the way.
Old 02-03-09, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not finding fault yet, but forgive me if I am expecting it to be there. And for the record I liked the episode overall. I want this show to live up to the potential it has. And if they can pull off having Mohinder front and center and still manage a decent episode then it might be on the way.
I agree. Having Mohinder on screen without me squirming is an accomplishment. To be rooting for him to kick some ass is a miracle.
Old 02-03-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked this episode well enough to keep watching. Even though people laughed LOST off the map for over a year, it took two good solid years for people to jump back on the ship and say how great it's always been. Good character's can support a crappy storyline, and this storyline has at least promise to be good.
Old 02-03-09, 02:33 AM

The show's definitely had huge plot holes before, and I have no problem with them being pointed out, but I've seen far too many people ragging on nitpicks that aren't even nits to be picked this season. So I am a bit touchy on that subject.

But I'm glad to see that you and other people enjoyed the show. Hopefully we'll get some more meaningful discussion now than people just endlessly bashing it. And yes, Mohinder was awesome. Although I've always liked him, myself.
Old 02-03-09, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So this is Vol 4 but it still is season 3. Oh wells I'll just go with the flow and not think to hard on it.
Old 02-03-09, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

At the beginning of this episode when Claire was all I gotta find Sylar and stop I was like oh God not this stupid I'm gonna hunt down dangerous supervillains with a taser shit again. But this was actually a good episode. Peter maybe not being Superman anymore, Claire not as annoying, Mohinder layin the smackdown, Sylar completely owning those guys. I gotta say at first I didn't think I'd Nathan's heel turn but him and HRG being the bad guys worked at least for this episode. I looking forward to the next episode something I haven't done in a long time.
Old 02-03-09, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
So this is Vol 4 but it still is season 3. Oh wells I'll just go with the flow and not think to hard on it.
Correct. Season 3 is broken up into 2 story arcs, which are in a sense 2 mini-seasons.
Old 02-03-09, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did a real bang-up job of continuity editing relating to that staff/stick.
Old 02-03-09, 07:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm glad they're making it clear who's on what side this time around. The last "volume" went way too overboard with all the "gray area" stuff.
Old 02-03-09, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I just finished watching it, and like the direction. I mean, it could only go up, right?
Old 02-03-09, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Fallout 3 music!!
Yep! Loved it.

Thank God Mohinder managed to catch Peter, since he doesn't have any kind of flying ability.
I was screaming at him as well to just Fly...but what others said here makes sense but they really need to spell that out to the viewers.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Correct. Season 3 is broken up into 2 story arcs, which are in a sense 2 mini-seasons.
Yep. Had Season 2 not been hit with the Writers Strike it too would have been split into two volumes as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.