Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Monk returns Jan. 9

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Monk returns Jan. 9

Old 12-18-08, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monk returns Jan. 9

Finally! It seems like ages since there were new episodes to watch, though of course there was the holiday episode. I'm particularly psyched because I've heard Bradley Whitford is guest-starring on one of the earlier episodes, and I love him. So sad when Studio 60 kicked it. But him and Tony Shalhoub together is going to basically be awesome.
Old 12-18-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, is this the final run of new episodes in the series?
Old 12-18-08, 02:17 PM

Not yet, there's still one more season which starts next summer and presumably continues into 2010. So we've still got a whole year to go.

The Monk website has a countdown feature that reveals something new each day about these upcoming episodes:

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/mon...tdowncalendar/
Old 12-18-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueJayWay
Not yet, there's still one more season which starts next summer and presumably continues into 2010. So we've still got a whole year to go.

The Monk website has a countdown feature that reveals something new each day about these upcoming episodes:

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/mon...tdowncalendar/
Huh. I thought they said this current season (whose second half is about to begin in January) was to be the last. As a fan of the series, I'm glad to see it continue a bit longer, but they really need to start going somewhere again.
Old 12-19-08, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Huh. I thought they said this current season (whose second half is about to begin in January) was to be the last. As a fan of the series, I'm glad to see it continue a bit longer, but they really need to start going somewhere again.
No, they said the 8th season would be the last. This is the second half of the 7th season.
Old 12-19-08, 11:08 AM

I loved the Magnum, P.I. style promos for the new episodes. Does anyone know if the older promos are on the DVDs as bonus footage? I think one of my favorites was the one in a diner where the leads from Dead Zone and Psych over who had it tougher . In the next booth is Monk counting up exactly 100 kernels of corn.
Old 12-19-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
I hope the second half of S7 is stronger than the first half.
Old 12-20-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
No, they said the 8th season would be the last. This is the second half of the 7th season.
Sometimes, it's good to be wrong.
Old 12-23-08, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Barings
I loved the Magnum, P.I. style promos for the new episodes. Does anyone know if the older promos are on the DVDs as bonus footage? I think one of my favorites was the one in a diner where the leads from Dead Zone and Psych over who had it tougher . In the next booth is Monk counting up exactly 100 kernels of corn.

Oh man, I LOVE those commercials! Both the older ones with the various character crossovers, and the new Magnum PI ones. You can see the new ones on the web site, which is where I went to try and find more of them.

And yeah, just to clarify, this is definitely the second half of the seventh season, and there is definitely one more season after this one, for a total of eight seasons. One thing I'm seriously looking forward to is that Bradley Whitford is going to guest star in an episode -- I absolutely love him in West Wing and Studio 60. I love the Monk episodes where they have good guest stars.