Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Duel" -- 12/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's fair. Literature has been around for hundreds of years, but there are always new stories. Look at all the original movies you see.

Lesser known powers are better though...I've always felt there aren't enough gravitational field powers. Harry Leland, Alex Power and Gravity are the only ones I know who alter it in any way. And I doubt many know Gravity unless they keep up on Galactus-relateds.

Last edited by DarkestPhoenix; 12-19-08 at 11:28 PM. Reason: FUCK! GRAVITON!!!
Old 12-21-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Wonder what would happen if Peter gets Ando's power, would that mean he can super charge his own abilities? Not sure if they want to go there, since they already making a few characters rather super.
Old 12-21-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Look at all the original movies you see.
Uh, kinda like this one.
Old 12-29-08, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I think it's fair. Literature has been around for hundreds of years, but there are always new stories. Look at all the original movies you see.

Lesser known powers are better though...I've always felt there aren't enough gravitational field powers. Harry Leland, Alex Power and Gravity are the only ones I know who alter it in any way. And I doubt many know Gravity unless they keep up on Galactus-relateds.
You're forgetting Starboy/Starman and Light Lass from DC's Legion of Super Heroes/JSA. But even that would be "copying" some comicbook power. I agree, all the cool powers are pretty much explained in comics without having some really convoluted power that would be too confusing for the audience to either see or understand. At least they don't just have everyone shooting out different colors of energy blasts. I mean really, what absolutely-new-and-never-before-seen-in-a-comic-book power can you think of?

And Ando's power is pretty much non-basic... it's not a power that many have likely seen before, as it makes for a pretty lame hero/villain on it's own (oh, my power is to make others better!). And Maya's power was pretty unique.

Anyway,the lack of unique powers is the least of the problems with the show. I don't mind the powers so much, let's get back to coherent plots that don't contradict each other, and characters that aren't as dumb as a brick for the sake of the plot.