Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Duel" -- 12/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nogura
We don't really know what happened to Pinehurst. We saw Flint set the lab on fire, but we have no idea what happened after Peter flew out of the building with Nathan.
Looking back I see you are right. My initial impression was that everything got destroyed at the end. I see that the lab is only thing at Pinehearst that got destroyed.
Old 12-17-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,132 Posts
However, that Paper place was totally destroyed.

RIP Meredith aka BioMom. Well...at least until you come back.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-17-08 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-17-08, 10:51 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Nathan is making little sense, "lets give everyone powers" now, lets round them all up?
I have a bigger problem with him bouncing between noble and villainous. It's one thing to have an epiphany and suddenly think "Everyone needs to have powers, it's the only way". It's another to suddenly act 'evil' ("If you're not with me, you're against me!", going after Peter with a pipe, etc.) because your viewpoints are now contrary to the 'good guys'.
Old 12-17-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiddk1
on my DVR the title said "Duality"
...but on screen in the episode itself and in the episode guide, it's "Dual".
Old 12-17-08, 11:18 AM

Nathan's change of heart is somewhat consistent with his original philosophy. He just wants everyone to be on level ground. Since he now can't give everyone powers, the "few" with powers now need to be removed.
Old 12-17-08, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
...but on screen in the episode itself and in the episode guide, it's "Dual".
we know that, I was simply stating the discrepency in the titles
Old 12-17-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Super X
I had more of an issue with her being able to run back to the present at all. She discovered by accident that she was able to run into the past. How did she know either if she could or how she could reverse it to run into the future? They should have been stuck waiting 16 years to catch up to the present.
Wait to catch up to the present? That makes even less sense.

Last edited by DVD Josh; 12-17-08 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Wait to catch up to the present? That makes even less sense.
No, it's very BttF-ish (or Frequency-ish) where they show up at the door, just that they are 16 years older.
Old 12-17-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Oh yeah I Loved the scene where Sylar Owned the puppet master.
I actually liked when the puppet master started to own Sylar, and I was kind of hoping that he'd continue to do so.
Old 12-17-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I didnt get that peter got his "absorb" abilities (although he may have) the way it appeared to me is that he took a dose of the formula and he was able to fly. nothing else showed he could absorb, or did I miss something.

Oh yeah I Loved the scene where Sylar Owned the puppet master.
You never "see" Peter absorb any powers. There is no visual indicator of this except that he can use them? He wasn't like Sylar or Pa Petrelli where it was an active taking of powers. He just passively received them. Of course this could mean he previously had powers he never even knew about. However I think it's more likely he regained his original power by using the formula.
Old 12-17-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show reminds me of wrestling. They love having people go from heel to face with no logic other than "let's mix this shit up."
Old 12-17-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
This show reminds me of wrestling. They love having people go from heel to face with no logic other than "let's mix this shit up."

Now we need some wrestling cameos.
Old 12-17-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's as if they knew it was going to end and they said, lets do this and that and get it over with. That's pretty much the whole season if you ask me.
Old 12-17-08, 01:54 PM

So here's the $100,000 question...Will they avoid some bullshit two episode arc where Nathan is conflicted with locking up family (Ma/Peter/Claire) or will they let Sylar stay dead and turn Nathan into the ultimate asshole of the show?

With the upcoming Star Trek movie and the promotional needs, I could see Quinto taking time off from the show. Then again if it's a hit, maybe he'll just move onto bigger and better things. It seems like Peter would be on deck for being the all powerful villian with Parkman/Ando being the foil.

Last edited by jpb07; 12-18-08 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Star Wars...Star Trek...Same difference ;)
Old 12-17-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I believe you mean Star Trek, and most of the season is already done filming, so that isn't even a factor. I believe he took his hiatus during last season to film Star Trek which is why we had the lame Maya/Sylar road trip plot.

Originally Posted by jpb07
will they let Sylar stay dead and turn Nathan into the ultimate asshole of the show?
There is an article in the latest EW or TVGuide (can't recall which) and that question is addressed:

Spoiler:
Sylar is indeed alive and well and even more conflicted with daddy issues and is on the hunt for his real pops... or something to that extent.
Old 12-17-08, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
Right, he has his Mimic power back but why is that the power that he got back?
Because that is the power already contained or pre-programmed in his DNA. He just got back the power he had already had. IIRC, the formula with the catalyst "unlocks" the power everyone already is supposed to have within them. At least that's my theory.
Old 12-17-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Now we need some wrestling cameos.
Triple H could make a good Heel!
Old 12-17-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sylar is so Emo.
Old 12-17-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Triple H could make a good Heel!
I'm about as far away from a wrestling fan you can get, but I think Sting or Chris Jericho would fit right in.
Old 12-17-08, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think that can be Ando's power, or at least not his complete power. Perhaps he can enhance, or slow down people's power as well. It makes no sense that he used it against Hiro in the future in a showdown. Methinks that they wanted to him to be a male Elle, but they needed a way to get back in time.

I imagine the writer's back themselves into corners, but rather than acknowledge that, and maybe rewrite scripts they just send it off, and say "we can always fix that later."
Old 12-17-08, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by jpb07
So here's the $100,000 question...Will they avoid some bullshit two episode arc where Nathan is conflicted with locking up family (Ma/Peter/Claire) or will they let Sylar stay dead and turn Nathan into the ultimate asshole of the show?

With the upcoming Star Wars movie and the promotional needs, I could see Quinto taking time off from the show. Then again if it's a hit, maybe he'll just move onto bigger and better things. It seems like Peter would be on deck for being the all powerful villian with Parkman/Ando being the foil.
They have already filmed up to episode 20 or 21 (25 episodes this Season). Very unlikely they will let Sylar leave during the final few episodes, especially with Fullers return.
Old 12-17-08, 04:33 PM

So is there a long pause before volume 4 starts? It has a full 26 episode run doesn't it?

I thought this episode sucked, one of the worst this year... but I'll keep on watching on the slight hopes that it eventually all falls together. I'm putting my money on it being Sylar is a young man who is having a long dream and at the end of the series he wakes up and decides burning ants with his magnifying glass is wrong.
Old 12-17-08, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Feneant
So is there a long pause before volume 4 starts? It has a full 26 episode run doesn't it?

I thought this episode sucked, one of the worst this year... but I'll keep on watching on the slight hopes that it eventually all falls together. I'm putting my money on it being Sylar is a young man who is having a long dream and at the end of the series he wakes up and decides burning ants with his magnifying glass is wrong.
Volume 4 airs after the Superbowl...so 1.5 months or 6 weeks. Not very long. Not 9 months long like last year...
Old 12-17-08, 05:54 PM

6 weeks is too long to make fans wait, these damn shows dont air until sept or oct now and end in may, I remember as a kid the shows would begin and end with he school years.
Old 12-17-08, 06:34 PM
Suspended

6 weeks is too long to make fans wait, these damn shows dont air until sept or oct now and end in may, I remember as a kid the shows would begin and end with he school years.
That's how it works. This season is 3 episodes longer then normal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.