Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Not smoking hot. Most women are supposed to have tits.
Old 12-24-08, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The thing that bugs me about Stephanie Jacobsen is that it sounds like she has shit in her mouth when she talks half the time. Does she have a speech impediment of some kind, or is it just the Australian accent?
Old 12-24-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
The thing that bugs me about Stephanie Jacobsen is that it sounds like she has shit in her mouth when she talks half the time. Does she have a speech impediment of some kind, or is it just the Australian accent?
I think she just has a really thick Aussie accent and we just aren't used to hearing someone speak like that.
Old 12-24-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I think she just has a really thick Aussie accent and we just aren't used to hearing someone speak like that.

I agree. Frankly I'm glad she uses her natural accent. I get tired of Foreign born actors having to use fake American accents and it's easy for Stephanie Jacobsen since her character doesn't have a history in the T-Universe/Franchise. In the case of Sarah Connor obviously it's been established that she's American so Lena Headey has no other choice but fake an accent.
Old 12-25-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Odd Episode, but overall I love the series. Plus Jessie is hot.
Old 12-26-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bronkster
Yeah! Gotta wonder if teaching a machine the concepts of God is a good thing or bad thing.
I'd say the answer to that is BAD! Battlestar Galactica is my example. Cylons killing all humans in the name of God is bad, yes?
Old 01-07-09, 04:36 PM

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Thomas Dekker drops some spoilers about the second half of the season:

Spoiler:

Dekker—who in real life is prone to giggling and is way friendlier than his dour onscreen character—reveals, among other things, that his not-everything-she-seems girlfriend Riley (Leven Rambin) may not have killed herself, as it appeared in the last episode of last year.

"She did not die from slitting her wrists," Dekker said, confirming what co-star Garret Dillahunt had leaked earlier. "I will say that much. But I can't say what happens—Garret's a trickster, so I wouldn't believe much that he said."

But she may not be the last character to take the big dirt nap as the season winds up, Dekker added. "They said at Comic-Con that one of the major characters would die this season, and I think everyone thought it was Garret's character [killer cyborg Cromartie] ... His character did die, but then ... he's back [as a new cyborg, so] maybe he's not the one who dies. I can't really say who. It's so cryptic. Somebody still has to die. ... Yes, there's still a major death. I think."
John will encounter his real father, the ill-fated Kyle Reese, played by Jonathan Jackson, at some point.
Interesting. Are we going to see a lot more cyborgs coming back or a lot more people? It seems like there's a revolving door on the time machine.

Dekker: I think that the writers are tired of that. I think that initially, when we started the second season, kind of one of the requests of sort of the powers that be was that we did more singular episodes, less serialized. ... That's why they invented the wall with all the names on it, so that we would be able to do a mission an episode. But that involved a lot of Terminators coming back, and to me that's always irritated our writers. And now they have permission to be more serialized again, and more science fiction, so that's happening less. Because that started to bug me. I was like, "Yeah, this time machine's busier than freaking JFK airport." ...

Yeah, I think it does, it definitely, I don't think in the back nine we find anybody coming back. There's just a lot, it really gets interesting with John Henry [Dillahunt] and, uh, my father.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/thomas-...chronicles.php
Old 01-07-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Originally Posted by ckw4b
Thomas Dekker drops some spoilers about the second half of the season:

Spoiler:

http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/thomas-...chronicles.php
This is good news - glad to hear that the writers feel the same way that I do.
Old 01-07-09, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to de-spoilerize just this bit
Originally Posted by Dekker
we started the second season, kind of one of the requests of sort of the powers that be was that we did more singular episodes, less serialized. ... That's why they invented the wall with all the names on it, so that we would be able to do a mission an episode....And now they have permission to be more serialized again, and more science fiction ...
This is great news.

I think that explains why 'the wall' has been largely ignored since it's introduction. The motivation behind it's creation was transparent and I'm glad to hear that it was kind of forced on the writers and that pressure seems to be going away.

Last edited by wmansir; 01-07-09 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-07-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see no logical way that this Kyle Reese thing is going to work...I hate the very idea of it.