Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "The Eclipse Part 2" -- 12/1/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Slider
So far three people have asked what happened in the final 2-3 minutes of the episode and to the best of my knowledge nobody gave a serious answer. I just glanced through the thread, so I could be wrong. I am one of the people who had a DVR that cut off before the episode ended. Could one of you tell us what happened?
I don't understand why people with DVR mishaps don't simply watch the final 3 minutes online.
Old 12-03-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
I don't understand why people with DVR mishaps don't simply watch the final 3 minutes online.
Don't want to wait 57 minutes to see the last 3 minutes when a sentences or two will due.
Old 12-03-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I laughed at Seth's speech about how normal people can be heroes. You don't have to be a millionaire or an alien to be a hero? Umm, this show is NOT about normal people being heroes. It is about abnormal people, WITH SUPERPOWERS, being heroes.
You forgot Ando, who was standing right there.
Old 12-03-08, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Don't want to wait 57 minutes to see the last 3 minutes when a sentences or two will due.
NBC's video player lets you move the time slider anywhere in the episode.
Old 12-03-08, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
NBC's video player lets you move the time slider anywhere in the episode.
Same with Hulu's. I just did it after typing this.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-03-08 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

To those who thought the Eclipse was a waste... Didn't Pa Patrelli and oddly enough Peter both sum it up? Pa made a comment about how we got to see what was really inside of people without their powers. And Peter said something to The Haitian about seeing if he still had it in him to be a hero even without his powers.
Old 12-03-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Why didn't Electro Girl squirt her Electric load all over Sylar like she did when he cut cut her head open the 1st time? Did he even cut her head this time? I guess it's implied that he was at least going to right?
Think she would just go crazy again, and they are acting like Sylar just wants to kill for the fun of it now, there is no reason, that sounds like fun. (sarcastic)
Old 12-03-08, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Question: I can't believe Sylar killed Elle. Why would Heroes get rid of Kirsten Bell? -- Sarah
Ausiello: Kristen's return was never meant to be long term, so she was leaving one way or the other. But as I hinted in last week's AA, I wasn't expecting her exit to be so permanent. And it is permanent. Unlike 90 percent of the deaths on Heroes, this one will stick. Ironic, no?
Good job, NBC! Kill one of the characters fans like and keep them dead. Idiots.
Old 12-03-08, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by mytzplyx
At least this episode restored my fondness for Hiro: "bad man"

hahahaha
No doubt, my favorite part of the episode.

This powerful dude about to lay smack down and then Hiro just pops in and says, "Yo, I remember you, bad man!" TPs him away and resolves the situation in a matter of seconds. Shows how powerful he could be if he wasn't so scared of everything or too much the pussy to actually use his powers. When he gets them back, he'll be pissed at himself for going into the past after he vowed not to.

Funniest part was not that Hiro did it, but the "What the fuck" look on Sylar's face. Quinto is a fairly decent actor, at times. Others...
Old 12-03-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Eh, I'm glad they killed Elle. While I loved her in Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall this was not the role for her at all.
Old 12-03-08, 11:07 PM

Did no one notice this plothole? Why is Pa Patrelli not either comatose or on his deathbed during the eclipse. Is he the only villain on the show not affected by the eclipse?
Old 12-04-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why would he be comatose again? He's healed.
Old 12-04-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The biggest mystery is why in the blue hell are they showing opening credits 18 minutes into a 60min show!!!
Old 12-04-08, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Same with Hulu's. I just did it after typing this.
Nice story time traveler...

How else would you explain precognizance of what you will do in the future???
Old 12-04-08, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Nice story time traveler...

How else would you explain precognizance of what you will do in the future???

I met my futrue self then abruptly tore Time/Space a new one...then blew up.

I guess my powers don't work like Hiro's.
Old 12-04-08, 05:41 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Good job, NBC! Kill one of the characters fans like and keep them dead. Idiots.
Her character had become more pointless and tiresome than Ali Larter's.
Old 12-04-08, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
So much for the uphill climb the show has been making the past 3-4 episodes. This one just put it back in the crapper. So the writers keep trying to bring back the magic by recycling shit from season one. Oooh... Claire in the morgue, cut to commercial, fade back in on Claire gasping for breath. It's fucking ridiculous. They can't even wait between episodes to bring people back anymore. That's the fourth character this season revived after a commercial break (inc. Sylar, Parkman, Daphne). Enough. Grow some balls Kring and pare down the cast. What purpose does Claire serve at this point anyway? Nathan? Suresh? Tracy?

Parkman & Daphne's scenes were painful to watch. The directing & acting were terrible. Ohh Maya's back! Um, yea! ?? HRG has a clear headshot on Sylar at the end of the last episode and this one opens with Sylar nailing Elle naked on the floor? I like KBell as much as the next guy, but watching her strip and get freaky with Spock is a low priority when you have the edge on Sylar... which it turns out, doesn't matter because apparently he can cheat death. Oh and apparently the Hatian can't stop Nathan from flying anymore. Wasn't he standing there when Nathan flew/tackled his brother? Also, he didn't cripple Daphne when they previously met this season? Giving her character CP was clearly an afterthought.

I also thought the global eclipse was odd, but with all the shit I mentioned above, I think a global eclipse is the most plausible thing on the show.

Surprisingly the only story that worked for me was Hiro. The plotline that hasn't worked all season, magically came together in this episode. He did something useful and it was humorous.

The most perplexing thing is that, with the shortened season last year, the writers had more than a year to plot this shit out. It's almost like they finish the script the day they start filming, plot holes be damned. It's like they don't even care at this point.

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I find it good they did not feel like killing off half the cast, there is too much death with media now days anyway, what is with people wanting so much death now days? I do not get it, what is the point of randomly just killing off characters? I rather the main characters live.

Claire really does need to stop being shot.
If there is no threat to the main characters than there is no tension. Without tension there is zero drama. See above. Oh shit! I can't believe they killed Sylar... oh wait, he'll be back inside of 90 seconds after the JiffyPop commercial.

Originally Posted by Palaver
That bugged me at first too. I just had to let that one go. In a world where one of their top scientific minds is Suresh, obviously they play by a different set of physics rules than we do.

Originally Posted by Draven
I know exactly what I'm going to get from Heroes (and I just rewatched Season 1...which I think people are remembering a LITTLE too fondly) and this episode fit right in.

Claire getting hurt, Mohinder being stupid, Nathan doing something that makes no sense, Peter whining, Sylar playing 8 different characters in the course of an episode (good, bad, sort of good, kind of bad, etc.), Parkman getting a stupid subplot, Hiro acting like a child, and so on.

Every week, we get some variation of these things. And every week I still tune in, because I like the world and I like the characters. A lot of you obviously don't, so I'd recommend flipping the channel because it will NEVER meet your expectations.
The big difference is that in season one we had regular people leading normal lives dealing with extraordinary powers and situations. It was understandable when a character would do something stupid. Here we are two years later and these same people are still doing the same moronic things. They've learned zilch since gaining their abilities. Not to mention they all stopped leading normal lives sometime last season.

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

I remember when 'Lost' got bad... but looking back - it was more like a car driving in the right lane at 30mph on the express way.
You're delirious. Lost has never been 'bad.'

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Most productive Heroin addict EVER!

Why didn't Electro Girl squirt her Electric load all over Sylar like she did when he cut cut her head open the 1st time? Did he even cut her head this time? I guess it's implied that he was at least going to right?
My best guess is that since Sylar has her power he would no longer be affected by it.

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Her character had become more pointless and tiresome than Ali Larter's.
Come on... no one except Maya is as pointless as Tracy/Jessica/etc. Maybe Claire at this point.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 12-04-08 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-04-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

My best guess is that since Sylar has her power he would no longer be affected by it.
Yeah but when he popped her lid last time it was an all out power explosion/EMF type thing that affected everything in the vicinity. That's how the prisoners escaped. So even if he's immune there still should have been a power surge as soon as he opened her up.
Old 12-04-08, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Shazam
Why would he be comatose again? He's healed.
You could make the same argument for Adam, but when he lost his healing power (which is the same healing power that Pa used to recover), all of his healing came undone. The same should have happened for Pa Patreli.
Old 12-04-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Oh and apparently the Hatian can't stop Nathan from flying anymore. Wasn't he standing there when Nathan flew/tackled his brother? Also, he didn't cripple Daphne when they previously met this season? Giving her character CP was clearly an afterthought.
I'm pretty sure the Hatian turns his power on and off. I think that has happened before.

The big difference is that in season one we had regular people leading normal lives dealing with extraordinary powers and situations. It was understandable when a character would do something stupid. Here we are two years later and these same people are still doing the same moronic things. They've learned zilch since gaining their abilities. Not to mention they all stopped leading normal lives sometime last season.
See, that doesn't bother me. Once they discovered their powers and got involved in global events, can you actually see them going back to high school or nursing or whatever? My only issue is what they do for money, but I feel like most of the people that would affect are independently wealthy. The only one I can't figure out is Parkman. That guy must be running on fumes at this point.
Old 12-04-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe that the Haitian has to actively cancel powers. I didn't think it was automatic like Claire's. I was under the impression that he kind of turned on a "force field" that negates powers, along with having the ability to wipe peoples' minds.
Old 12-04-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Palaver
You could make the same argument for Adam, but when he lost his healing power (which is the same healing power that Pa used to recover), all of his healing came undone. The same should have happened for Pa Patreli.

What about all of Claire, Sylar, and Peter's former injuries, including major brain damage cause by impalement, returning from all the way back to Season 1? Based on what happened to Adam, maybe they all should have succumbed to former injuries and died once the Eclipse negated their powers.

But yeah I remember a discussion about this when Adam was killed by Pa Petrelli...

It was whether Healing powers should be a one time thing... i.e. Once cells are healed, there's no longer a need for the ability to be used so they go dormant until needed again.

Or

Having the Healing abilities in constant use... i.e. keeping the formerly damaged but now healed cells healed all the time with the ability never going dormant. In this case once the ability is interrupted, damage returns. It would seem Adam's ability worked like this. The thing is it appears he died from old age once the power was taken, not necessarily old injuries.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-04-08 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-04-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I believe that the Haitian has to actively cancel powers. I didn't think it was automatic like Claire's. I was under the impression that he kind of turned on a "force field" that negates powers, along with having the ability to wipe peoples' minds.
Agreed.
Old 12-04-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What about all of Claire, Sylar, and Peter's former injuries, including major brain damage cause by impalement, returning from all the way back to Season 1? Based on what happened to Adam, maybe they all should have succumbed to former injuries and died once the Eclipse negated their powers.

But yeah I remember a discussion about this when Adam was killed by Pa Petrelli...

It was whether Healing powers should be a one time thing... i.e. Once cells are healed, there's no longer a need for the ability to be used so they go dormant until needed again.

Or

Having the Healing abilities in constant use... i.e. keeping the formerly damaged but now healed cells healed all the time with the ability never going dormant. In this case once the ability is interrupted, damage returns. It would seem Adam's ability worked like this. The thing is it appears he died from old age once the power was taken, not necessarily old injuries.
That was a huge mistake they made with Adam. I think they went for the "cool looking effect" rather than any kind of logic. If the character had run his course, then he should have had his powers taken, and then had Pa Petrelli break his neck.

I think they have really ruined consistency with Claire's powers. She can't heal herself if something is lodged in her brain, yet it's her blood that supposedly heals as evidenced by HRG's revival. So why would something lodged in her brain prevent her from healing? Also how can she be immortal? You chop off her head and put it in a box is she supposed to grow a new head?

Will her head grow a new body? You have to wait to reattach them? What if they degenerate to bones in the mean time?

OK maybe I'm overthinking the last part, but I really feel that the Adam death was a HUGE mistake in logic. I am expecting a revision in a future episode where we find out Pa Petrelli has "people dissolving" powers and that's actually how he killed Adam, not through old age.
Old 12-04-08, 09:17 AM

I agree. Some consistency would be nice.

You could make the argument that Claire's healing (which is what Sylar and Peter use) might work differently than Adam's did. Since Pa Patreli uses Adam's, his should work the same as Adam's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.