Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Self Made Man" -- 12/1/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-08, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I also agree that John or preferably Cameron needs to put a bullet in Riley's head.
then...

Originally Posted by tanman
Eh..she is annoying but just the fact that she is from the future and what her mission is is interesting enough.

Noooo not really. Riley's actions and the way she messes with John's head while throwing him off his game is far more annoying than "interesting". If we're talking "Future chicks with mysterious agendas" then Derek's girl Jesse is far more interesting since she seems to be driving that part of the story; and since she doesn't seem to throw Derek off as much.
Old 12-04-08, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they tell us why the 888's mission was to kill the mayor?
What changes did Cameron make to the future by preventing that from happening?

(I just scrolled back to page 1 of the thread and saw I am late to the discussion on this topic, sorry)
Old 12-04-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Riley is from the future?
Old 12-04-08, 11:55 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ So we've been led to believe.
Old 12-04-08, 11:57 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Raul3
... and the future is uhhhgly.
Old 12-04-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Missed the episode where Riley and Derek's woman had their clandestine meeting, I take it?
Old 12-04-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
then...

Noooo not really. Riley's actions and the way she messes with John's head while throwing him off his game is far more annoying than "interesting". If we're talking "Future chicks with mysterious agendas" then Derek's girl Jesse is far more interesting since she seems to be driving that part of the story; and since she doesn't seem to throw Derek off as much.
Plus I think Jesse's smokin. Riley...not so much.
Old 12-04-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Morf
Missed the episode where Riley and Derek's woman had their clandestine meeting, I take it?
I guess.

What happened?
Old 12-04-08, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess.

What happened?
Jesse told Riley she had to continue on her mission.

And then they had sweet lesbian sex.
Old 12-04-08, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Shazam
Jesse told Riley she had to continue on her mission.

And then they had sweet lesbian sex.

Not full on sex but definitely a passionate kiss between the two.
Old 12-04-08, 03:13 PM

I guess.

What happened?
Derek discovered that Jessie had taken photos of the Connor Clan and Cameron. He confronted Jessie in her hotel room and she said that in the future, John really only talks to Cameron. Apparently, that pissed off some within the resistance so they sent her back with orders to "stop" Cameron.

Jessie later meets with Riley in a clothing store where it's revealed that Riley is working with Jessie. Riley's job is apparently to get close to John thus driving a wedge between he and Cameron.

Not as exciting as the sweet lesbian kiss summary though!
Old 12-04-08, 03:34 PM

Levin doesn't look so bad here. I'd hit it!

Old 12-05-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ckw4b
Derek discovered that Jessie had taken photos of the Connor Clan and Cameron. He confronted Jessie in her hotel room and she said that in the future, John really only talks to Cameron. Apparently, that pissed off some within the resistance so they sent her back with orders to "stop" Cameron.

Jessie later meets with Riley in a clothing store where it's revealed that Riley is working with Jessie. Riley's job is apparently to get close to John thus driving a wedge between he and Cameron.

Not as exciting as the sweet lesbian kiss summary though!
Thanks, you saved me from downloading the episode to watch the lesbian scene.
Old 12-05-08, 09:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf
Riley from the future or just told about the future?
Old 12-05-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They don't directly state that she is from the future. But they speak of her 'mission' with John and Riley says something like "there are so many mirrors in this world."

Based on the conversation, her odd behavior and clues from previous episodes I think it's unlikely she has just been recruited from the current time.
Old 12-06-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I agree. I think what they've suggested is that she's from the future to "get involved" with John romantically, but the exact reason for her mission is yet unclear to the viewer. And as we've seen in the last episode or so, she's getting more and more uncomfortable with what she has to do (whatever that is).
Old 12-06-08, 01:56 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Riley does need to go, Cameron is the best
Old 12-06-08, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The more I watch Terminator, the more I just want to say what a really beautiful young woman Summer Glau is. She looked ridiculously sexy in the last episode with her hair up and wearing that dress. Lena Headey isn't too shabby either.
Old 12-06-08, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
The more I watch Terminator, the more I just want to say what a really beautiful young woman Summer Glau is. She looked ridiculously sexy in the last episode with her hair up and wearing that dress. Lena Headey isn't too shabby either.

Yeah Summer has grown on me. I wasn't crazy about her at first.
Old 12-06-08, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I agree. I think what they've suggested is that she's from the future to "get involved" with John romantically, but the exact reason for her mission is yet unclear to the viewer. And as we've seen in the last episode or so, she's getting more and more uncomfortable with what she has to do (whatever that is).
That's why she is still interesting. WTH is she here for exactly? Why is she in cahoots with Jessie. It would be terribly lame is she is there just to drive a wedge between John and Cameron. But I think she is more important. Now getting to that information could be done with less WBish teenage drama but it is still an interesting subplot nonetheless.

We basically know she is from the future because she went crazy at her foster parents house saying how none of this matters and everyone will burn.

I am starting to get nervous about this show though because its at the point where there are so many loose ends to tie that it may just unravel.
Old 12-06-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I like how you say you really missed Sarah and hated that there was too much of other people, but then you also say you missed other people as well. This would be boring if it was JUST Sarah. Sarah only works because of the others she knows.

Secondly, this show is ACTUALLY titled TERMINATOR. Therefore, it is a LITTLE bit about Cameron, or IS "The Cameron Chronicles". TSCC is just the subtitle. As is Sarah.
Yes, it would be boring if if were just Sarah, but I never said I wanted to see only Sarah. As I said, I missed other adult characters who were not in this week's episode. As for the subtitle, I'm sure the producers had a reason for going with "The SARAH Connor Chronicles." They put her name in the title of the show, not John's or Cameron's. As such, I hope and expect to see a lot of Sarah each week.
Old 12-07-08, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Great episode, I like the direction this show is taking. Summer Glau is great as the terminator; her deadpan expression is perfect.
Old 12-07-08, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by wmansir
They don't directly state that she is from the future. But they speak of her 'mission' with John and Riley says something like "there are so many mirrors in this world."

Based on the conversation, her odd behavior and clues from previous episodes I think it's unlikely she has just been recruited from the current time.
I can buy that everyone who's come back from the future of a certain age, like Derek, who remember life before judgement day, are familiar with "present" life, but others, like the original Reese from the first Terminator film, should show a little more disorientation and awkwardness when dealing with daily life, technology, etc. Many of them seem way too at ease, not to mention treating time travel like some old road trip.
Old 12-07-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
I enjoyed this last episode immensely. I thought the John/Riley stuff was pointless, and will continue to be for the most part as the show isnt on cable. I really dug the sleuthing cameron. Thought that whole plot between her and the Library cr.. guy was pretty sweet. Nice to see that the machines do indeed make mistakes, and it was cool to see one adapt and have to take a different tack to carry out his mission.
Anyone else get the feeling that Cameron "feels" more than she lets on? There have ben a couple of instnaces where I coulda sworn that it appeared that Cameron was feeling actual emotions, like when she was telling library guy about his cancer returning. I wonder if that might be why Future John spends so much time with her, that he is reprogramming more than just her allegiances. that and screwing her chip out, I'm sure.