Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Redemption -- 2 hour Event -- 11/23/08

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-09, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Finally took this off the DVR
I really liked it. Some nice work by Keifer. It wasn't the epic 24 movie we all hope for, but a nice table-setting for Season 7 (even better than the Toyota ad that served as Season 6's prologue!). I have posted and said that 24 was the TV show hardest hit by the writer's strike, but if it affords that nice set-up, gives an uninterrupted season and make us miss Jack a bit, well then it obviously worked out pretty well for them.

BTW: That trailer for Season 7 got me thinking : How many members of the Robocop cast have appeared on "24"?
Old 01-04-09, 09:11 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JG must be shady, she's gotten too much cameratime in only 17 min.

Jack walked in and looked her way like he recognized her

MLR 100x >>>>> JG btw...
Old 01-04-09, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
BTW: That trailer for Season 7 got me thinking : How many members of the Robocop cast have appeared on "24"?
Hmm, at least 4. Peter Weller, Ray Wise, Kurtwood Smith, and Paul McCrane.

Of course, 24 has had 6 actors from The Shawshank Redemption: Paul McCrane, Bob Gunton, Gil Bellows(if you count 24: Redemption), Mark Rolston, V.J. Foster, and Jude Ciccolella.

Maybe one of these days, they can get Clancy Brown to make an appearance. He's already shown up on Lost.

Edit: Never mind. Robocop has had 6 actors show up on 24. Add Jesse D. Goins and Edward Edwards to the list. I guess they're tied with Shawshank.

Last edited by Doughboy; 01-04-09 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-04-09, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is being repeat tonight. I missed recording it the first time, so I am glad I can catch it tonight.
Old 01-05-09, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: 24: Redemption -- 2 hour Event -- 11/23/08

Had it on DVR, then forgot to finish it.

This... was underwhelming. I couldn't stay with Season 6 for too long (I gave up once Boris the Blade showed up, eventhough I like him). Let's hope Season 7 is different.
Old 01-12-09, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Hmm, at least 4. Peter Weller, Ray Wise, Kurtwood Smith, and Paul McCrane.

Of course, 24 has had 6 actors from The Shawshank Redemption: Paul McCrane, Bob Gunton, Gil Bellows(if you count 24: Redemption), Mark Rolston, V.J. Foster, and Jude Ciccolella.

Maybe one of these days, they can get Clancy Brown to make an appearance. He's already shown up on Lost.

Edit: Never mind. Robocop has had 6 actors show up on 24. Add Jesse D. Goins and Edward Edwards to the list. I guess they're tied with Shawshank.
La Femme Nikita (another Surnow show) has them both beat: Alberta Watson, Colm Feore, Douglas O'Keeffe, Kris Lemche, Carlo Rota, Eugene Robert Glazer and Vince Corazza.
Old 08-20-09, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
So anyone who's seen the DVD, can anyone detail the additional footage?
I realize I'm late to this but I'd like to know what the "24 Minutes of Exclusive Bonus Features" are on the 3rd disc of the Best Buy exclusive 3-disc set. Obviously it contains the digital copy and music video, are but what else is on there?

As a side note, if you pick this up at Blockbuster as part of their "4 for $20" used DVD sale, you only get disc 2.