Heroes -- "I Am Become Death" -- 10.06.2008

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I Am Become Death"

Seeing a future where nearly everyone has abilities, a world destined for destruction, Peter resolves to prevent this earth-shattering end whatever the cost and so takes on a dark, unwieldy ability to save the world gambling (wrong) that it won t destroy him and everything he loves first. After allowing Angela s half of the formula to be stolen, Hiro and Ando set out to uncover the identity of the Villain who hired Daphne and must consult with the person who knows these rogues best Adam Monroe. After the bloodbath at the bank, H.R.G. resolves to get rid of his new partner. Meanwhile, determined to be a hero, Claire hits the road after one of the Villains from H.R.G. s old files. Suresh gives in to impulse. Linderman and Molly return in unexpected manners. A new romance ignites between two Heroes.
Old 10-06-08, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to tonight's episode ... been a nice ride so far
Old 10-06-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler tags > White text

Looking forward to tonight's episode.
Old 10-06-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Spoiler:
Wouldn't peter just heal after he got shot??
Old 10-06-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
Spoiler:
Wouldn't peter just heal after he got shot??
Should. I don't see why not.

And stupid storm warnings are all over my screen and they are shrinking it. Ugh. I may have to finish this later.
Old 10-06-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Spoiler tags > White text

Looking forward to tonight's episode.
I said that last week.
Old 10-06-08, 08:57 PM

Molly doesn't age and apparently Peter can't heal anymore?
Old 10-06-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was a train wreck of an episode. I might just have to put this show on a 4 episode leash after that garbage.

I'm sort of happy to see Adam back, but I'm disappointed they didn't kill at least two characters to make up for putting another one back in play.
Old 10-06-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Future Sylar has all his original Season 1 powers? Sylar going nuclear was pretty cool, but yeah I really hope the writers can make sense of this maze of a storyline that they have created.
Old 10-06-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
This show is quickly becoming "Lost" with a closed-head injury.
Old 10-06-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
The haitian was there. Present Peter just hit him and didnt use his ability. But remember, when he is around no ones powers are working. He was also in the room with Future Peter.

i actually liked this episode.... it was really good. Alittle cluster but its keeping me hyped up of whats to come
Old 10-06-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For me, I think the point of rage came when Gabriel (don't call him Sylar) went the exploding man route. Is that the only damned thing they can do on this show?
Old 10-06-08, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
For me, I think the point of rage came when Gabriel (don't call him Sylar) went the exploding man route. Is that the only damned thing they can do on this show?
They can paint the future. Oh, and time travel too.
Old 10-06-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They'd may as well shoot another couple of seasons and then cancel new production. They can air Heroes: The Remixes for another 10 seasons after that just by jumbling up what they'll have recorded by that point.

Terrible.

ETA: To put it another way, this is Prison Break all over again. The producers have gotten the idea that we liked the first season, so they're just giving us more of the same instead of progressing the show.
Old 10-06-08, 09:34 PM

I was just totally confused and lost.. thank God I DVR it like that I can watch it again
Old 10-06-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
perfect title for this series

"I Am Become Death"

I think I'm done with it
Old 10-06-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Complete Cluster Fuck of an episode.

- The Haitian has the ability to block powers or suspend them (temporarily). Future Peter should've healed as soon as he left the room. Also, we've seen Parkman partially use his ability when he was in close proximity of The Haitian.

- Hiro has to "physically" dig up Adam? WTF?.....really.... WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

- Peter has to "access" Sylar's ability? Didn't he acquire the power in Odessa?

Last edited by candyrocket786; 10-06-08 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-06-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Well, it's official. They are changing the rules and making it all up as they go along. Most of the effects were cool, although the flying stuff left a lot to be desired. I can't wait for My Own Worst Enemy to get here.
Old 10-06-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I said last week. All the heroes can only use their powers when it's convenient for the writers.
Old 10-06-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Well, it's official. They are changing the rules and making it all up as they go along. Most of the effects were cool, although the flying stuff left a lot to be desired. I can't wait for My Own Worst Enemy to get here.
I still love the show but they are definitely making shit up and changing the rules per their convenient.
Old 10-06-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, the pacing is so scatter-shot in an attempt to ramp up the tension, but it just fails to entertain. I really hope they have a decent sized rabbit they'll be pulling out of a hat because these future "possible" storylines continue to lack dramatic weight and consequence. Perhaps the directive to pick up the pace in storytelling (almost in direct contrast to season 2's glacial pace) has resulted in chaotic plot turns that crams far too many plotlines without allowing them to breathe and simmer. So far, we are subjected to episodes being cut together to produce a breakneck pace that doesn't feel natural or enjoyable.
Old 10-06-08, 10:24 PM

A whole lot of WTF!?
Shuresh is a giant roach? heh
Claire trying to be menacing? double heh
Peter can figure out how things work but he doesn't need to open peoples' heads to get their powers, he can just absorb them, so why would he need to become a killer? He wouldn't. Why would he need to try to open up his brother's head? stupid stupid stupid

It was just non-stop nonsense. Stop trying to make it make sense. Clearly the writers have no idea what they're doing. Enjoy it until it's canceled. Kind of loved it.
Old 10-06-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually think the difference between Sylar's power and Peter's is fairly well done. Peter can apply the power. Sylar's power and curse is true understanding.

I still don't buy this shit that they're brothers, btw. That's another thing that really pisses me off -- they seem to be going down some BS road about the prior generation seeding the planet with powered individuals. Really? BS! BS! BS!
Old 10-06-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
While still a mess I think this was the best episode this year.

Although I had some of the same question marks in my head. Peter has his telekinesis and mind reading but couldn't heal his woulds? While Hayden was never a strong actress, her acting was abysmal in this episode. Future Claire was terrible. Is there a new director this season or what?
Old 10-06-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by celmendo
Peter can figure out how things work but he doesn't need to open peoples' heads to get their powers, he can just absorb them, so why would he need to become a killer? He wouldn't. Why would he need to try to open up his brother's head? stupid stupid stupid

It was just non-stop nonsense. Stop trying to make it make sense. Clearly the writers have no idea what they're doing. Enjoy it until it's canceled. Kind of loved it.
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Peter is basically just like Sylar except he doesn't need to kill people to get their power. I want to like this show so bad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.