Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "I Am Become Death" -- 10.06.2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
As was shown Peter couldn't Mimic Sylar's power without Sylar allowing it.
Yeah, but... huh?

I mean, that is what happened, but why would consent be involved? I don't think Peter even saw that Mountain-man guy do anything nuclear and he was still able to recreate the ability.
Old 10-07-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
This show isn't even trying to make sense anymore.....

Wasn't it the Haitian that was buying the stolen part of the formula from the speedster?
And the Haitian is working for Ma Petrelli.....
So WTF with her acting like she didn't know where it is?!?

Sad to keep watching a show out of habit instead of it being any good.
Old 10-07-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrE
I also have a real problem with the two Peters. If you can be in two places at the same time, what's to stop you from being everywhere at once?
Ha! Maybe he'll eventuall pull a Doctor Who - Five Doctors except on an extreme scale. Keep going back in five minute increments and grabbing yourself until you have an army.
Old 10-07-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't mean to join in on the hating for this show but seriously....there isn't a single cylinder firing on this thing right now. The storylines are ridicoulous, and the fact that nobody can die in this thing basically demotes anybodys actions. I wouldn't be suprised if Isaac Mendez magically showed up again shortly.

I'm with the above poster in that I'm basically watching out of habit, if this continues I may soon have the gull to ditch the thing altogether.
Old 10-07-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I don't mean to join in on the hating for this show but seriously....there isn't a single cylinder firing on this thing right now. The storylines are ridicoulous, and the fact that nobody can die in this thing basically demotes anybodys actions. I wouldn't be suprised if Isaac Mendez magically showed up again shortly.

I'm with the above poster in that I'm basically watching out of habit, if this continues I may soon have the gull to ditch the thing altogether.
They do like killing people in the [avoidable] future, though. And don't give the writers any ideas. Peter or Hiro could start travelling back and rescuing people before they get killed and pull them into the future, saving them and retroactively depriving Sylar of powers.
Old 10-07-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I think S1 established that Peter was not "strong enough" to use multiple abilities at once.
Having watched S1 recently, there was a scene in the episode with Future Peter ("Five Years Gone" iirc) where he rescues Ando and Hiro. When he first shows up, he uses his telekinesis while he's invisible on one of the guards. I don't know if that was just lazy writing or hinting that he can use more than one at a time.

Anyway, I only made it about halfway through the episode and I don't really have a desire to watch the second half. That scene where Peter and Future Peter were talking was double-awful. I might be done with this show.
Old 10-07-08, 12:35 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolf359
This show isn't even trying to make sense anymore.....

Wasn't it the Haitian that was buying the stolen part of the formula from the speedster?
And the Haitian is working for Ma Petrelli.....
So WTF with her acting like she didn't know where it is?!?

Sad to keep watching a show out of habit instead of it being any good.
No, the Haitian had half of the formula and was delivering it or picking it up from someone (I don't think we know who). Daphne (the speedster) was working for someone else and went to Berlin to intercept the delivery.
Old 10-07-08, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like many Americans agree about the direction of this show.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/434105561

Heroes (NBC) – Monday 9 p.m.
10/08/07 – Viewers: 10.91 million (#3), A18-49: 5.1/12 (#1)
10/06/08 – Viewers: 8.21 million (#3), A18-49: 3.9/ 9 (#3)
Percent Change – Viewers: -25, A18-49: -24

You can just feel watching this season that the writers, directors and actors are really lost as to the direction of this show. Everything they have thrown at us this season does not make sense in a natural progression of storyline if you go back to Season 1.

Right now, there are really no true Heroes that we can get behind. Even Sylar/Gabriel is not a fun character to root for. And I'm afraid that the creative/writing talent may not be strong enough to right this ship as Lost has been mostly able to do after its first season.

It has become a chore to watch this every week and that is pretty sad.

Chris
Old 10-07-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolf359
They haven't revealed who Daphne's working for. The Haitian was just moving the other half of the formula.

...although I agree with pretty much everyone here that this show's so dumb that it's not worth trying to make sense of it.
Old 10-07-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Considering that Hiro teleported Adam out of the The Company Vault and in the next scene we see him buried, I figured he must have teleported Adam in the coffin at the end of S2.
I think the answer is simpler than that. He can pause time, but still affect the world around him. All he had to do was freeze time, dig the hole, build/buy/steal a coffin, bring it around, open it up, put Adam in, close the coffin, drop the coffin in the hole, fill the hole, and then unfreeze time.

Simple. He doesn't have to teleport 2 bodies into an already closed and buried coffin and just teleport himself out.
Old 10-07-08, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back. Ep 2 was light years better than this one. Actually gave me hope for the direction just to have it dashed by a bunch of "possible future" nonsense.

It really is too bad they deal with time travel and predictions so much. Would be a much better show if it was grounded on a fixed timeline.

Not giving up yet, but not excited for the next installments.

When do Lost and BSG start again?
Old 10-07-08, 01:16 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I thought it was decent

But still...so many people continue to bad-mouth the show yet tune in week after week after week and post. Why? If it sucks so much just drop the show from your DVR. It's entertaining...I don't want to disect it each week. Just let me mind go.
Old 10-07-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Maya, while utterly pointless, is pretty damn hot! The chance of seeing more impressive cleavage will keep me tuned in for a little while longer.
Old 10-07-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
When did Sylar get the ability to do the spirit painting? He must have killed the black guy? Since Grunberg is still alive.
Old 10-07-08, 01:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
When did Sylar get the ability to do the spirit painting? He must have killed the black guy? Since Grunberg is still alive.
Did you miss season 1?
Old 10-07-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ I took that as him using Isaac's power, not Parkman's spirit guide.
Old 10-07-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Did you miss season 1?

oooh.
Old 10-07-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242

Yeah..I thought he was doing the spirit painting power....not Isaac's power....
Old 10-07-08, 01:27 PM

I believe Lost should be back in February (13 straight episodes) ending during May sweeps.

Chris
Old 10-07-08, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Maya, while utterly pointless, is pretty damn hot! The chance of seeing more impressive cleavage will keep me tuned in for a little while longer.
She is very damn hot! But, her character has become more Americanized this season compared with last season. Even most of her 'Spanish' accent is gone.

Chris
Old 10-07-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, was Maya holding out on her cleavage last season, or did she get a boost over the summer?
Old 10-07-08, 01:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I believe Lost should be back in February (13 straight episodes) ending during May sweeps.

Chris
Season 5 is 17 episodes long... (though I don't know if they will be 17 straight weeks)
Old 10-07-08, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the 4 years in the future part, who was sylar married to, we saw the Kid named "Noah" which led me to beleive he was married to Claire.
Old 10-07-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kiddk1
In the 4 years in the future part, who was sylar married to, we saw the Kid named "Noah" which led me to beleive he was married to Claire.
Nah, when Molly said Peter was in Costa Verde, Claire said "Sylar" and we know he prefers "Gabriel" now.

I just took it as a homage to Noah Bennett whom he had obviously became good friends with - enough to take the house and Mr. Muggles. Even the glasses.

It may be Claire's kid (maybe not even Sylar's), but I doubt they're married. Did he have a ring on?
Old 10-07-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I thought it was decent

But still...so many people continue to bad-mouth the show yet tune in week after week after week and post. Why? If it sucks so much just drop the show from your DVR. It's entertaining...I don't want to disect it each week. Just let me mind go.
I actually enjoy the show, but I have fun nitpicking a bit as well.

Originally Posted by pinata242
Yeah, I think it was Isaac's future-painting power, which Sylar gained in season 1 and then lost along with [almost] all of his other abilities in season 2 when he got the virus. Apparently sometime in the future he must get some other virus or something which gives him that power (and the exploding man power) back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.