TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "I Am Become Death" -- 10.06.2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 10:51 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Future Claire's wig was terrible.
Fixed.

And I hated the Jackie O glasses on whateverwecallhernow.

Other than a few hang-ups that have already been mentioned, I still enjoyed the show.
Old 10-06-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Last week was a step or two forward and this week was several steps back.

Blah.
Old 10-06-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Complete Cluster Fuck of an episode.

- The Haitian has the ability to block powers or suspend them (temporarily). Future Peter should've healed as soon as he left the room. Also, we've seen Parkman partially use his ability when he was in close proximity of The Haitian.

- Hiro has to "physically" dig up Adam? WTF?.....really.... WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

- Peter has to "access" Sylar's ability? Didn't he acquire the power in Odessa?
1. The Haitian blocked all the powers from working when Peter was initially killed. As we saw in the first season when Claire had a huge shard of glass in her head (or was it Peter?), the healing didn't resume until the shard was removed. She also mentioned when facing him in the Bennett house at the end that one bullet to the head should finish him. So its possible they shot him in the head and there is a bullet lodged in there preventing him from coming back to life.

2. How else would Hiro get Adam out? Presumably he's the only one who even knows where Adam is, and he has no abilities to help get him out other than digging.

3. He had the power, he just didn't know how it worked/how to use it. Sylar had to teach him it. Though the teaching part was pretty lame, but the concept of having to learn it was what was supposed to be emphasized there.
Old 10-06-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Agreed that this is getting lame.

At least go to see the nuclear powers again; for such a big plot device in the first season, they were sure dropped quickly. And since Peter never had Sylar's powers (or the ability to use them) he couldn't have used them to master the nuking ability.

Wonder how Sylar got all of his first season powers back... Isaac's painting, Ted's boom-boom... the thing about this show is it's hard to tell if the writers are trying to drop clues, or if they just don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Mohinder is Roach-Man... which means he can't be killed by anything, even a nuclear explosion. Looks he'll be around for quite awhile.

And all of this time travel stuff is getting annoying. Whenever someone goes into the future or past, it seems like it creates some kind of alternate timeline or something. This is getting as bad as the X-Men. I expect Cable to show up in the next couple of episodes...
Old 10-06-08, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been patient. Reading the threads with a lot of your criticisms of last season and this season so far and I just didn't feel like I was ready to give up because the show still entertained me.

But I have to agree with some of the words used to describe this episode like clusterfuck and train wreck. I just thought this was ridiculous and horrible and half the time I had no idea what was going on or what the point was.

The only good news, if this doesn't get better quickly, is that I will be selling seasons 1 and 2 and there will be one less show to collect on dvd.

I can't believe how far this show has fallen. I look forward to the Sarah Conner Chronicles now like I used to for Heroes. And Sarah will get the axe and Heroes will go on.
Old 10-07-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Wow I am speechless, this show has gotten sooooo lame. They don't know what direction they want to go. Too many characters, and they don't know what to do with them.

I can't believe how far this show has fallen.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 10-07-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Hmmm....I thought it was the best episode since season 1. I guess people just need to hate on everything.
Old 10-07-08, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by johnnysd
I guess people just need to hate on everything.
Nice cop out answer. If you would actually read the gripes people have posted, you will see that there are some valid gripes to be made about this show. Its not about "hating on everything"
Old 10-07-08, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I actually like it for the most part. I agree with the problems mentioned though. Still thought it was a good show. I'm not looking forward to the next as much but I'm still in to the end.

If I had to guess I would say the show is still suffering from the strike. They probably had all there ideas out and are not trying to make things fit.

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
Old 10-07-08, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The title did fit the show. Either the writers are really brilliant or really dumb. I'm leaning towards dumb unlike Lost.
Old 10-07-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I actually like it for the most part. I agree with the problems mentioned though.
That's how I felt. Still lots of problems and inconsistencies but overall probably the best episode this year, if not since season one.
Old 10-07-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While still a mess I think this was the best episode this year.

Although I had some of the same question marks in my head. Peter has his telekinesis and mind reading but couldn't heal his woulds? While Hayden was never a strong actress, her acting was abysmal in this episode. Future Claire was terrible. Is there a new director this season or what?
I thought the show established at the end of season 1 that Peter can only use one power at a time - isn't that why Nathan had to fly him away from New York when he was going to explode?
Old 10-07-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It left me with a WTF feeling at the end, but that's why I liked season 1 so much personally. I didn't really know what was coming next. I am entertained a helleva lot more than seaosn 2 this year, that is for sure.
Old 10-07-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! I didn't watch last night episode and I'm really surprised by all the reactions.
Too good that I chose to go to bed early. But I will watch it today in the afternoon to join you guys.
Old 10-07-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeraden
1. The Haitian blocked all the powers from working when Peter was initially killed. As we saw in the first season when Claire had a huge shard of glass in her head (or was it Peter?), the healing didn't resume until the shard was removed. She also mentioned when facing him in the Bennett house at the end that one bullet to the head should finish him. So its possible they shot him in the head and there is a bullet lodged in there preventing him from coming back to life.
Fine. I guess we could assume he took one to the head.

2. How else would Hiro get Adam out? Presumably he's the only one who even knows where Adam is, and he has no abilities to help get him out other than digging.
Considering that Hiro teleported Adam out of the The Company Vault and in the next scene we see him buried, I figured he must have teleported Adam in the coffin at the end of S2.

3. He had the power, he just didn't know how it worked/how to use it. Sylar had to teach him it. Though the teaching part was pretty lame, but the concept of having to learn it was what was supposed to be emphasized there.
I don't see what makes Sylar ability different from the others, so accessing it should be the same . Peter's need to learn Sylar's power pretty much conflicts with "his own" learning method (from S1) that he figured out by training with Claude on the rooftops. Peter figured out that if he focused on someone with an acquired ability, he could access it for his own purpose.

Now that I think about it, if he only focused on Sylar, why didn't he access all of his "acquired abilities" at once?

God Damn... This show really is a MIND FUCK.
Old 10-07-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by DGibFen
I thought the show established at the end of season 1 that Peter can only use one power at a time - isn't that why Nathan had to fly him away from New York when he was going to explode?
Ahh... I don't recall that being established or not, but that is a good theory. Unfortunately in this episode he was using telekinesis to hold Nathan against the wall and read his mind though, did he not?
Old 10-07-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I still don't buy this shit that they're brothers, btw. That's another thing that really pisses me off -- they seem to be going down some BS road about the prior generation seeding the planet with powered individuals. Really? BS! BS! BS!
It sounds like the writers are going back and rewriting the origin for this series (SW Prequel Style)

I hate the whole family tree bullshit. It seems like it gets larger and more complex with each season.

I hate that Sylar is now a "Hero" with a severe mental deficiency. S1 + S2 established that he was a cold-blooded killer hell-bent on acquiring powers to become "Truly Unique".

At first, we were led to believe that humans were evolving to develop certain abilities of flight, strength, speed and regeneration.

Now we are going with the whole "bioweapon" route that certain humans were engineered with abilities, while others are born with them.
Old 10-07-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ahh... I don't recall that being established or not, but that is a good theory. Unfortunately in this episode he was using telekinesis to hold Nathan against the wall and read his mind though, did he not?
I think S1 established that Peter was not "strong enough" to use multiple abilities at once.
Old 10-07-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm surprised that more people don't understand the difference between Peter's and Gabriele's powers. Peter is Mimic for lack of a better term, he just instinctively knows how to use others powers. Sylar has to "understand" how powers work to use them, he has "thirst" or hunger to understand how things work. Peter needed Sylar's power for understanding things and with that comes the hunger.

I really liked this episode, I enjoy the future stuff.
Old 10-07-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I think everyone understands the difference. I just don't see why Peter getting "the hunger" would lead to him cutting open skulls since he doesn't have to. I would think the more realistic thing to happen would be Peter wasting time trying to come across new abilities - maybe joining the Company to help him in that regard.
Old 10-07-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He only attempted to open on skull and that wasn't for a power, he was trying to figure out why Nathan was thinking the way he was.
Old 10-07-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm surprised that more people don't understand the difference between Peter's and Gabriele's powers. Peter is Mimic for lack of a better term, he just instinctively knows how to use others powers. Sylar has to "understand" how powers work to use them, he has "thirst" or hunger to understand how things work. Peter needed Sylar's power for understanding things and with that comes the hunger.

I really liked this episode, I enjoy the future stuff.
Then he should've "instinctively" known how to use Sylar's power prior to this episode. Hell, I assumed Peter was using Sylar's ability to keep all of his other powers in-check so he wouldn't go nuclear again.
Old 10-07-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As was shown Peter couldn't Mimic Sylar's power without Sylar allowing it.
Old 10-07-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
As was shown Peter couldn't Mimic Sylar's power without Sylar allowing it.
I some how have a problem believing this occurred during their first encounter in Odessa. Sylar had no clue that Peter was a Human Sponge and therefore had no reason to hide/block his own ability.
Old 10-07-08, 11:14 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since Matt went into his trance before we saw "4 years in the future", were all those developments what he was seeing?

I also have a real problem with the two Peters. If you can be in two places at the same time, what's to stop you from being everywhere at once?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.