Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser: Families Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHAT?? COLEEN IS GONE?? SHE WAS THE BEST! God, I hate Vicky.
Old 12-03-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
It was interesting during the previews for next week that it said

Spoiler:
America will be choosing the third finalist. Hopefully that will give the attention hogs some worry. However, Vicky probably thinks she's America's sweetheart.
Old 12-09-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would be awesome if Vicki makes the finals and gets booed during the weighin of the live finale.. Man, she is truly hard to look at..

Go Michelle!
Old 12-09-08, 09:36 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leeta
It was interesting during the previews for next week that it said

Spoiler:
America will be choosing the third finalist. Hopefully that will give the attention hogs some worry. However, Vicky probably thinks she's America's sweetheart.
The good news about that is hopefully it means
Spoiler:
Michelle is guaranteed a spot in the final three, because if it's the three blue team members left I have no interest in watching past the runner-up prize.
Old 12-09-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't checked those spoilers but it probably has to do with Vicky losing out on the final 3 if it comes down to the new twist.
Old 12-09-08, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone else think Jillian kind of has the hots for Michelle?
Old 12-09-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^When I first saw Jillian, I thought she might be a lesbien. I don't really know if she is.

Some people still think Bob is straight.
Old 12-09-08, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Doesn't she get that way with one of her female team members every seaon.? But I wouldn't blame her, for Michelle is a cutie. She's going to looking so freaking awesome at the finale and she's going to win it all. Heba may think she's going to end up being the Biggest Loser, but my money is on Michelle.
Old 12-10-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Compared to the hard on Jillian had for Allie and Brittany, this is nothing. I fucking hate that Vicky is in the final and liked that Bob sort of called her out early on in this ep...however he bought her line of bull about being a changed person, even though she said it all with her shit eating grin. She hasn't changed one bit, she just realized it was worth it to LIE so that Bob would get off her back.

I hate most of the blue team, so I'm rooting for Michelle... I also voted for ED to be in the final - because Heba's video where she said America should vote for her because Ed will step aside because she wants it more, just PISSED ME OFF. Arrogant and rude. I also think Michelle can kick Ed's Yo-Yo'ing ass.
Old 12-10-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I hate most of the blue team, so I'm rooting for Michelle... I also voted for ED to be in the final - because Heba's video where she said America should vote for her because Ed will step aside because she wants it more, just PISSED ME OFF. Arrogant and rude. I also think Michelle can kick Ed's Yo-Yo'ing ass.
I'm torn on this. I want Ed to win because Heba came off like a gigantic bitch in her plea to America, so I want her dreams squashed. If anything she has had to work less than everyone else, because it's understood that the more weight you have to loose, the quicker the pounds will fall off. Michelle and Vicky both are under 200 now, which makes dropping pounds a much more difficult proposition. On the other hand I think Michelle has the best chance of winning against Vicky and Heba. On his own Ed isn't really all that serious, but if he has Heba riding him while they're home, he could win.

I absolutely hate the blue team this year too, and because of that I hate Bob this year.
Old 12-10-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts
I'm bummed (and I bet NBC is bummed) that both Ed and Heba fell below. It makes the voting a lot less interesting. Of course, I wanted to see Vicki below, because she would be gone if so.

If it is just the women (and I think Heba will win the vote) then Michelle seems like the clear favorite. She and Vicki entered at almost the same weight, somewhere in the 240s, so she just has to beat Vicki's weight, and that should be fairly easy. Heba came in at I think 290, so she needs to beat Heba by 25 pounds or so, and that also seems likely.
Old 12-11-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
I casted every damn one of my votes ... and many more ... for Ed. I don't dislike Ed & Heba in the way that I dislike Vicky -- they aren't as conniving, but some of it has worn off on them. Honestly, the person who should be the most pissed was the lady that Ed beat out to come back into the house ... just so he could piss away somebody else's golden opportunity.

I don't think anybody stands a chance against Michelle. Vicky is too locked into the game and will NOT be able to go home and keep playing it. Ed & Heba have eachother for support, but they just have not shown the consistency needed (although they did win the meal plan).
Old 12-16-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully Michelle will pull it off tonight. Ideally, Colleen would win the $100K, but I have little hope of that happening. Probably one of the men who had a lot to lose will take the second prize.
Old 12-16-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

YAY Michelle!!!

It was funny that America OVERWHELMINGLY voted for Ed to be in the final three. That blatant snub of Ed and Heba's wishes should be a message to the "power alliance."

at Vicky almost taking a tumble when she walked out on stage.
Old 12-16-08, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I casted every damn one of my votes ... and many more ... for Ed. ).

You (and America) just cost Heba 150 grand. Heba (46.9%) Michelle (45.5%) Thank You! She's gotta be ticked Gotta give her props though for I didn't think she would end up with a bigger percentage of weight loss than Michelle.

Michelle looked fantastic. Way to go. I was rooting for her and Colleen from the beginning. I was surpised that Colleen wasn't able to put up a bigger number than she did, even her Dad beat her out. His story was inspiring.

A couple of pairs that looked really good were Phillip & Amy and Shellay & Amy.

Next season's preview clip: that 19 year old tipping the scale at 471lbs I hope he's able to stick around at the ranch for a long time, for that boy needs some serious help
Old 12-16-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Congratulations Vicky, not only are you not the Biggest Loser but you are not the mother of the year either. Although, maybe her kids are better off at not seeing her every night because she is such a biotch.
Old 12-17-08, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm so glad Michelle won. Most of all the contestants look very pretty/handsome except for Vicky, who fat or thin is still a bad person.
Old 12-17-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad Michelle won and wasn't surprised that America voted for ED - it was Heba's arrogant video that sealed the deal. I was blown away with how great Jerry, Phil and Amy looked - just incredible.
Old 12-17-08, 09:43 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
wasn't surprised that America voted for ED - it was Heba's arrogant video that sealed the deal.
Yeah, there was a condescending tone to her video... instead of pleading for her case she ended up sounding like 'don't be an idiot and vote for my husband'. And that tone continued into this finale.

This season has had the biggest number of wow transformations yet. Philip looked like a completely different person, and his wife looked amazing. Shellay... I never would have thought she had ever been overweight. And Amy C looked hot, but I always thought she was a naturally pretty girl and knew that if she dropped the weight she would be a knockout. Jerry surprised me, when he was booted I worried he was one of those contestants that would lose *some* weight at home, but nothing dramatic. I'm glad he proved me wrong.

And of course Michelle... great job and I'm thrilled Jillian won again. For whatever reason Bob's teams always seem to be the 'bad guys' to me, and I'm glad to see the good guys pull through in the end.

Even Vicky's transformation was impressive, but I get the feeling now that the show is over and the motivation for the money no longer a factor, she'll gradually slide back to her old ways, at least partially.
Old 12-17-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts
I found Vicki to be way more likable in the finale (I still don't like her, but she a far more sympathetic character). I also liked Ed more after finding out he was a chef (I'm sure they said it before, but I had missed it); dunno why, other than I am a fan of fine food.

Glad Michelle won, and I was pretty sure she would. From the looks of it, Alison (host) seemed genuinely happy that Michelle won, which was cool.

Phil, Shellay and both Amys also pulled off tremendous transformations. Was really surprised by Shellay's. Was a little disappointed in Colleen, I think she would have lost a lot more had she stayed on campus.
Old 12-17-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope Heba can take that $100K and invest in a good bra. Her boobs were almost down to her knees.
Old 12-17-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I hope Heba can take that $100K and invest in a good bra. Her boobs were almost down to her knees.
It's too true. My wife kept saying that even though she hates her, she looks beautiful. All I could do was try to figure out how someone let her walk out on stage looking like that. And you know that as soon as it was over, Ed was like, "So, you wanna grab a pizza?"

We were disappointed that Heba won any money, but thrilled that Michelle beat Vicky. When Heba came out for the first time and slipped, I prayed that Vicky would eat it on the way out. I couldn't believe my eyes when it was almost happening. Damn you, Bob!
Old 12-17-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
Was a little disappointed in Colleen, I think she would have lost a lot more had she stayed on campus.
When Coleen first came out, I thought maybe she had been knocked up since the show...
Old 12-17-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Coleen looked good, but that was not a flattering outfit. She obviously still has a little bit of weight to lose but she was wearing a teeny tiny dress that would only look good on a very skinny girl. I wished she would have chosen something a little more modest, that was maybe looser around the tummy.

Shellay looked so thin, I wondered if she maybe lost too much.
Old 12-17-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
You (and America) just cost Heba 150 grand. Heba (46.9%) Michelle (45.5%) Thank You! She's gotta be ticked Gotta give her props though for I didn't think she would end up with a bigger percentage of weight loss than Michelle.
Not only that, but I believe Michelle wasn't even the 2nd biggest loser in percentage. She was 4th. Both Phil and his wife beat her, which I think might be the first time the "biggest loser" winner wasn't actually the biggest loser.........or even in the top three.

I was hoping it wouldn't just cost Heba 150k but the full 250k.
I was hoping she would beat the final three, be the 4th voted out, but have someone beat her for the 100k.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.