Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica - Revelations

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They weren't sad. They were just posing for a U2 cover.
Old 06-13-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Great episode...it's going to be a long wait til 2009
Old 06-13-08, 10:24 PM

Honestly this episode struck me as one big pile of meh. Lot's of things happened, but all those things that should have had real dramatic weight were sort of rushed through. Except before and after the last jump where it was just talk, stall, blah blah, jump, yay, whoo, jump on table and take off clothes.
Old 06-13-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it.

At least they don't need to learn baseball.
Old 06-13-08, 10:51 PM

my guess is it's not really earth. a ruined civilization would not explain kara's return from the dead.

would have considered believing it if it was the series finale, but they have ~10 episodes left, they have to be doing something.
Old 06-13-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Wow. I liked that, a LOT.
Old 06-13-08, 11:07 PM

So was that what was left of the Brooklyn bridge facing a destroyed New York?

Looks like they find earth waaaaaaay into the future.
Old 06-13-08, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a complete waste after the build up from the above post.
Old 06-13-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed it but I didn't "feel" it.

The 4 cylons are outed publicly and they are just roaming around the ship like everything is fine because Lee shook DeAnna's hand? C'mon!

I just wonder what 'device' the writers are going to use for the Final Cylon.

Is it a cylon that has been there the entire time, GETTING the same signals as the others but there is no camera in their face to show us?

Or is this final cylon one still in the dark and they don't even know they are a cylon yet?

DeAnna did correct when someone said final five, she said "No, there are only 4 in the fleet." We supposed to take her at her word?
Old 06-13-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I gotta admit, I didn't see the Planet of the Apes ending coming.

D
Old 06-13-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
What's the big deal? That was obviously a normal day in Cleveland.
Old 06-13-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They landed in Jersey?
Old 06-13-08, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats
They landed in Jersey?
Looks like Brooklyn. Plenty of famous shots from that angle with the Brooklyn Bridge in front with Manhattan in the background. Just picture it destroyed (or aged thousands of years)
Old 06-13-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
They were at the temple from adamas book....not the brooklyn bridge

I love it when someone lands on a large planet and gets dissapointed from seeing a square mile

GO TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!
Old 06-14-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jersey? Taken. Cleveland? Taken. Hmm ... looks like they landed in Detroit!

This was probably the best episode of the season, but most of it fell flat for me. I just have no emotional connection to any of it anymore. And Herc's FAQ is overhyped nonsense. Boomer shooting Adama, leaping forward in the story, and finding out 4 more Cylons in the fleet were not only interesting developments but very unexpected. Is there anyone who really thought there'd be a big welcoming party of present-day Earthers hanging around waiting for visitors? I think most people expected either a post-apocalyptic Earth or a pre-civilization Earth, so this is just the natural progression. What happens next is what we're waiting for or at least how it happens. What was better about this episode wasn't the not-so-shocking reveal but finally getting some decent character interaction again, which is what made the series interesting in the first place. Good to hear from the Q&A that Moore may have finally figured that out.

das
Old 06-14-08, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was probably the best episode of the season, but most of it fell flat for me. I just have no emotional connection to any of it anymore.
True that. The season's been such a letdown that even big episodes like this barely tweak.

As for Herc's "FAQ", the doofs at AICN are a bunch of hollywood whores.
Old 06-14-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I definitely felt for the characters at this "ending," but I agree that a lot of the plot has been moving along without the strong emotional connection or purposefulness that existed in the past seasons. Or maybe it is just more transparent now, because they've had to accelerate things to bring the series to a close. I can't say I've felt nothing, but Lee's promotion to president felt somewhat forced and only necessary for the first part of tonight's episode. I understand certain things need to be moved into place in order for things to happen a certain way and still feel right according to the all characters' motivations, but the last few episodes felt a little rushed.

That being said: Holy shit, I can't wait until next year. I had a feeling (without reading any spoilers at all) that finding Earth wouldn't be the "End," but they did a great job of getting me pumped up and then dropping the hammer on my head at the very end, just like the end of Season 2. "They have a plan" can definitely be applied to the writers as well; I can feel, more than with any other series, that they know what they are doing, and while it may not always be perfect, it has momentum towards an end goal, and that makes me excited.
Old 06-14-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was hoping for pre-historic, but am fine with this development. Since "this has all happened before", it may very well be both pre-historic and post-apocalyptic. I believe there's no deeper meaning here, though. It's just simply the remnants of the 13th tribe. I wonder if we offed ourselves or the Cylons did it for us.

Was I the only one who thought the "possible series ender" was the shot of them in orbit and the bit on the surface was put on after they knew it would get picked up for the back 10?
Old 06-14-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It will be interesting to see if they come across any inhabitants on earth. BTW what the hell was Kara burning in the preview for next season? Anybody get a good look?
Old 06-14-08, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
So was that what was left of the Brooklyn bridge facing a destroyed New York?

Looks like they find earth waaaaaaay into the future.
I dunno about that, with the quadroupled gas and smoke prices. The future isn't looking bright for the US. The dollar has been falling for quite a while. We get loans from the Chinese and in turn buy tons of Chinese products. I'm not too enthused about this countries future. We went to war in one of the most Oil Rich countries and supposedly took over, yet we're paying 4+ $ a gallon. Not a crazy conspiracy theorist, just trying to bring some facts to the table. The US is on the downward curve of a bell curve IMO, and many others I've spoken to.

Oh, and I still think Dee is the last cylon.

Last edited by Chaza; 06-14-08 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-14-08, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
They should cheer up. It seems as though they just landed in New Jersey.
Not far off. In that final pan shot, we saw the rotting remains of the Brooklyn Bridge. They are clearly on a post-nuked Earth.
Old 06-14-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Chaza
I dunno about that, with the quadroupled gas and smoke prices. The future isn't looking bright for the US. The dollar has been falling for quite a while. We get loans from the Chinese and in turn buy tons of Chinese products. I'm not too enthused about this countries future. We went to war in one of the most Oil Rich countries and supposedly took over, yet we're paying 4+ $ a gallon. Not a crazy conspiracy theorist, just trying to bring some facts to the table. The US is on the downward curve of a bell curve IMO, and many others I've spoken to.

Oh, and I still think Dee is the last cylon.
GDI, can I be spared negative Democrat talking points at least HERE?
Old 06-14-08, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Traxan
GDI, can I be spared negative Democrat talking points at least HERE?
Seriously. What the fuck does all that have to do with the episode? Save it for the Politics Forum if you have such a hard on.
Old 06-14-08, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

True.

The end, for me, is fitting, if one considers Earth to have been an abandoned planet in the far-flung past.
Old 06-14-08, 05:19 AM

I think that that episode more than made up for the weaker episodes this season. Just that last 5 minutes alone.

I was hoping that they weren't going to do a "it was all a dream" type thing and part of me thought I'd see a Cylon Statue of Liberty or something.

I have no idea where this show is going - the same with Lost. I have no idea where they're going, and that is very exciting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.