TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NORTH SHORE - a Belated Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 12:04 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
NORTH SHORE - a Belated Review

SPOILERS

Like many here, with the shortened TV season, i've been looking for past TV shows i've never seen before to watch.

North Shore was one show i decided to check out. Seemed like a nice brainless 'pretty people' show to watch.

I did enjoy watching the show, but can see very clearly why it got cancelled. The performances and writing was inconsistent to say the least.

Very strong cast on paper, James Remar, Brooke Burns, Shannon Doherty, Ronan from SGA, two OC alumni, but they just weren't given much to work with. Just noticed that the guy who played Jason is Tim on Miss Guided, so that's a reunion with Brooke Burns ! weird !

And what's with Brooke Burns who looked smoking hot the 2 times she was in a bikini only being in a bikini twice in 21 episodes !

James Remar was wasted. The biggest plot inconsistency was Tessa who was the reason Vincent lost the hotel to Walter Booth being treated normally by Jason, Nicole and Frankie after only an episode. Hell jason was kissing her soon after ! after the biggest betrayal !

The unaired episode, i thought was shaping upto be a Pacific Palisades type ' wrap all the storylines and make it happily ever after' episode ended with Jason being killed ! oh well, i guess that would have been the cliffhanger

There were some stunning bikini highlights. Leighton Meeister and Tyra from FNL in bikinis being the best. No shortage of eye candy.
Old 05-27-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was happy to see Delta Goodrem on a couple episodes of this show when MJ was trying to do her singing thang.
Old 05-27-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I was happy to see Delta Goodrem on a couple episodes of this show when MJ was trying to do her singing thang.
And I thought I was the only Delta Goodrem fan in the United States Great singer and very easy on the eyes. Bought her 1st CD when I was in Sydney 5 years ago and became an instant fan. I'm surprised she didn't transition to the States.

As for North Shore, I liked it as a summer series. I believe FOX ordered 13 episodes, but then they decided to extend it into the fall for 9 more episodes and it quickly crashed and burned.
Old 05-27-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yay, another Delta Goodrem fan. It is weird that she never got the promotional push in the US, but I can sort of see why her health might prevent her from heavy-duty touring in the US for such tours. I am hoping to check out her 3rd album one of these days.

Last edited by Patman; 05-27-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-27-08, 06:41 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Delta was cool, it definitely went downhill when Shannon Doherty became the villian

Vincent v Walter Booth was much better