Reload this Page >

Survivor Fans v. Favorites WED 3/19/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-19-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Don't forget Survivor is on the next two Wednesdays because of March Madness.

Tonight's episode...

Spoiler:
One castaway leaves the game prematurely and another one is voted out at tribal council; the romance between Amanda and Ozzy heats up; a bond develops between an eager fan and a willing favorite; and one player tricks a person who fears water by taking him or her on a long boat ride in the middle of the water.

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 03-19-08 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-19-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Can they drop the "fans vs favorites" now? The teams are merged.
Old 03-19-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we sure this is a new episode? Doesn't the preview usually say something about "1 person is voted off"?
Old 03-19-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Can they drop the "fans vs favorites" now? The teams are merged.
And when the real merger comes and there are no fans left they can just call it Survivor: Our Plan Didn't Really Work.

I do think that Malakal is stronger without Chet but I think immunity will go to Airai unless its a challenge in which Ozzie can dominate. If Malakal goes to tribal then I can see anyone getting the hook. I can imagine Cirie screwing over Ozzie and Amanda and making a play to lose Ozzie. I can also see Ami sticking with the favorites and voting out Erik.

If Airai loses then its pretty clear that Kathy will go since she is far and away the weakest link on that tribe.
Old 03-19-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for getting the thread started. Totally forgot this was on tonight. Thanks god the DVR didn't...
Old 03-19-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although it's too early in the game to get rid of Oz for "threat" reasons, I wouldn't mind that much if they dumped him out of fear that he'd win. But this whole inferiority complex nonsense is incredibly unbecoming. He gets food for everyone, tears the shit out of the challenges, has buckled both times Cirie demanded the wrong person be voted out like a spoiled child, and doesn't complain when his useless tribemates ruin everything. What a bunch of babies.

das
Old 03-19-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts
You can't be away from your family for 3 weeks? Are you kidding me? Why the fuck would you sign up for this then? People are really annoying.
Old 03-19-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Damn, I'm going to miss those headlights (o)(o)
Old 03-19-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So how did it all flip and Tracy get the votes? I'm glad shes gone. I'm in awe of Ozzie...the man deserves to win, which is exactly why he wont, but damn, I didnt want Tracy of all people to be the one to take credit for his ouster.
Old 03-19-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
I really didn't think Traci would be voted out, I didn't think Ami would flip.
Old 03-19-08, 09:56 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why is it every time some has a plan going into tribal, like flipping on someone. They wuss out, what a bunch of pansies.
Old 03-19-08, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
Why is it every time some has a plan going into tribal, like flipping on someone. They wuss out, what a bunch of pansies.
I know, very annoying. Editing probably has a bit to do with it, making it look more likely than it actually is.

Why aren't they talking about Cirie at all? Doesn't anybody realize she's running the show now?

And WTF is with this group of "fans"? Could they have found a worse group to represent us? Kind of insulting that they consider these types the true fans of the show.
Old 03-19-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts
It wasn't a wuss out. If Amanda wasn't willing to betray Ozzy and vote out Erik (and clearly she wasn't) the best they could hope was a 3-3. Why should Ami stick her neck that far out for Tracy? Ozzy would definitely win a fire starting tie breaker (if that's what they did). In that case Tracy would go home anyway, and Ami would probably be next on the chopping block. Better to bide her time and wait for the merge.
Old 03-19-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Chet and Kathy have to be the biggest wastes of space in Survivor history.
Old 03-19-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Chet and Kathy have to be the biggest wastes of space in Survivor history.
I wouldn't go that far with Kathy. At the very least Osten deserves that title over her.
Old 03-19-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't fathom anyone taking the title of Biggest Loser in Survivor history from Osten.
Old 03-19-08, 11:52 PM

Yeah Osten is still the worst quitter.

With 7 girls and 4 guys left, it'll be pretty sad if a guy wins Survivor again.
Old 03-20-08, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Although it's too early in the game to get rid of Oz for "threat" reasons, I wouldn't mind that much if they dumped him out of fear that he'd win. But this whole inferiority complex nonsense is incredibly unbecoming. He gets food for everyone, tears the shit out of the challenges, has buckled both times Cirie demanded the wrong person be voted out like a spoiled child, and doesn't complain when his useless tribemates ruin everything. What a bunch of babies.

das
I think they're too lazy or too stupid to get food for themselves (even as he tries to teach poor ole starstruck Erik to gather coconuts) and decide they need the OzMan too badly to get rid of him. The irony is that they're losing the immunity challenges anyway and Oz still has the idol up his sleeve. When the merge happens, he's going to continue to tear up the challenges...only now he'll be playing for individual immunity.

Oz is one of the coolest customers ever to play the game. He reminds me of a cross between Johnny Depp & Brad Pitt (physical appearance). Also well-spoken and intelligent. Casting directors take note!

Oh, no...I'm beginning to display a man-crush for Ozzy!!
Old 03-20-08, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Oz is one of the coolest customers ever to play the game. He reminds me of a cross between Johnny Depp & Brad Pitt (physical appearance). Also well-spoken and intelligent. Casting directors take note!

Oh, no...I'm beginning to display a man-crush for Ozzy!!
I think the Playboy sex stuff he did in the past probably hurts his chances on having a mainstream career. Plus, he's a Survivor contestant. I doubt we'll ever see a working actor more famous than Penner.
Old 03-20-08, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
And WTF is with this group of "fans"? Could they have found a worse group to represent us? Kind of insulting that they consider these types the true fans of the show.
Whoever cast these "fans" should be fired. Though Tracy is by far the best of them, and actually played like someone who watched the show and thought about how to do things. Her mistake was her Day 1 alliance with Chet and Kathy.
Old 03-20-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeez, that is three "Survivors" that have quit so far this season. Fairplay, Chet and Kathy. I'll give Fairplay a break since the only reason he was on the show was so CBS could promote him being there. Chet and Kathy are such wastes. It sucks that there are thousands of people trying to get on this show and they pick two quitters. After seeing Penner gut his way through a challenge and try to continue the game on a bad knee, how could those two quit so easily? I hope Penner rips into both of them at the reunion show. They'll all be sitting next to each other after all.

Anyone notice when they showed the lightning storm at the Airai camp followed by Eliza's face? Reminded me of the girl from the ring.

Ozzy had a pretty damn good time at that reward. No wonder he has a huge ego, women are willing to get naked in the shower with him on national TV. Funny how last season Amanda's top came off during a challenge and her first reaction was "my mom will kill me". I bet Ozzy was wishing he didn't send Tracy to exile island instead of having her come to the reward.

Again, editing made up worry about Ozzy getting voted off. Ami tried to make a show of it but in the end she probably figured out that Erik and Amanda were voting with Ozzy. Cirie and Ami jumped aboard. Say what you want about Ami but I do like the way she plays the game. She really tries to get in on all angles. It seems like everyone trusts her. I hope talk next week moves into voting out Cirie, since she is the weakest in that tribe now.

Malakal still has a chance to win immunity, however, as they still have Ozzy. He was the only one keeping them in the last one. I wish he ripped into Tracy for calling him out. He gets all their food and gives them a prayer in all the challenges and she still bitches about it.
Old 03-20-08, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
Malakal still has a chance to win immunity, however, as they still have Ozzy. He was the only one keeping them in the last one.
He did more than keep them in ... he gave his team a huge lead and they blew it. That was kind of a interesting challenge. I like how Ozzie gave Erik one chance to show his stuff - and he stumbled a bit, and Ozzie just did the rest himself. It's odd that the show didn't make the teams switch off swimmers. Wouldn't that be a better way of running a team challenge, and provide a bit more entertainment by having different people try the water stage? Team James (forget the official name - that's the only way I think of it now ... Team Ozzie vs Team James ) was botching that part of the challenge in a bunch of ways. Notice how the person going out to the pieces just sat on it making it harder to pull, where Ozzie gave the pieces a push into the water to make it easy. Team Ozzie had everyone helping out on the winch, where James wasn't given much help on the other side (you could see women just standing around while James was working).

But Team Ozzie blew it in the puzzle portion, and it's kind of tricky why. They didn't take into account how heavy the pieces were. Cirie and (forget the other girl) could barely move them, while Team James had a stronger guy as part of the puzzle solving duo. I don't know if they thought it out like that, or just got lucky.
Old 03-20-08, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

While it is pretty much Team Ozzy vs. Team James, Eliza should start to get some credit. She is pretty damn good at those puzzles.
Old 03-20-08, 02:33 AM

Malakal still has a chance to win immunity, however, as they still have Ozzy. He was the only one keeping them in the last one. I wish he ripped into Tracy for calling him out. He gets all their food and gives them a prayer in all the challenges and she still bitches about it.
I'm glad you brought that up. I think players tend to over think Survivor and start saying things like "long term strategy" in order make themselves appear like they are actually playing the game.

Yes, Ozzie is going to kick butt during the individual immunity challenges, but people forget that he does 90% of the work for the team by gathering and cooking food. His prowess in the challenges keeps them close and wins them an occasional reward challenge. Without Ozzie, there is ZERO chance of them winning that reward challenge today.

Everyone can talk about not wanting to compete against him in the long run, but when there's a basket of shampoo and the chance to take a shower as a reward, people tend to see directly whats in front of them.

I simply don't understand the seemingly endless fascination with "playing the game" when history shows that if you have a solid alliance of 3-4 other players, there's a damn good chance you'll go very far.
Old 03-20-08, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
While it is pretty much Team Ozzy vs. Team James, Eliza should start to get some credit. She is pretty damn good at those puzzles.
Yeah, she deserves it. Other than the strategic error of sitting on the piece and waiting to get pulled off the dock, she ran the bridge better than anyone other than Ozzie and did the puzzle besides. One of my favorite moments from the other puzzle was Penner telling her to look at the bigger picture and seeing her start to figure it out.

I think both Penner and Eliza have really boosted their reputations this season.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.