Old 03-18-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam's (And ABC'S) Big Snafu
Old 03-18-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
How did the censors miss it? It's not a bad word. While it's probably offensive to her, people say that on tv all the time.

Also, just checked. DWTS is a TV-PG rated show, so as far as I know, saying bitch is still allowed under that rating.

Last edited by Deftones; 03-18-08 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-18-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm.. on reality shows rated "G" they say it all the time?
I think that's the major difference here... you expect it on 24 but not Dancing w/ the Stars.
Old 03-18-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
The truth is an absolute defense.
Old 03-18-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back to the best cheesefest on TV! YEAH!

I didn't care for the opening number. It didn't seem very structured.

None of the guys stood out for me like Helio did in the last season with Julianne. Poor kid has to work with Corolla. The guy seriously needs a spray on tan. He looks like a cadaver on camera with bad hair and ugly overbite. Penn is bad as we all thought but he can improve. Christian, Mario, and the football player were all question marks. Mario could prove to be a contender especially with Karina. The Gutt still looks really good for his age. Anna isn't a great teacher so I don't see them going that far.
Old 03-18-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shannon wasn't bad. Just need to be a bit more flexible. Stiffy Seles suck.
Old 03-18-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
Shannon wasn't bad. Just need to be a bit more flexible. Stiffy Seles suck.
I missed Shannon's scores.What did she get?
Old 03-18-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Priscilla Presley: Too much botox and collagen. Her face never moves.
Old 03-18-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shannon got 7, 7, 7 and Seles got 5, 5, 5

I think Kristy is the best of the girls and will be a top 3.
Old 03-18-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks zuffy.

Not surprised Kristi was excellent.
Old 03-18-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Shannon Elizabeth is so beautiful.

Her partner, Derek, needs to fix his hair. It's too plain.

Marlee was good, but not great. Shannon was likewise. Kristi was excellent.
Old 03-18-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Go, Kristi, go! Kristi Yamaguchi and Marlee Matlin are two of my favorite celebrities (sad, but true), so waiting all night for them to perform was an interesting experience. I was very happy to see both of them do so well.

Priscilla's face scares the shit out of me. I'm not kidding. Someone get Wes Craven on the phone. Fitting that they pair her with that creepy bobblehead, Louis van Amstel. She danced fairly well, but I thought the judges looked foolish giving her 8s, forcing them all to give Kristi 9s when she danced circles around everyone else.

das
Old 03-18-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glad to see Kristi do well!
Old 03-19-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Shannon - Derek has a decent shot to be around for a few weeks as Shannon did okay, but didn't quite have the snap and polish as true, solid dancers have for the cha-cha. But she's in really good shape, and just needs more training, all the raw material is present to turn her into a solid dancer if she wants to be.

Monica - Jonathan might have plenty of time on his hands because his partner is facing an uphill battle to learn how to dance effortlessly, and that doesn't come easily for Monica. But I suspect she'll be better in a cha-cha because the foxtrot was too controlled for her first big dance in the competition.

Marissa - Tony has his hands full with Marissa as she is really fun to watch, even if the energy overwhelms the dance content, I really enjoyed their performance.

Priscilla - Louis was bold with the death spiral, but Priscilla had really good fluidity and musicality in how she moved during her dance (almost the antithesis of Monica). Color me surprised, but she was graceful and looked like she belonged on the dance floor. I don't know if she'll do well in the latin dances, though.

Kristi - Mark is going be around a long time this season. From the get-go, I was getting chills from the lilt and grace on display, it was a pleasure to watch this pair dance. Color me wowed.

Marlee - Fabian has to be a really patient teacher, but his efforts paid off. If you didn't know Marlee was deaf, you'd never know it by her dancing. Amazing stuff, and a big reason to keep watching the show.

Last edited by Patman; 03-19-08 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-19-08, 08:45 AM

Dancing with the Stars could bring world peace? Steve Guttenberg has this show confused with Wyld Stallyns.

Shannon looks great, but is in danger of being forgotten about/ignored by the voters. Agreed with the judges scores.

Monica - the judges gave her mostly positive feedback, then they turned around and stabbed her in the back when they scored her. It wasn't a great dance, but it was better than Adam and Penn's first dances.

Marissa - OMG YOU GUYS!!! IS SHE GOING TO TALK LIKE THIS THE WHOLE SEASON ?!? IS SHE GOING TO PANDER TO "WOMEN WHO AREN'T SIZE 2" IN EVERY INTERVIEW TO GET VOTES ?!? I WOULD HAVE SCORED HER BELOW MONICA, ONLY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO A PROPER CHA-CHA-CHA.

Priscilla - Good dance. Scary face. Didn't deserve three 8's

Kristi - Best dance of the night. Obviously the one to beat. I don't think anyone should be getting three 9's the first week, but after the judges overscored Priscilla, they had no choice.

Marlee - Good start. Hopefully, having only one week to prepare instead of four going forward won't hurt her too much. This isn't Jericho, so she's safe for awhile.
Old 03-19-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I swear, I told my wife last night that Priscilla are from the Jackson family. She talk and kind of look like Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson.
Old 03-19-08, 09:44 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
I swear, I told my wife last night that Priscilla are from the Jackson family. She talk and kind of look like Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson.
Well, she was once MJ's mother-in-law...

My favorite unintentional laugh - in her pre-dance segment, Monica says "It'll be like going to the high school prom", immediately followed by a shot of a bunch of balls flying at her.
Old 03-19-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks like this might be the season of a woman winner, which hasnt happened since season 1. Kristy looked flawless last night, and she is American's sweetheart so I am sure she has a huge fan base. Hopefully we wont tire of her perfection, and she might struggle in the latin dances but wow, she was amazing to watch.

And she is paired with Mark, who last season danced with Sabrina. He is young and his choreography is hot and amazing! Cant wait to see what they bring each week. Hopefully this will take the focus off of Cheryl and Julliane, and produce another winner.

Last edited by magiccmom; 03-19-08 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-19-08, 04:33 PM

I agree with everyone who said that Kristi is the one to beat this season. As a skater, she is already familiar with the need for grace, poise and beauty. She just has to learn to remove the skates and put on high heels instead. From last night's performance, it looks like the made the transition incredibly well. I did, however, find it hysterical when she said that as a skater she's never really had to be concerned with the placement of her feet. What?!?
Old 03-19-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kristi is going to be the one to beat this season. Before the show even came on, there was a poll showing Kristi to be the favorite. There aren't as many threats as last season with Helio, Sabrina, and Mel B. The rest of the playing field is more even.

I enjoyed watching Seles and the Hairspray girl. They didn't get the dances technically but their performances were good. It will be interesting to watch them improve if they have the opportunity after next week.

Prescilla is 62, folks. Her face looks bloated and a bit creepy but she has a pretty good body for that age. She certainly didn't dance like a grandma. Having talented Louis as a partner will only help.
Old 03-19-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk God

The full-figured woman should do well, if only because I'm sure the average woman viewer will project herself into that position.

Marlee was very impressive given the handicap.

Kristi was very good. It certainly seems like it will be her vs. Karina and whoever that celebrity partner of hers that go to the final. Hard to imagine anyone else, on merit, getting there. That's a big caveat though.
Old 03-19-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't forget Jason Taylor. He'll make the Final 3 just because he's in the NFL, even if he's as bad a dancer as Jerry Rice. It's a rule.

das
Old 03-19-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Hopefully this will take the focus off of Cheryl and Julliane, and produce another winner.
It will be very depressing once Julianne and Cheryl are gone, at least for the male viewers.
Old 03-19-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Don't forget Jason Taylor. He'll make the Final 3 just because he's in the NFL, even if he's as bad a dancer as Jerry Rice. It's a rule.

das

He's a Miami Dolphin. Not a Frisco 49er.
Old 03-19-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
He's a Miami Dolphin. Not a Frisco 49er.
Xerxes will rule them all!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.