Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho---"Termination for Cause"---3/11/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 03:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
Great Episode! They are still saying "Final two episodes of the season" in the promo spots, so maybe they haven't made up their minds yet. If it is cancelled, I hope they tie up some loose ends, rather than a rushed tacked-on ending like Millennium.
Has there been any word anywhere about the prospect of its renewal? How do the ratings look?
Old 03-12-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Silly Burrito
Has there been any word anywhere about the prospect of its renewal? How do the ratings look?
They haven't been very good so a renewal seems unlikely. At least we have two more episodes.
Old 03-12-08, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope, if there is no chance of renewal, they end the show with the nuke going off destroying the town and everyone in it.

Second season is MUCH improved over the first.
Old 03-12-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Best episode of any show I have watched this season...
Old 03-12-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking of the renewal of the show. Didn't the fans fight just to get a conclusion of the show since it was left with a huge cliffhanger last season.I thought it was brought up right away that we were only getting half a season more to get a proper conclusion and that was going to be the end of the show.
Old 03-12-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paradicelost
Speaking of the renewal of the show. Didn't the fans fight just to get a conclusion of the show since it was left with a huge cliffhanger last season.I thought it was brought up right away that we were only getting half a season more to get a proper conclusion and that was going to be the end of the show.
Officially, no. CBS isn't going to sink that sort of money into a show it can't market as a going concern. That's why there is all this "season finale" stuff. It's also true that if Jericho had become a sensation over these few weeks, they might have kept it going. That very rarely happens, though.

Given all of that, I think the message between the lines has always been that we're getting this as a send off. Indeed, I certainly hope we're in for a satisfying conclusion because I think this is all we're getting.
Old 03-12-08, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jericho Shot Alternate Ending

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told TV Guide that she shot an alternate ending to the upcoming second season that will wrap up the show in the event it isn't picked up for a third season.

The show, which was canceled at the end of its first season last year, was revived after an aggressive campaign by die-hard fans who mailed CBS tons of peanuts, an allusion to a line of dialogue in the season finale. The seven-episode second season begins in January.

"The ending that we planned was always meant to be a payoff for the seven-episode arc," Barbee told TV Guide this week at a party to launch the show's first-season DVD set. "It won't close off the whole story, but it will show you where we would go in a third season." If the show isn't renewed for a third season, "it gives you a huge mythology so that you understand so much about what has happened," she said.

When the show returns, the small town of Jericho, Kan., will again be in total chaos. "We [left] on the brink of war with New Bern," said Barbee. "The government has broken up into factions, and there are several people claiming to be the legitimate government. One of them is in Cheyenne, Wyo., so the Cheyenne government comes to town."

What happens next is a mystery. "They're there to stop the war with New Bern, but they're also there for a secret agenda," Barbee told the magazine.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=44530
Old 03-12-08, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw the "Final Two Episodes" in the credits and figured we were done for. Bummer.
Old 03-13-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
With only 5.9 million viewers. chances of a third season are virtually nil. Too bad, since it has really hit the mark over the five episodes aired so far this season.
Old 03-13-08, 10:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
I hope, if there is no chance of renewal, they end the show with the nuke going off destroying the town and everyone in it.
Isn't that how Sledge Hammer ended what they thought would be their only season?

HAAAMMMMER!
Old 03-13-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

watched it last night and loved it, even if we don't get a 3rd season, this is still a helluva last 7 episodes! Hopefully Constantino will get his too!
Old 03-14-08, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
watched it last night and loved it, even if we don't get a 3rd season, this is still a helluva last 7 episodes! Hopefully Constantino will get his too!
I think Jennings and Rall will inadvertently create peace between Jericho and New Bern by giving both towns a common enemy to fight against.
Old 03-14-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aintnosin
I think Jennings and Rall will inadvertently create peace between Jericho and New Bern by giving both towns a common enemy to fight against.
I think that's pretty much where we got to by the end of this episode, when the Jericho lot (we can assume) let the New Bern lot have the body of Goetz to string up, sending a statement.
Old 03-14-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think that's pretty much where we got to by the end of this episode, when the Jericho lot (we can assume) let the New Bern lot have the body of Goetz to string up, sending a statement.
New Bern is really "taking the bullet" for Jericho, since Beck will come down hard on the people responsible for Goetz's death.