Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 3/06/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which tribe is sending someone home?
Fans
83.33%
Favorites
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 3/06/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
at Joel. Chet has no business being there but I love the irony in seeing Joel get the boot after he screwed Mikey B.

at James' reaction to getting on the Airai tribe and not staying on the same team as Ozzie. He was pissed.

How anyone is listening to Cirie is beyond me. I expected more from Ozzie. I'm assuming Ozzie/Amanda and Cirie made a deal that Joel goes now and Chet goes next. Cirie might have convinced Ozzie that Joel would fuck him like he did to Mikey B. Cirie might try to blindside Ozzie, hopefully he plays that immunity idol when he needs to.

As long as the Ozzie/James/Amanda/Pavarti alliance remains intact I'll be pretty happy. We're about 5 tribal councils away from a merge and I would expect those 4 to still be there.

Originally Posted by ckw4b
I don't understand the big fuss about booting Chet. Yes, he's probably the most useless player in the history of Survivor, but Courtney made it to the Final 3 doing absolutely nothing. The Fei Long tribe won a decent amount of challenges with midget Todd and Skeletor on their roster.
Yeah but Courtney found a way to align herself with Todd, the best strategist of that season. She was useless but she was lucky enough to end up with the right players in Todd, Amanda and James (to a degree). Also, I know she didn't do so well in the challenges but I don't remember he being the reason for a loss. Chet, on the other hand, is screwing up all the challenges and is aligned with the worst players and is somehow still there.
Old 03-07-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@ big dumb ass getting the boot. I really like Tracy and hope she makes it to the merge.
Old 03-07-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
And once again, props to Cirie. She may have no physical ability but she has great strategery. She totally played Ozzy (and with him, Amanda).
I don't think it is strategy as much as simply being lucky enough to be around plenty of gullible people.
Old 03-07-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Chet has not played a great game, but last year he would have been called Courtney and she nearly won it.

Cirie is a terrific player.. once again two steps ahead in survival mode.

Joel absolutely deserved to be gone.. he was pulling Chet around like a sack of shit.
What a jerk.

The split was the best thing to happen to Oz and James, when these tribes merge they will reunite and reform the final 4.

Last edited by mphtrilogy; 03-07-08 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The best line came from James to Alexis: "Hey baby." Just the way he said it was funny.
Old 03-07-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
at Joel. Chet has no business being there but I love the irony in seeing Joel get the boot after he screwed Mikey B.

at James' reaction to getting on the Airai tribe and not staying on the same team as Ozzie. He was pissed.

How anyone is listening to Cirie is beyond me. I expected more from Ozzie. I'm assuming Ozzie/Amanda and Cirie made a deal that Joel goes now and Chet goes next. Cirie might have convinced Ozzie that Joel would fuck him like he did to Mikey B. Cirie might try to blindside Ozzie, hopefully he plays that immunity idol when he needs to.

As long as the Ozzie/James/Amanda/Pavarti alliance remains intact I'll be pretty happy. We're about 5 tribal councils away from a merge and I would expect those 4 to still be there.

Yeah but Courtney found a way to align herself with Todd, the best strategist of that season. She was useless but she was lucky enough to end up with the right players in Todd, Amanda and James (to a degree). Also, I know she didn't do so well in the challenges but I don't remember he being the reason for a loss. Chet, on the other hand, is screwing up all the challenges and is aligned with the worst players and is somehow still there.
Chet aligned with Tracy and you are not giving her enough credit. She isn't the strongest physically (like Todd) but she knows how to convince people to vote her way. She played Joel perfectly to vote out Mikey B.

I still don't understand the uproar on voting out Joel. Most of the physical challenges are more about being athletic than just being big. The only one it really played a part in was the football type challenge and he didn't even win that one. Granted Joel is better than Chet but its not like they were voting out someone like Ozzie.

I still don't like that reward challenge though. As someone already said, how did they pick the couples and why did Chet and Joel go again. A large guy and a useless guy isn't your ideal group.
Old 03-07-08, 10:47 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'll miss Truck... but life will go on.

As for next week's preview...

Spoiler:
I just hope Penner can stay in the game.
Old 03-07-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Cerie for the win this year! Certainly final four. Just amazing how she manages to manipulate the others into doing what she wants.
Old 03-07-08, 11:31 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Cerie for the win this year! Certainly final four. Just amazing how she manages to manipulate the others into doing what she wants.
Agree. Cerie is the queen bee and is still pretty low on the threat radar. Loved her smile (again) this week as the person she wanted was voted off.
Old 03-07-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I'll miss Truck... but life will go on.

As for next week's preview...

Spoiler:
I just hope Penner can stay in the game.
Me too, but from the looks of it I have my doubts.

Spoiler:
Will the have a tribal council if he has to leave?
Old 03-07-08, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
The best line came from James to Alexis: "Hey baby." Just the way he said it was funny.
I also liked when he was at the new camp and his comment on the poor condition of the place was, "they're dingbats."

I hope Jonathan doesn't have to leave the game. He's my favorite this season for some reason.
Old 03-07-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
I still don't understand the uproar on voting out Joel. Most of the physical challenges are more about being athletic than just being big. The only one it really played a part in was the football type challenge and he didn't even win that one. Granted Joel is better than Chet but its not like they were voting out someone like Ozzie.
It also was a factor in the basketball challenge but I also liked the strategy of dumping Joel.
Old 03-07-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's wrong with Ozzie and James taking orders from Cirie ? First Yao now Joel.
Are they nuts ?
Chet's vote counts as much as Joel's does. Joel didn't have an alliance or anyone that trusted him. He was easy to get rid of at any time. Plus they needed his strength against James.
Ozzie also screwed up telling James and Amanda he found the hidden immunity idol.
Now that James is on the other tribe he can use that against him.

How hot is Amanda ?
Old 03-07-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Struz
Chet's vote counts as much as Joel's does. Joel didn't have an alliance or anyone that trusted him. He was easy to get rid of at any time. Plus they needed his strength against James.
Ozzie also screwed up telling James and Amanda he found the hidden immunity idol.
Now that James is on the other tribe he can use that against him.
Yeah but Joel isn't as easily swayed. I agree they should have kept him around but he already had the reputation of a schemer. I also agree that he is overrated in the challenges. A step up from Chet, sure, but he's not that great.

If I were Ozzie I would not have told anyone about the immunity idol but I think he can trust the 3 people he told for now. None of them are on the chopping block in their respective tribes and unless there is a blindside Ozzie, Amanda and James will cruise to the merge. Pavarti has a chance of not making it but I think there are a few people in her tribe that will need to go first. Once they are merged thats when it becomes a problem that Ozzie told people about the idol. Having the idol is one of those things you keep to yourself, no matter what.
Old 03-07-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's wrong with Ozzie and James taking orders from Cirie ? First Yao now Joel.
Are they nuts ?
In order to secure Ciries swing vote and that she would ally with the Fantastic 4 they went along with whoever she wanted to get rid. As long as it wasnt one of them.
Old 03-08-08, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Joel at the closing credits, "I don't understand why you'd want to keep a guy like Chet around." How ironic.
Old 03-08-08, 05:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although it makes for great drama, it is somewhat of a shame when some of the better "characters" (Yau-Man, Joel, Mikey B) get the boot (even when it's funny -as-all-get-out & the reactions are priceless). Sky is right about "lackluster Chet"...he doesn't add much to the viewing experience (having a pity party with the chickens is about all the enthusiasm he could muster...I have to wonder how the pageant contestants he coaches do in the 'sparkle & shine' dept.).

Cirie is the Queen Bee for now...it remains doubtful whether she can maintain that position for long. Is she really manipulating the votes, or are the others merely weighing their options & voting off the bigger physical threats right now...knowing all the while that this gives them an edge in challenges later (in Ozzy's case, he still has an ace to play, although revealing it too soon may prove to be a mistake. We'll see if he's forced to use it sooner than he'd planned or if it will be a bargaining chip or a way to deflect votes from those who know). Cirie's problem is that her strategy is too transparent...not that I blame her since she's at least maintaining some of the 'weaker' coalition votes...but it does put a target on her back.

Like others, we love the comments from James (like Patman, we cracked up at his "Hey, Baby" in his best Barry White voice). Joel added drama but he couldn't naturally come up with zingers the way James can (the best Joel could do was compare Chet to "goo"). I would have loved to see James's and the Oz-Man's reactions at the tribal switch if they had been separated from their main squeezes. At least they won't get cold at night.

Regarding the brutal challenge, wouldn't it have been better for the teams if they had both held the rope connecting them (taking up the slack) and run side-by-side? The constant pulling & tugging just slows down and wears out both partners, especially when they want to change directions. There would also be less chance of pulling a George of the Jungle tree smackdown.

Doubt we'll get to test the theory anytime soon considering the high casualty rate this time around. This challenge will probably be retired...they've done similar chases in the past in shallow water around a circular course with entire tribes attached, so they'll likely go back to that concept to avoid further potentially-game-ending injuries.
Old 03-08-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
How hot is Amanda ?
98.6 degrees fahrenheit.
Old 03-08-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
98.6 degrees fahrenheit.

It's flu season.
Old 03-08-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho

It's flu season.
...and she gives me the fever.
Old 03-08-08, 01:20 PM

Voting Joel out was an idiot move. Get rid of Chet now, and Joel a little farther down the road. Good luck winning with that team.
Old 03-09-08, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
...and she gives me the fever.
than the only cure is cowbell...
Old 03-10-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by creekdipper
Sky is right about "lackluster Chet"...he doesn't add much to the viewing experience (having a pity party with the chickens is about all the enthusiasm he could muster...I have to wonder how the pageant contestants he coaches do in the 'sparkle & shine' dept.).
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he coaches little girls for goth pageants.
Old 03-10-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Silkk_34
Voting Joel out was an idiot move. Get rid of Chet now, and Joel a little farther down the road. Good luck winning with that team.
Why do they need to win? It didn't make sense when they did it last week with Mikey B because when they merge they need numbers. Now that they mixed up the tribes, it's not that big of deal to come into the merge with more people because you already have bonds with people on the other tribe.
Old 03-10-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Is it me, or does Jonathan Penner sound like Alan Alda? His knee sure does look like he could use the M*A*S*H* team.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.