Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "the Other Woman" -- 03.06.2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope Charles Widmore gets whats coming too him. I'm really starting to hate this Douchbag.
Old 03-07-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I hope Charles Widmore gets whats coming too him. I'm really starting to hate this Douchbag.
He's already dead on two shows.. will this be his third ?

Spoiler:
The OC and Ugly Betty, some guys can't catch a break
Old 03-07-08, 10:49 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Does anyone think that the spy on the boat could be...

Spoiler:
Desmond?
Old 03-07-08, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ana-Lucia would be an interesting twist as the spy on the boat. They have seemed to go out of their way a couple of times this season to make mention of her.

When Ben agrees to tell Locke who the spy is, he tells him "you better sit down". Telling him that it's Michael wouldn't be "you better sit down" worthy.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that when Ben revealed that he had a spy on the boat he said "I have a man on the boat".
Old 03-07-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Does anyone think that the spy on the boat could be...

Spoiler:
Desmond?

No. It's Michael. End of story.

Last edited by Matthew Ackerly; 03-07-08 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I nuts or are a lot of people suggesting the the spy on the boat is a dead person? Libby and AL are toast, no?
Old 03-07-08, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by suziq999
Am I nuts or are a lot of people suggesting the the spy on the boat is a dead person? Libby and AL are toast, no?
You're right. I don't know why their names have been mentioned at all in regards to being the spy. The producers have said in the past, when you're dead, you stay dead.
Old 03-07-08, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Palaver
You're right. I don't know why their names have been mentioned at all in regards to being the spy. The producers have said in the past, when you're dead, you stay dead.
Sorry. We're all hoping its not Michael, since we all know it is Michael.
Old 03-07-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I cannot wait until next week's episode
Spoiler:
so all of this Aaron is a member of the O6 absolute nonsense ends.

Me too!

Last edited by Jadzia; 03-10-08 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I'm hoping for a surprise too. But, I'm thinking we should all prepare the eventuality of it being Michael or possibly Walt.

I'm still thinking he might not be a willing spy. I'm thinking Ben might be channeling Walt. I think last night's episode told us that Ben is able to communicate (or sense) things while he is being held captive.
Old 03-07-08, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Prepare to have your mind blown...

...what if Ben is the spy on the boat?

Yeah, figure that out.
Old 03-07-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Prepare to have your mind blown...

...what if Ben is the spy on the boat?

Yeah, figure that out.
I already know how the scene goes down.

Sayid: Michael! WTF! It was you that opened the door!
Michael: Walt !!!!!!! They took my son! Walt !!!!
Old 03-07-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aren't the people on the boat looking for Ben?
Old 03-07-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not as a "clue" interpretation, but clearly from a storytelling perspective, the beginning with Juliet sort of suggested that it might be a flash-forward, since she was talking about feeling like a celebrity, and then it was sort of a double-fake to reveal that it was a flashback.

The whole "She's off!... oh, no she isn't" is a pretty goofy little trick, and it's possible that they'll finish that with a "oh, yes she is," but it should put her on your "Lost" dead-pool radar. I wasn't even sure after that that she was going to survive the episode. Her death would fit with Jack deciding he's in love with Kate again. Some sort of revenge would also fit as a motivation for the Sayid/Ben flash-forward. It looks like Ben would take something happening to Juliet quite personally.

Sun is another one I think is on the way out. As soon as Jin started speaking English, I figured she was going to die. I think Sun might die in episode 8 and the two remaining Oceanic 6 would be Jin and Walt, with Michael somehow ending up being the one in the coffin, but not known as an Oceanic 815 survivor.

Also, I think that the "island mystery" stuff is becoming progressively less interesting. It's going to be some kind of pseudoscience mumbo jumbo, and it's not going to be so complex that it can't all be explained in like two minutes. Maybe Jacob/Smokey is nano-robots, maybe it's a hologram of some kind, maybe it's a gh-gh-gh-ghost. All this stuff is just the Macguffin anyway.

What drives the show is the conflicts, first among the castaways, then between the castaways and the others, and now between Ben and Widmore, and also potentially between Jack's people and Locke's people (Ben's people?).

Everyone who is keeping clue notebooks should have been keeping plot notebooks instead, because all of these storylines are byzantine, and the writers have no compunction about picking up a plot thread that hasn't been addressed in a year.

It's pretty clear by the way that the reveal on Goodwin was framed and the musical cue that we're expected to react "Holy shit it's Goodwin!" I don't really see why that should be the case.

Last edited by ScandalUMD; 03-07-08 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Why would anybody tape over the Red Sox?
Why wouldn't they?
Old 03-07-08, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pezsoup
is anyone else thinking the spy on the freighter could be Ana Lucia? they sure have been droppin her name lately....
They have indeed, and having her as the "man on the boat" would definitely be news you'd "want to sit down" for.

But seeing as the Losties buried her on the beach a couple seasons ago, and the producers probably don't want any more of Michelle Rodriguez' drunk driving antics, I'm gonna have to say no.
Old 03-07-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
Aren't the people on the boat looking for Ben?
Where better to hide than in plain sight?
Old 03-07-08, 01:36 PM

Harper lied about the Tempest being the power station. It was in fact the chemical station. It is where Goodwin got burned. we have yet to see the power station.
Old 03-07-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I cannot wait until next week's episode
Spoiler:
so all of this Aaron is a member of the O6 absolute nonsense ends.
Alright I will try and make my rebuttal as simple as possible to you DVD Josh and anyone else that could help solve the issue or at least the misunderstanding. A simple YES or NO, if anyone still has it recorded can they please confirm that in the PREVIEWS for the show where we find out that Kate has Aaron do they or don't they state that one of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed in that show. If the answer is YES, then who was revealed besides Aaron? Obviously if they did not say one of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed in that show then I cannot understand why we would even be having this whole debate in the first place. Thanks

Last edited by Jadzia; 03-10-08 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-07-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Alright I will try and make my rebuttal as simple as possible to you DVD Josh and anyone else that could help solve the issue or at least the misunderstanding. A simple YES or NO, if anyone still has it recorded can they please confirm that in the PREVIEWS for the show where we find out that Kate has Aaron do they or don't they state that one of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed in that show. If the answer is YES, then who was revealed besides Aaron? Obviously if they did not say one of the Oceanic 6 would be revealed in that show then I cannot understand why we would even be having this whole debate in the first place. Thanks
A simple answer might be that Jack and Kate were never really "revealed" as O6 members in the finale of S3 because, at that time, the term didn't exist.

Hugo and Jack were confirmed in Hugo's episode in season 4.
Sayid was confirmed in his own in season 4.
Kate was confirmed in her own in season 4.

That's 4, all in season 4, when the term "Oceanic 6" exists.

While obviously you and I (the viewers) are aware that Kate and Jack existed off the island in season 3, we didn't know how many made it off. The previews are hardly a good source for information. We learn that time and time again across all shows, not just Lost.
Old 03-07-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Spoiler:
The episode is Sun and Jin centric. They will be revealed as the remaining two

Last edited by DVD Josh; 03-09-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Josh is 100% correct. Let's move on!

Anyway, I was thinking that if Ben knew about and really read all the personal files then he is the character that may know most of the connections between the surviviors in the outside world. He must at least know Sun is Paik's daughter, perhaps he knows Claire is Jack's sister.
Old 03-07-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's my latest question:

Are Penny and Charles working together, or working for the same goal independent of each other?

The last thing I want is LOST to be about love found and daddy issues.
Old 03-07-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's my latest question:

Are Penny and Charles working together, or working for the same goal independent of each other?

The last thing I want is LOST to be about love found and daddy issues.
They have the same goal - to find the island - but for different reasons.

Penny's looking for Desmond. He's off the island right now, so the island wouldn't be her concern any longer.

Charles is looking for the Island to commercialize/exploit it (if Ben is to be believed). Or he's simply looking for Ben/Dharma. Either way, he's after the island.

Penny must have some reason to think that Desmond is on Daddy's island. She must have the info from the Black Rock journal, at the very least, otherwise how would she know how to "research" it, specifically the EMP monitoring station and the communication attempts in the general vicinity.
Old 03-07-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Michael's too obvious. Why would Ben tell John to sit down before he told him who it was? Michael? John would just shrug his shoulders.

My theory: Mikhail.

Much like his countryman Rasputin, this guy cannot be killed. I think he somehow survived and then made his way to the freighter after blowing up the Looking Glass station.

And isn't Mikhail Russian for Michael? So it's Michael but not the Michael everyone thinks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.