TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho---"Oversight"---3/4/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Jericho---"Oversight"---3/4/08

Photobucket

Brand spanking new episode alert for those of you who cheated and downloaded the 1st 3 episodes!

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Hawkins hears again from John Smith, his mysterious new contact who somehow knows everything he does, and who tells Hawkins that his capture by Major Beck (Esai Morales) is imminent, likely within 24 hours.
Old 03-04-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I find myself looking more and more forward to this show every week.
Old 03-04-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Spaces in thread titles!
Old 03-04-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
second season has been pretty boring for me..i wish they would have taken the skirmish between jericho and the neighboring town a bit farther this season. It was much more interesting
Old 03-04-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
DVR missed the last one, dangit. I'll have to find that first.
Old 03-04-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
second season has been pretty boring for me..i wish they would have taken the skirmish between jericho and the neighboring town a bit farther this season. It was much more interesting

I totally disagree. The new government, it's politics and the apparent coup d'etat, and Hawkins working against it are far more interesting to me.
Old 03-04-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I think this is the natural progression of the story. We're done with the 'Jericho is isolated, fighting it's neighbors after the bomb' part. It's about bringing down the conspiracy and new government, though I'm not sure they can do all that in 8 or whatever episodes.
Old 03-04-08, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk God

And let's face it - the Jericho being isolated plotline - they way they handled it anyway - was ridiculous. They made post-apocolyptic nuclear war look like a cakewalk....what time does the bar open?
Old 03-04-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
DVR missed the last one, dangit. I'll have to find that first.
Go to CBS.com to watch the previous episode.
Old 03-04-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Brand spanking new episode alert for those of you who cheated and downloaded the 1st 3 episodes!

Synopsis:

Thanks for the reminder! It's been so long since I saw the 1st 3 eps.
Old 03-04-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hot damn, that episode certainly ratcheted things up quite a bit. The first episode of the season was by far the weakest, and I think they have been getting better and better each time. These episodes require a suspension of disbelief because it's pretty obvious they have to take a number of story shortcuts to fit everything they want to cover into 8 episodes, but it's not so bad.

I do have to say that I really rather liked the standoff with the deaf girl. If she could hear, she probably wouldn't have been so eager to go out. If she could hear, it would have also been far more plausible for her to go out. When she chose to run out the house before Mimi could stop her, it made it pretty obvious somebody else had to have been there. I just don't quite get why they didn't find Mimi. That was a loose end I just don't see Ravenwood guy leaving.
Old 03-04-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk God

OK - we had nasty downpours here and it screwed up my dish btwn the :45 and :55 of the episode. Can someone say what happened btwn when the Ravenwood guy started questioning Mimi and when Hawkins was on the cell phone with Deep Throat?
Old 03-04-08, 10:06 PM

HOLY SHIT! These past two weeks have had me nervous as hell while watching.
Old 03-04-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
OK - we had nasty downpours here and it screwed up my dish btwn the :45 and :55 of the episode. Can someone say what happened btwn when the Ravenwood guy started questioning Mimi and when Hawkins was on the cell phone with Deep Throat?
I think it was mostly that deaf girl had a shootout with Ravenwood at the farm. No, that's not a joke.

You saw them get Dale out, right?
Old 03-04-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just went back and looked at the map of the 25 sites. They make far too little sense if you think about it. You don't need to nuke Chicago and then waste one of your 25 on Indianapolis. You don't need to nuke both Columbus and Pittsburgh, particularly when you are also hitting Detroit. Worse than those geographic issues is the lack of any bombs in a contiguous 8 state belt from Virginia (which, I grant, would feel a heavy impact from the DC nuke) down to Louisiana. If nothing else, you ditch Indy and bomb Memphis just to contaminate more area.
Old 03-04-08, 10:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I hope this show gets picked up for another season. It's really getting interesting now. I still can't believe what happened tonight!
Old 03-04-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think it was mostly that deaf girl had a shootout with Ravenwood at the farm. No, that's not a joke.

You saw them get Dale out, right?

Yeah - I saw them get Dale out and I saw her corpse. It's the part in between I'm fuzzy on.
Old 03-04-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really pretty sure that's all that happened. They pulled up in their Hummer, Goetz or whatever his name is called for anybody inside to go out. Mimi told Bonnie (I'm looking up names) that they were there and Bonnie decided to go tell them Mimi wasn't there. Goetz told her he was coming in, and she ran back inside. Mimi hid in what looked like a pantry while Bonnie got out the boomstick and finished off about 4 Ravenwood guys with 5 shots of the trusty double barrel before we heard one final shot, saw that Mimi had been clipped by bullets that came flying by, and that was that.

During the time you missed, CBS took a local news break and also had a national primary break.
Old 03-04-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW, am I the only one utterly depressed that the AI thread has 4 times the traffic this one does? Disgusting.
Old 03-04-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk God

What did Ravenwood honcho say to Mimi? That's when I got cut off. Did they go to the farm to basically kill everyone? What happened to Ravenwood honcho in the shootout?
Old 03-04-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We are left by the number of shots and the shot of Stanley holding Bonnie to believe that the Ravenwood guy killed Bonnie and left without discovering Mimi. I'd guess he has the ledger Mimi had at the farm. I don't see him leaving without finding and taking care of Mimi, but it appears that's what we are left to assume happened.

Before that, Ravenwood guy asked Mimi for her ledger, and she said she needed to be independent if she was going to do an independent audit. He insisted she bring the ledger in, and she clearly very grudgingly agreed to bring it in the next day for "safekeeping".
Old 03-04-08, 10:43 PM

Honcho said that he wanted her ledger. They went to the farm to get it, and Bonnie told Mimi what they had done to Dale. Honcho shot Bonnie.
Old 03-04-08, 10:47 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure Bonnie was hit with an early shot through the wall and the shotgun footage from her was in her head as she lay dying from her wounds. It's how she wish things had gone.
Old 03-04-08, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cracksky
I'm pretty sure Bonnie was hit with an early shot through the wall and the shotgun footage from her was in her head as she lay dying from her wounds. It's how she wish things had gone.
Then why were there so many shots fired that Mimi saw? I have to say I like your creativity because that's a shooting performance that is a bit tough to swallow, but I don't think that's the way the show actually wanted us to take those events.

ETA: Besides, why wouldn't she kill the Ravenwood guy if this was a fantasy?

Last edited by Jimmy James; 03-04-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
We are left by the number of shots and the shot of Stanley holding Bonnie to believe that the Ravenwood guy killed Bonnie and left without discovering Mimi. I'd guess he has the ledger Mimi had at the farm. I don't see him leaving without finding and taking care of Mimi, but it appears that's what we are left to assume happened.

Before that, Ravenwood guy asked Mimi for her ledger, and she said she needed to be independent if she was going to do an independent audit. He insisted she bring the ledger in, and she clearly very grudgingly agreed to bring it in the next day for "safekeeping".
OK Thanks.

If they repeat these on cbs.com, I'll have to watch that part again; sigh, hopefully I can FF.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.