Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield Season 7----30 second teaser

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Shield Season 7----30 second teaser

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NurFoK0ySjQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NurFoK0ySjQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Don't know if any of you have seen this promo yet.
Old 03-02-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Glad to at least see something. Thanks for the video.
Old 03-02-08, 05:06 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
When will McFarlane Toys make a Vic Mackey action figure?????????? I need it for my desk.
Old 03-02-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget the Mackey figure. I want the Ronnie figure. Ronnie kicks ass.
Old 03-02-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Forget the Mackey figure. I want the Ronnie figure. Ronnie kicks ass.
We also need the dutch action figure. But of course you would have to include his chokeable hand grip and the stray cats accessory
Old 03-02-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I really can't wait for this season to start up.
Old 03-02-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read that the reason FX pushed this back was so Shawn Ryan had time to do his final edits of the last few episodes.
Old 03-03-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF. Come on FX! "Set the DATE!" When is this show finally going to get to finish!?!?!
Old 03-03-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More! Gimmie more!
Old 03-03-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have word on the Season 6 DVD set? I just finished (an hour ago) watching seasons 1-5 and I NEED to see season 6 again.
Old 03-03-08, 06:09 PM

About time we had something come out about this show.
Old 03-04-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New interview from Ausiello at tvguide.com with Michael Chiklis:

Spoiler:
Det. Mackey may've survived the writers' strike, but will he live through The Shield's finale? That's the question plaguing fans now that FX's blistering cop drama has wrapped production on its 13-episode swan song (to air in '0. Not surprisingly, the show's top cop, Michael Chiklis, offered a few clues about his alter ego's ultimate fate when I ran into him last week in New York. He did, however, open up about saying goodbye to Mackey, why the final episodes rank among the drama's best ever, and what it was like to replace Shawn Ryan as The Shield's interim captain. Was it emotional shooting these final episodes?

Michael Chiklis: Extremely so. I've said it over and over again from the beginning of the show: It was singularly the best experience of my life on all levels. The only thing that was really hard about it was I was sort of the last producer standing [in the wake of the writers' strike]. I had to take on those responsibilities as well as [acting on] the show. It's not how I envisioned the show going out, without Shawn Ryan and all of the other writers by my side. That was really difficult.

Were you in touch with Shawn while you were in production on the finale?

Chiklis: Shawn has a lot of integrity. And although we spoke, we did not speak at all about anything that would entail productorial decision-making with regard to the show. He called me the day of the walkout and said, "Listen, we're striking. So it's in your hands. I'm not going to cross the line in any way. I'm not going to talk at all about the show until we're not striking anymore." I said, "Shawn, I've got the ball. I hope cooler heads prevail and you guys get this resolved as quickly as possible. But in the event you don't, don't worry about it." And unfortunately, it hasn't gotten any better. FX has been incredibly supportive in that they've left the shows open for a producer cut. They had asked, "How do you feel about doing the producer cut?" And I said, "Well, I'm prepared to do it, but this is Shawn's baby. I'd rather he get the final pass – particularly of the final show." And they agreed. So they've left it open. I didn't expect things to end this way. Circumstances beyond all of our control, obviously. It is what it is. We'll deal.

Were you satisfied with the ending?

Chiklis: On an artistic level? I don't think I could be happier.

Does it end on a good note?

Chiklis: I wouldn't say good. But I'd say incredibly satisfying. I did something interesting this year. Normally, I have input at the beginning of the season, but, as a game, I told Shawn that I didn't want to know anything that happened. But then privately at home I wrote down what I believed was going to happen to Mackey [in the end]. And it's uncanny how exactly spot-on right I was. And it's funny because I doubt anyone out there will be able to predict what happens. I think the only reason I was able to [figure it out is because] I'm the guy who plays him. It's almost this feeling of what must happen. It's so satisfying on an artistic level.

Can you at least promise us that you won't pull a Sopranos and cut to black when it starts getting good?

Chiklis: That won't be happening.

Any possibility of a TV-movie franchise?

Chiklis: If there was potential for a movie, that would mean that Mackey lives. And we don't know if he does or not.

Curses, foiled again. Any famous faces returning?

Chiklis: None of the high-profile folks like Glenn or Anthony or Forrest, but a lot of faces throughout the history of the show - including some faces we haven't seen for a while - will be back. We really wanted to make it about the core group. The material is stunning - particularly with Episode 6 until the end. It's like a freight train. You won't have a nail left on your fingers. My take:
Honestly, it actually kinda pisses me off that Anthony Anderson is not coming back. They worked so hard in the second to last episode of season 6 to make people keep Antwon on their minds...as they mentioned him 3 separate times in that episode. He was also in one measly scene that was purposely there to also make sure that we knew Antwon was living well, for the moment, in the prison. If they weren't going to bring him back, then how in any way was that scene shot? I mean, they had to fly Anthony in for that scene, so you'd think he'd be a crucial character in the last season. I am also dissapointed that Forrest is not coming back, because of the article on tvguide.com after he left last season, where they said he would probably wear "shield" again...but less so than Anthony. WE NEVER got to see the final antwon/shane scene that we have been waiting to see. That blows.

As for Chiklis's ambiguous answer to "is the ending satisfying?" I think he answers purposely with artistic because artistically there are certain things that must happen to these characters, like Shane dying. For a lot of people, however, are not going to be completely satisfied knowing that, for example, Vic dies in the end, and obviously Shawn Ryan knew this all along. That ambiguous answer pitted with the fact that Chiklis says there's something that basically "must" happen to Vic, I think all signs point to his death in the end. I might have been wrong on a bunch of predictions, but I'm sticking by my needle prediction.
Old 03-04-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As this is speculation about what is in the spoiler tags, I'm putting it in spoiler tags. I know nothing about the new season other than what is in this thread, though...

Spoiler:
I would personally think that a fitting artistic ending would probably involve Shane's death and Vic's imprisonment with Ronnie living and becoming a part of the new, less corrupt regime.

I think there are essentially two options for Shane-Vic: either Shane dies saving Vic, redeeming himself or Shane is killed by Vic because it's the only way to stop him from harming more people. I'm not sure which makes more sense.
Old 03-04-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
As this is speculation about what is in the spoiler tags, I'm putting it in spoiler tags. I know nothing about the new season other than what is in this thread, though...

Spoiler:
I would personally think that a fitting artistic ending would probably involve Shane's death and Vic's imprisonment with Ronnie living and becoming a part of the new, less corrupt regime.

I think there are essentially two options for Shane-Vic: either Shane dies saving Vic, redeeming himself or Shane is killed by Vic because it's the only way to stop him from harming more people. I'm not sure which makes more sense.
I don't know about:
Spoiler:
Ronnie being the only one who lives free.
As much as I love the new Ronnie (he replaced Lem as being my 2nd favorite character next to Dutch), it could be argued that he is actually the worst one on the Strike Team.

Unlike Shane he isn't stupid. Unlike Lem he doesn't have a conscience. Unlike Vic he isn't burdened with having to make decisions that affect the entire team.

Unlike the other three he wasn't motivated by loyalty, family, or even (it seems from what he's done with the money) greed. He coldly and without angst went along with every plot and crime
Old 03-04-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Unlike the other three he wasn't motivated by loyalty, family, or even (it seems from what he's done with the money) greed. He coldly and without angst went along with every plot and crime
Which puts him number one to take over in my book. Look at all the shit he went thru, it'd be hard to just let that sit well in his mind, but he's been loyal. And maybe the truth will see that loyalty, has been to himself.
Old 03-04-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree with what you say, but I think those are actually arguments in favor of what I propose. I think we're going to be left with a sense that it's all cyclical. I think that is echoed in what we have seen out of Vic's former mentor/partner.
Old 03-05-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

get ready to curse, scream, rant, rave, jump up and down and punch a wall.

while it's not set in stone, it definately sucks if it's accurate!

from today's TV Guide's Michael Ausiello

Question: When does the new season of The Shield start? — Jordan
Ausiello: At long last, answers! An FX insider tells me that the highly anticipated seventh and final season of The Shield will debut in September. There was some talk of it returning in the summer, but then it would have to compete with the Olympics. And as tough as Mackey is, he's no match for this awesomeness.
Old 03-05-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Yet that piece of shit Dirt is on now when the Shield was ready. *&%^#*& FX.
Old 03-05-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
They originally said last year's eps were only *half* of S6, right?

So now they're calling the rest of it S7?

I still have the first half waiting on my TiVO. I was going to watch it all together, like I did for S5.

I hate it when they blur the lines between seasons so much. Like BSG, Lost & Sopranos, to name a few. I like to know the shape of what I'm watching. And obviously the writers *need* to know. Changing the long-form shape, and number of eps, gets in the way of good storytelling for the arcs.

Last edited by adamblast; 03-05-08 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-05-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
I did read a few weeks back that there were 16 episodes instead of 13. That would be nice for making us wait so damn long.
Old 03-05-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by adamblast
They originally said last year's eps were only *half* of S6, right?

So now they're calling the rest of it S7?

I still have the first half waiting on my TiVO. I was going to watch it all together, like I did for S5.

I hate it when they blur the lines between seasons so much. Like BSG, Lost & Sopranos, to name a few. I like to know the shape of what I'm watching. And obviously the writers *need* to know. Changing the long-form shape, and number of eps, gets in the way of good storytelling for the arcs.
Season 5 was supposed to have a part A/B. They just split it up to season 5 & 6. That explains the holdover Kavanaugh segements in the first few episodes of season 6.

I believe they were going to wrap it up there but the network gave them a season 7 to expand things. At the conclusion of season four they had the story planned to finish with six seasons though.
Old 03-05-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Actually Kavanaugh was only in the season premiere of season 6. But yes, Season 5 was originally supposed to be a 21 episode season before it got split into 2 parts....that's why the season finale for season 5 was really underwhelming.
Old 03-06-08, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Actually Kavanaugh was only in the season premiere of season 6. But yes, Season 5 was originally supposed to be a 21 episode season before it got split into 2 parts....that's why the season finale for season 5 was really underwhelming.
Uhhh.. is that a typo?

If not, is it sarcasm?
Old 03-06-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What, Lem getting blown up by his friend wasn't enough for ya?
Old 03-06-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea really.. Lem getting blown up was up there in top 2 jaw dropping moments in TV history for me..

24 Related:
Spoiler:
Jack shooting Shapel in the head is the other one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.