Prison Break--"Hell or High Water"--2/11/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break--"Hell or High Water"--2/11/08

Old 02-12-08, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
lol @ Bellick "and that basketball kid too!"
I laughed at that too pretty funny. Every time they try to make you feel bad for Bellick, I always remember how he killed that guy's cat in S1
Old 02-12-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by mhg83
dont forget, Michael had his handy invisibility spray with him.
I guess he couldn't get Kiefer's hoodie and luggage.
Old 02-13-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
I wonder if Sucre will get thrown in Sona and be tasked to get that bird book to save what's-her-name's ass.

I wouldn't task Sucre with taking a piss. He is absolutely worthlesss.

at Tracy McGrady Jr. and dad immediately fleeing in their vehicle. Maybe you just want to chill out for a little bit and let things cool down.
Old 02-13-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog

at Tracy McGrady Jr. and dad immediately fleeing in their vehicle. Maybe you just want to chill out for a little bit and let things cool down.
Yeah, maybe chill in a motel for a few days until the roadblocks and everything else die down.
Old 02-13-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Got to love this show - 3 steps to escape Sona:

1) Climb out of hole and hide under Trucks
2) ?
3) Run through jungle

Also it is pitch black when they escape, but beautiful and sunny as they make it to the beach. that's a lot running (although i guess technically possible)

so is bellick dead? this is one of those shows where I'm not sure until they show the body in the ground
Old 02-13-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I wouldn't task Sucre with taking a piss. He is absolutely worthlesss.

I suppose we should be happy that at least he changed clothes. I think it would be hilarious if he was still wearing that jersey.
Old 02-13-08, 10:37 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts
I gave up on this series 2 episodes into that awful S2... I heard they captured a little bit of the magic in S3, but I thought S3 was going to be the end, but yet I just saw a commerical saying "season finale", not "series finale"... are they really going to drag this concept out ANOTHER year???
Old 02-13-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that the strike is over, does anyone know the fate of this show? Are we getting another season or is next weeks episode the SERIES finale?
Old 02-13-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I gave up on this series 2 episodes into that awful S2... I heard they captured a little bit of the magic in S3, but I thought S3 was going to be the end, but yet I just saw a commerical saying "season finale", not "series finale"... are they really going to drag this concept out ANOTHER year???
The writers went on strike, remember? This season was roughly nine episodes shorter than it was supposed to be. We'll probably get the remaining episodes of Prison Break in the fall, then 24 starting in January.
Old 02-13-08, 12:20 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
what didn't you like about season 2?
Old 02-13-08, 12:36 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
what didn't you like about season 2?
I thought the premise of the 1st season was great... the second season was just so convoluted, rediculous (in a bad way, unlike the 1st season) and boring... the show was called "Prison Break", not "On the Run". It failed miserably as a "The Fugitive" ripoff, and lost me as a viewer. When I heard they somehow all got put back into a prison, I was tempted to watch again, but for some reason just didn't.
Old 02-13-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
are they really going to drag this concept out ANOTHER year???
They've hinted that season four will focus on Michael going after the company. Kinda like the bourne ultimatums story.
Old 02-13-08, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83
They've hinted that season four will focus on Michael going after the company. Kinda like the bourne ultimatums story.
that would be awesome. Michael being a badass would be fun. I think Wentworth should've been the star of "Hitman," but maybe that's just me.
Old 02-13-08, 04:02 PM

I thought the premise of the 1st season was great... the second season was just so convoluted, rediculous (in a bad way, unlike the 1st season) and boring... the show was called "Prison Break", not "On the Run". It failed miserably as a "The Fugitive" ripoff, and lost me as a viewer. When I heard they somehow all got put back into a prison, I was tempted to watch again, but for some reason just didn't.
I see what you mean. I don't know, I was surprised how much I cared for the characters who broke out with Michael. All of them were pretty well developed, with great performances and action. The company seemed pretty badass too. This season "the company" just didn't feel "real" to me.
Old 02-13-08, 04:19 PM

So what would have happened if Michael was the first to leave the tunnel as he originally planned??? Am I to believe he correctly figured out that his planned exodus order from the tunnel would be trumped by exactly three people in front of him to serve as the distraction so the remaining 5 could escape as planned??

I know, I know. We're talking Prison Break here. Still damned entertaining!
Old 02-13-08, 04:22 PM

Oh, and I'll never look at refried beans the same way again!
Old 02-13-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
So what would have happened if Michael was the first to leave the tunnel as he originally planned??? Am I to believe he correctly figured out that his planned exodus order from the tunnel would be trumped by exactly three people in front of him to serve as the distraction so the remaining 5 could escape as planned??

I know, I know. We're talking Prison Break here. Still damned entertaining!

The first 3 guys did insist on going first in an earlier episode.. Michael pretended to put up a fight, but then let them.. i guess he kind of did know.
Old 02-13-08, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
The first 3 guys did insist on going first in an earlier episode.. Michael pretended to put up a fight, but then let them.. i guess he kind of did know.
he definitely knew. michael is a genius.
Old 02-17-08, 02:09 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
that was an awesome episode ! Prison break at it's best !

Plot holes galore but oh what a fun ride

Fast paced and sexy, just how we like it !
Old 02-17-08, 11:26 AM

i like how they made the bullet recordings in the first place, but then didn't plan on getting chased to the hideout spot where they had their little shootout.
Old 03-24-08, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was the latest thread for Prison Break that I could find.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7588

PRISON BREAK (FOX) - Nick Santora, a co-executive producer on the series, has posted to his MySpace.com page that season four is officially a go. The posting reads: "So we got word on Wednesday that we are officially picked up by the network for Season 4. This is great news. We are all very excited. We are moving offices onto the Fox Studio Lot next week and we had to say goodbye to the offices that were our home for the past 3 years ... not really that sad because, well, cmon, its just a frickin building. But my new office is about half the size with just a tiny window which normally would suck except for one thing ... I get to go to work everyday with people I love and respect and I get to be creative. So I dont really give a rats ass what our new offices look like! For those of you who celebrate Easter, have a great one. I will be at my home having Easter dinner with family (visiting cousins) and friends (including Prison Break writer Kalinda Vazquez) -- it should be a nice weekend leading into an even better week of diving head-first into Season 4!" A network spokesperson however has told us the network has yet to officially announce any pickup.

Chris
Old 03-24-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts
I bet FOX probably said that we'll only give you a 4th season if you can shoot it entirely in LA.

Shooting in the FOX lot and around Los Angeles is going to save the show a ton of money from shooting in Chicago and Texas.
Old 03-24-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pray that season 4 is set in outer space. That would kick so much ass, and knowing the show, it wouldn't even be that far fetched.