Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--"Queen's Gambit"--2/11/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't wait for the "very special episode" where they meet up with the rest of the Reese clan and have Thanksgiving with them.

But seriously, having Kyle Reese's brother is a great idea.
Old 02-12-08, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Very good episode. I think the show is gaining some momentum especially with Kyle's brother in the mix. I have to agree with Patman that it took a little while before the action got going, but I thought the final action scene with the T-888 was pretty solid.
Old 02-12-08, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goofy4Movies
Though, now that a Reese is amongst them he will be fully suspicious of Cameron... John and Sarah trust her, but he does not. More than likely this model or Cameron herself tried to kill him, Kyle, or John in the Future before her Skynet programming was erased. Look at the scene when he first sees her jump into the van. There's a moment of recognition on Cameron's face, and Reese immediately tries to kill her.
I hope they don't go too far with the obvious "Reese doesn't trust the Terminator" bit. That's kind of an over-used plot device (not just in the Terminator universe, but in movies and television shows in general). The recognition on Cameron's face could have stemmed from a number of reasons. Remember, John Connor sent her back, so she could have been programmed with information about the resistance fighters, and I would expect that he would at least have told her to be on the lookout for his uncle.
Old 02-12-08, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thought this episode was a LOT better than last weeks. And it seems that there's more to come with that Guidance Counselor and the chick who died. That dude is shady...
Old 02-12-08, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
That dude is shady...
Well of course, the whole Skynet future is being sent back to the present.

Has anybody found anything that can actually tell us the differences in the Terminator models like the T-888?
Old 02-12-08, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Decent ep

I loved when she imitated the dead girl in "grief counseling".
Old 02-12-08, 07:54 AM

Much better than last week. I'm back on board.
Old 02-12-08, 08:42 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
She might be a machine, but if I were John, I'd spend much of my day just absolutely wrecking Cameron, if you catch my drift.
Old 02-12-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it a lot and think Brian Austin Greene did a great job. He has really bulked up since 90210 too, looks more like a military type.

I also thought the writing was good, felt very "movie like" when he was saying stuff like "..have a t-888 on my ass" and "....not going to be the bastard to bring the metal down on the connors"

I think the guidance counselor was obviously the guy messing with the girl that killed herself and he was fishing to see if he was found out and if the girl told Cameron.

The turk computer line is pretty good, I didn't see them killing off Andy.

I like the FBI guy, but they don't give him much to do. I think I can see him being told the whole story and hooking up with the Connors in a possible season 2. Maybe he would assist them with his access to government information which would creat problems because he would eventually be found out by the government.
Old 02-12-08, 09:41 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by RoboDad
I hope they don't go too far with the obvious "Reese doesn't trust the Terminator" bit. That's kind of an over-used plot device (not just in the Terminator universe, but in movies and television shows in general). The recognition on Cameron's face could have stemmed from a number of reasons. Remember, John Connor sent her back, so she could have been programmed with information about the resistance fighters, and I would expect that he would at least have told her to be on the lookout for his uncle.

I think the first instinct of the writers is to have a character who suspects Cameron's motives. At least at first because he doesn't understand her and all he knows (for the most part) is that machines of the future like to kill humans, that's their nature.

I would think that this flash forward coming up will perhaps show what Cameron was like before she was sent back. John may not have told everyone what he was doing with Cameron (that maybe he "turned" her) or that she's the one he sent back as the protector, hence the cryptic line, "they've seen me," by Cameron when Sarah asks if the resistance fighters have knowledge of her existance. Maybe they know of her mostly as a killer.

Last edited by Goofy4Movies; 02-12-08 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-12-08, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
You know its interesting... I really enjoy this show, but the next day I don't even remember what happened on it. And I wasn't even drinking during the viewing.
Old 02-12-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeeden
I like the FBI guy, but they don't give him much to do. I think I can see him being told the whole story and hooking up with the Connors in a possible season 2. Maybe he would assist them with his access to government information which would creat problems because he would eventually be found out by the government.
I don't like the FBI character much at all, either it's how the character's been written, or the acting, but he just doesn't quite gell for me.
Old 02-12-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with a great deal about what has been said. If you told me ten years ago that there would be a terminator show with no Arnold, focusing on Sarah Connor and her son protected by a girl terminator, and that Kyle's never-discussed brother shows up played by the DJ dork from 90210, I might seriously have punched you in the face. But it all works, somehow. VERY much looking forward to next week's episode, and I hope Reese #2 sticks around for a while.

By the by - anyone else think 'ol Dean Winters signed his and his wife's death warrants last night?

-Doc
Old 02-12-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Strafe
Much better than last week.
I'll subscribe to that. Then again, it wouldn't take a whole helluva lot to be better than last week.

BTW...who played Ms. Dean Winters in this ep? She looked familiar..
Old 02-12-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I would assume you recognize her as Penny from Lost?
Old 02-12-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
it was very odd hearing her talk with an American accent.I kept expecting her to say "Who's Naomi?"

I agree with all the comments, I've liked each episode of the show but this was by far the best. Can't wait until next week!
Old 02-12-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goofy4Movies
I think the first instinct of the writers is to have a character who suspects Cameron's motives. At least at first because he doesn't understand her and all he knows (for the most part) is that machines of the future like to kill humans, that's their nature.

I would think that this flash forward coming up will perhaps show what Cameron was like before she was sent back. John may not have told everyone what he was doing with Cameron (that maybe he "turned" her) or that she's the one he sent back as the protector, hence the cryptic line, "they've seen me," by Cameron when Sarah asks if the resistance fighters have knowledge of her existance. Maybe they know of her mostly as a killer.
Sure, it makes sense at first for Reese to be suspicious, but it should only take a moment or two of logic for him to realize that Cameron has been alone with John on numerous occasions. If her mission had been to kill him, he could have been dead dozens of times.

Besides, assuming that the point in the future that Reese came back from was after the point where John sent the T-800 back in T2, then he should already be aware that John has "turned" terminators before, and sent at least one back to help his younger self. The idea that John could have done that again shouldn't come as a great surprise to his brother.
Old 02-12-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Her name is Sonya Walger. You'll see a bit more of her in "Tell Me You Love Me", though that show managed to make nude scenes somewhat boring.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0907427/
Old 02-12-08, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by chowderhead
so how did the T888 manage to get himself locked up in jail waiting for Brian Austin Green? Perhaps, they don't have metal detectors in prisons.
I believe he assaulted an officer and waited for them to arrest him.
Old 02-12-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This week's episode was much better. I'm liking the fact they're willing to kill off characters as the plot progresses. It makes it a much less whiny story.
Old 02-12-08, 12:45 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
This week's episode was much better. I'm liking the fact they're willing to kill off characters as the plot progresses. It makes it a much less whiny story.
which reminds me, why end the episode on a cliffhanger, does Uncle Reese live or die?!?!?!?!?, while a few minutes later, the preview clearly answer that question. This isn't the only show that does stuff like that, but it always drives me crazy...

Last edited by TGM; 02-12-08 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Chew
Ah-ha! Thank you, kind sir.
Old 02-12-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
which reminds me, why end the episode on a cliffhanger, does Uncle Reese live or die?!?!?!?!?, while a few minutes later, the preview clearly answer that question. This isn't the only show that does stuff like that, but it always drives me crazy...
+1

I cannot understand the recent rationale behind previews giving away so much about the following episode. Fox seems particularly guilty of this with me having to violently change the channel whenever a Prison Break and/or 24 preview would come on.
Old 02-12-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fanboy
+1

I cannot understand the recent rationale behind previews giving away so much about the following episode. Fox seems particularly guilty of this with me having to violently change the channel whenever a Prison Break and/or 24 preview would come on.

I refuse to watch previews for 24, Lost, The Wire or Prison Break (although why I don't refuse to watch this entirely escapes me at the moment) for that very reason. I do have to say, though, that the preview for the next Terminator has me halfway to this guy:

-Doc
Old 02-12-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't watch the preview, which is why I thought it was weired everyone in the thread assumed Reese survived.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.