Reload this Page >

any news on 'Medium' been renewed?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-11-07, 07:31 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since there's few of you out there athat are familiar with what is/has been picked up for next season, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if 'Medium' has been picked up for another season?

Looking at one of the posts listing this past weeks figures it appears to have a good following with a little short of 8m tuning in.

Next week is the season finale and my wife and I enjoy the show and hope to see it back next season.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 05-11-07, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, Medium was renewed for another season. Hopefully it will find a more agreeable time slot next year.
Old 05-11-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ms. M
Yes, Medium was renewed for another season. Hopefully it will find a more agreeable time slot next year.
Considering the genre, I think it held its own quite well - even up against LOST. It is a good show, and I'm glad to know it is returning. I just wish there were more scenes with Jake Weber getting out of the shower!
Old 02-05-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just started watching this on DVD a few weeks ago and have finished S2. I didn't want to start a new thread or derail the latest episode specific thread so I thought I would post my thoughts here.

I like the procedural aspects of the show, and usually the family stuff too. As I was watching it though, something struck me as just being a bit off. She has these amazing powers and for the longest time it seemed everyone around her wasn't just skeptical, but verging on denial.

Then I found out that it's based on a "true story" or the allegedly real life of a psychic, and it finally fell into place. On the show she has real powers. Not only does she get specific information like full names, places, detailed ideas or visions but she is always right. But the real woman pulls this stuff out of her ass and is probably wrong more times than not and vague when she's right. Of course the people in her life are skeptical every time she claims to know something. Of course the husband is obviously just placating her when she says they can't fly or drive down a certain street or order Chinese food that night. He probably listens to a thousand dreams that never came true, and then when something vaguely similar to a dream she had two years ago happens he has too listen to her bitching about how nobody believes in her powers.

So while the secondary characters are probably accurate of how people around the real woman act and respond to her, it doesn't make sense because unlike the real women the character has actual psychic powers.