Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Excitement Over The Return Of LOST" -- New Season Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Excitement Over The Return Of LOST" -- New Season Speculation Thread

It's been a long time coming, and the reward for our wait, thanks to a certain fucking writers strike? (as much as I support their principle, mind you) ... One 42-minute episode for each 30-day month we had to wait for this!

But I just had an idea ... with LOST returning in just three days, what if we could keep all the "can't wait" and other gushing excitement comments to this thread, so that the thread that is started on the day of the premiere can be civilised, and actually be about the events pertaining to the episode itself?
Old 01-28-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
ABC is definitely plugging the hell out of the return of Lost.

Wednesday they are showing the 2 hour season finale again as a special "enhanced" episode with fun fact subtitles.

Thursday there is a 1 hour recap episode prior to the Season Premiere.

BTW, on ABC.com you can watch Season 1-3 in HD.

Very excited about the return. Now I want the damn strike to end so we can get episodes 9-16.
Old 01-28-08, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
so does the premier just count as one episode?

so hyped for it. hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 01-28-08, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
It's just 1 episode.
Old 01-28-08, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wednesday they are showing the 2 hour season finale again as a special "enhanced" episode with fun fact subtitles.
This is the thing that has interested me most ... if they can actually get some good information in there, it could be just what ABC needs to get ratings out of reruns of shows that are heavily serialised, like LOST. Not as expensive and time consuming to produce as audio commentaries on the DVDs, but it could be great for the hard core fans and easy enough to compile for each episode to include as a special feature for the DVD release.
Old 01-28-08, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
I'm more than halfway through season 2 (rewatching), but I'm going to have to hustle to make in through season 3 by Thursday. This is the first time I've watched these shows since they aired, and it's interesting picking up on little things like Charlie saying he couldn't swim in the episode where the lady drowned in the ocean. You get to watch Shannon and Boone running around knowing their fate, and it makes the whole tail section of season 2 start to seem really pointless. Rewatching season one made me wonder when we're going to get the Rousseau flashback. You have to assume it's coming at some point.
Old 01-28-08, 02:10 AM
Banned

3 days to go!

YEEEEAAAAAH!!!!
Old 01-28-08, 06:09 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Really looking forward to this!! Actually only just recently watched the last 2 episodes of Season 2 because I had them on my DVR which in turn got fried, so had to get them via Netflix.

Then I d/l the iTunes special that lasted 8:15 (clever, I know) and now I'm all set. I have my DVR hooked up ready to go.

BRING IT ON!!
Old 01-28-08, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many Lost threads do we need, anyway?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=520077
Old 01-28-08, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm more than halfway through season 2 (rewatching), but I'm going to have to hustle to make in through season 3 by Thursday. This is the first time I've watched these shows since they aired, and it's interesting picking up on little things like Charlie saying he couldn't swim in the episode where the lady drowned in the ocean. You get to watch Shannon and Boone running around knowing their fate, and it makes the whole tail section of season 2 start to seem really pointless. Rewatching season one made me wonder when we're going to get the Rousseau flashback. You have to assume it's coming at some point.
I agree that it's fun watching these episodes again knowing what we now know.

I rewatched the first 10 episodes over the weekend and found it very interesting how the losties referred to eachother as "the others". Whenever the main characters were talking to eacother they constantly asked how the others were doing.
Old 01-28-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Who "the others" are is all a matter of perspective, as Locke pointed out in Season 2 (Sayid's episode?). To Rousseau, for example, they are all others, while the others are others to the 815 survivors, and the 815 survivors are others to the Others. In the beginning, before that sense of kinship and community was formed, the others just happened to be other clusterings of the main group of 815 survivors.
Old 01-28-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Obligatory "can't wait!" comment...
Old 01-28-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Chew
How many Lost threads do we need, anyway?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=520077
Seriously.

What's the sense of having guidelines when people can't follow them?
Old 01-28-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Seriously.

Before we lynch these guys, it's not a thread about the episode airing Thursday but an anticipation thread about the return of the series in general.
Old 01-28-08, 01:52 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I lost interest during season 2 but I recently watched season 3 on Blu-ray in 3 days and I'm back to loving the show. Can't wait for season 4! I'm still hoping the writers strike gets resolved soon so they can properly finish the season.
Old 01-28-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG! Can't Wait!
Old 01-28-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by RoyalTea
OMG! Can't Wait!
Shamelessly stolen from Groucho.
Old 01-28-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Before we lynch these guys, it's not a thread about the episode airing Thursday but an anticipation thread about the return of the series in general.
As opposed to the thread that Chew linked to?

Yeah, I could see how the thread's general title "Lost returns Thursday at 9 pm on Jan 31, 2008" might not be considered an "anticipation" thread since there's no mention of "excitement". Perhaps Senor Payroll should go back and insert a few "!"s into the title?
Old 01-28-08, 02:04 PM

I am just hoping the strike will get resolved so that they can give us a real, satisfying finale to this mini-season.
Old 01-28-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As opposed to the thread that Chew linked to?

Yeah, I could see how the thread's general title "Lost returns Thursday at 9 pm on Jan 31, 2008" might not be considered an "anticipation" thread since there's no mention of "excitement". Perhaps Senor Payroll should go back and insert a few "!"s into the title?
I'm enjoying this thread and think it's a good idea. Just let it go.
Old 01-28-08, 02:30 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Me likey Lost. Me can't wait!!!! (that fourth one is just for you, Rogue )
Old 01-28-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Seriously.

I am ok with this thread as an anticipation/speculation thread as long as there is a separate thread devoted to actually discussing the episode once it airs.

The 10 pages of "can't wait" posts in Lost threads are what inspired the guidelines so it seems like this thread should (hopefully) cut down on that.

For someone who tries to avoid spoilers and speculation, that type of discussion days before the episode airs is tedious to wade through once you want to actually discuss the episode's content.

I will change the thread title so it is more clear that this is not the episode thread.

Last edited by Jadzia; 01-28-08 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-28-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 01-28-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
My sentiments exactly. The point of this thread is so that the one that's started on Thursday by Rogue or whoever isn't completely cluttered with "can't wait!!!!!!!" or "i'm excited!!!!!" posts.

EDIT: Let me add that I can't personally wait, either.
Old 01-29-08, 07:55 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

heaven can wait

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.