Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Trump did that, everyone would be bitching about the show not being fair because Trump know who he want to win and shit.
Old 01-17-08, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is there really a winner here?
Old 01-17-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No. If I have to pick, Stephen Baldwin.
Old 01-17-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
You know the real irony of that? Macy's has a commercial on eternal rotation that features celeb after celeb (including both Trump and his nemisis, Martha Stewart), none of whom are identified by name (or are the least bit funny either). So apparently it's okay for them to use celebs without identifiers, but not for team Hydra.
Unaware of that. That makes it even more priceless. What a dufus...
Old 01-17-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zuffy
No. If I have to pick, Stephen Baldwin.
I think I agree with Baldwin, too. Stephen talking and using Lennox in all the ads are the only constants and they keep winning. If Gene had more of an impact on the earlier wins, I don't think he would have missed such an easy task this time (though Nelly should have reported what the point was).
Old 01-17-08, 10:07 PM

Strictly speaking, Gene was the most responsible for his team's loss. In a way he did a "noble" thing by bringing 2 totally innocent team members to the boardroom, thus ensuring his own dismissal while not endangering anyone else. May sound crass, but it looks like Gene just took the money and ran.
Old 01-17-08, 10:33 PM

This whole last episode didn't make any sense at all at the end. You see the Kodak executives talking, how the guys was mess and how nice Gene's was and how they liked their message. The next thing you know, they lost. But seriously, looking at both teams, picking the guys bus was a joke. Gene advertised the way Apple does, the guys team did it like every other printer manufacturer, and in a sloppy way.

I don't think I'll even watch the show anymore. Gene was the only person worth watching because he was hilarious with his comments. Trump could have solved the whole situation, just don't fire anyone. Instead, he just fired his ratings completely down the toliet,lol.

Taylor34
Old 01-17-08, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
"Gene, Nelly really screwed up. Now who do you want to bring back to the boardroom?"
"I'm going to bring just Omarosa."
"Gene, I'm going to make you pick a second person, and it should be someone whose name rhymes with 'smelly.'"
"I pick Jennie."

Gene's problem is that instead of spending his time convincing Donald that it was someone else's fault that they lost, he spent his time trying to convince Donald that they really won after all.

As for the ultimate winner, I like British tabloid dude best.
Old 01-17-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ofcourse Gene knew he was getting fired at that point, that is what he was trying to do. He knew he could have brough in Nelly to be fired if he wanted.

I think it would have been funny if Gene would have convinced Donald that his team actually won afterall and Donald override Kodak's decision and agree with Gene and say "you know you are wrong Kodak"........"Welcome"

The guys bus was a disaster. The one guy had it right saying it looked like a dump truck and he should throw his garbage there. It doesn't matter what the "message" was it wouldn't be able to sell in that environment with that presentation.
Might have been me, but that advertising photo of the "knockout" also looked "fuzzy", not good when you are selling Kodak picture products.

Would have been classic, to have Gene in the boardroom and then just call the guys back down and say you know what Gene convinced me he is right and they won!
Old 01-18-08, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by briank
Might have been me, but that advertising photo of the "knockout" also looked "fuzzy", not good when you are selling Kodak picture products.
That banner was a Kinko's-type rush job in the middle of the night...yes it was fuzzy. I expected them to at least go through the motions of having some tech expert try to recover the laptop files. I think Gene downplayed the client 2 too many times. He got away with it on the dog ad because the end product was so excellent. But with Kodak, the ink thing was of major importance to them, and the guys drove that point very hard while Gene's team never even mentioned ink.
Old 01-18-08, 03:33 AM

its a kodak world, gonna miss gene.. not sure if i'm gonna watch anymore.. i have no idea who any of the girls are except ormarosa sp? its a kodak world!
Old 01-18-08, 08:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's face it, none of the females are real celebrities.. I think Gene figured he got his face time, promoted the new season of his show, raised some money for his charity, and now it was time to get out.

I can't believe that the guys actually won, their camper looked like crap!
Old 01-18-08, 08:33 AM

Gene is a true business man. Him staying any longer of the show was more likely costing him money. Only reason he was on the show more likely was a favor to Trump. He wanted to get fired in my opinion.
Old 01-18-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Watched for the first time this season and i don't know how anybody doesn't think that Gene lost on purpose. It ws so obvious that he wanted off.
Old 01-18-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just to be clear when you say lost on purpose, you do mean that once his team lost he made it so that he got fired. Correct? I feel that he not so much wanted to leave but that it was him saying I believe so much in what I created that he felt he was 100% responsible for the end result. He was not going to let someone else get fired for what he believed in was correct and I agree with him. It was in a way the "gentleman's" things to do in this case.
Old 01-18-08, 09:50 AM

agree with you about Gene taking the responsibility there that's why he didn't picked Nelly.

also, i think Alec Baldwin's purchase tilt the balance in favor of the boys. he did purchased 2 printers at 1 grand each, right? that would be the deciding factor on the profit part. You would think that each printer might have cost around $125 or so. So with 2 grand worth of money from Alec, that's a lot of profit.

Now, kodak world welcome is stuck on mind!
Old 01-18-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kodak have been a shit company for awhile when Canon, Nikon and Sony took a huge portion of their market away. That is why they want to market the ink so bad because there is HUGE profit in that field.

Nelly is a fucking idiot for not listening and Carol was too dumb to absorb the info the Kodak rep was pounding on, sell the damn INK.
Old 01-18-08, 10:09 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think if Gene had even made a half-assed attempt to address the ink thing in their idea, even as a little side display, they would have had this in the bag. I can imagine the Kodak execs cringing when they picked Hydra as the 'winner'.

Even looking past their cheap-looking displays, I thought Hydra's concept was a lazy interpretation of the Kodak Execs' message. Concentrating on the price saving just seemed to make it seem like Kodak was peddling discount ink, instead of pushing Kodak's product as an advancement that lets you get more for your money, plus the convenience of having to go out and buy the cartridges less often, having to go through the replacement procedure less often etc. Plus I'm sure there has to be environmental benefits to it... that surely would appeal to some New Yorkers.
Old 01-18-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While I find it somewhat noble that Gene took full responsibility for his teams loss and got fired for it... I think it's just another example of how full of himself he is... He didn't lose anything doing this.. his charity did. If he stopped for one minute and thought about the amount of money he could potentially raise for his charity instead of his own inflated ego maybe he would have done the 'right' thing and protected himself.
Old 01-18-08, 11:33 AM
Suspended

I'll have to agree with alot of the other posts. The only reason I was watching was Gene, the show is worthless now.
Old 01-18-08, 01:18 PM

i'm done watching the show. gene is the only interesting guy on there. LOVED alec baldwin
Old 01-18-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
"Big Al," as Stephen called him, was great. Loved Alec saying "Stephen is so full of crap" and then his feigned "I need to sit down" after hearing Stephen's sales pitch.

Interesting that Kodak stock hit a 20-year low this week. Company went from being worth 30 billion down to its current 5 billion. They missed the digital revolution and this printer thing seems like a last ditch effort.
Old 01-18-08, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher
Interesting that Kodak stock hit a 20-year low this week. Company went from being worth 30 billion down to its current 5 billion. They missed the digital revolution and this printer thing seems like a last ditch effort.
Excellent comment! I wonder if Gene brought that up that exact point in the board meeting because I was thinking the exact same thing. Why should he follow the directives of a company that has gotten it wrong for the past decade? This episode also made me question Piers’ business background when he described Kodak as an iconic company while the guys were watching the boardroom discussion.

Originally Posted by DRG
Concentrating on the price saving just seemed to make it seem like Kodak was peddling discount ink, instead of pushing Kodak's product as an advancement that lets you get more for your money...
I agree. Project Hydra made Kodak look cheap. Gene did a much better job of positioning them as a competitor to HP (who has already done a great job with their "picture frame" ads). True, he missed some major selling points, but it was better to focus on the emotional and artistic appeal of Kodak while hinting at the lower cost instead of vice versa.

I'm tempted to continue watching, but really don’t want to sit through however many additional episodes to see born-again Stephen win and thank Jesus. Count me as another one who will likely leave the show soon.
Old 01-18-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Gene must have had a deal with Trump in advance to appear for just a few weeks because I can't imagine Trump dumping him this early. He could have just fired Nely in the initial discussion. I believe he's done that befoe.

And what happend to Robin, the hot receptionist? Has she been gone the last several seasons? I haven't watched since S2.
Old 01-18-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Finisher

Really? I guess that makes Madman Jim Cramer look like a damn fool with his

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.