Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-08, 12:11 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still think this is a huge improvement over Apprentice Los Angeles.
Old 01-11-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Embarrassed for the Macy's guy to try and dismiss Lennox's popularity but then hype up Nadia's. He was absolutely clueless...
Old 01-11-08, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TyroneJordan
I'm loving it so far. Anyone notice how Gene was slightly crushing Ivanka's hand? LOL. I see them butting heads in the future because Ivanka is a very strong woman, and Gene is someone who treats women like pieces of meat.
Ivanka us a strong woman? You mean how she just repeats everything her dad says?

D
Old 01-11-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Embarrassed for the Macy's guy to try and dismiss Lennox's popularity but then hype up Nadia's. He was absolutely clueless...

I couldn't believe that either, and that guy runs Macy's? Nadia is 30+ years removed from the Olympics and it shows. I'd be surprised if 2 out of 100 people in Manhattan would be able to recognize her. Lennox is far far more recognizable.

Stephen Baldwin: I've been acting in films for twenty years.
Piers: You have?

The whole Ivanka vs. Gene thing seemed so staged. That being said, she looked incredible in that tight-fitting dress, and yes, it would be refreshing to see her smile once in a while.
Old 01-11-08, 02:32 PM

She is stunning, and I were Gene, I couldn't help myself from hitting on her
Old 01-11-08, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I couldn't believe that either, and that guy runs Macy's? Nadia is 30+ years removed from the Olympics and it shows. I'd be surprised if 2 out of 100 people in Manhattan would be able to recognize her. Lennox is far far more recognizable.
I thought the Macy's guy was right about Lennox. While I've heard his name before, but I would never recognize him on tv or on the street. Since I'm the target demographic for this commercial, Mr. Macy's wasn't completely off the mark.

What was up with Omarosa's clothing? What she wore to the meeting with Pedigree was horrible AND inappropriate. When she stood up she had to adjust her skirt because it was so short. Great for clubbing, not for a business meeting.

I really hope Hydra goes to the board room next week. They are way too cocky and comfortable right now, since they haven't had to battle it out with Trump. That's when the real sparks will fly!
Old 01-11-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I was thinking that while he's not in Trump's league as far as money, Trump must at least respect Gene for all the tookie that he's tasted throughout his career.
Old 01-11-08, 09:12 PM

With every season of apprentice there are some deadwood candidates that get exposed in the beginning of either not having the passion or ability to lead. I find it boring, because you kind of know who is getting fired way before it happens. I think the women are clear of the obvious deadwood, know its time for the men to clear some...
Old 01-11-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mariakitty
I thought the Macy's guy was right about Lennox. While I've heard his name before, but I would never recognize him on tv or on the street. Since I'm the target demographic for this commercial, Mr. Macy's wasn't completely off the mark.

What was up with Omarosa's clothing? What she wore to the meeting with Pedigree was horrible AND inappropriate. When she stood up she had to adjust her skirt because it was so short. Great for clubbing, not for a business meeting.

I really hope Hydra goes to the board room next week. They are way too cocky and comfortable right now, since they haven't had to battle it out with Trump. That's when the real sparks will fly!

I just disagree. Unless you are living under a rock, the large majority of the US would recognize Lennox. He was the only celebrity that was getting pics taken during the hot dog thing. Lennox, Evander, and Tyson are icons. They were at the forefront of the public for over 10 years and millions and millions of people watched their fights. The Macy's guy made a joke of himself.
Old 01-12-08, 01:48 AM

The women have NO celebrities. I want to get rid of all the women, then let the men battle it out, because I'm tired of seeing these D-list female celebrities yapping about.
Old 01-12-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
I was thinking that while he's not in Trump's league as far as money, Trump must at least respect Gene for all the tookie that he's tasted throughout his career.
I think Gene is in Trumps league in money even from what I've heard about Gene and the cash he makes off all the KISS merchandising etc.

I mean wasn't Trump declaring bankruptcy 4-5 years ago?

Obviously he has all that property but pure cash I think he's ahead of Trump.

Who knows though. I agree I bet Trump thinks he's a legitimate business man.

Ivanka looked amazing, she must have got a boob job from what I remember her use to looking like.
Old 01-12-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was confused by this episode. They made a big deal about the men not meeting with the client. The client told the women he did not care about star power, he wanted sad stories about dogs. The women gave him exactly what he asked for. Why did the men win?
Old 01-12-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
I think Gene is in Trumps league in money even from what I've heard about Gene and the cash he makes off all the KISS merchandising etc.

I mean wasn't Trump declaring bankruptcy 4-5 years ago?

Obviously he has all that property but pure cash I think he's ahead of Trump.

Who knows though. I agree I bet Trump thinks he's a legitimate business man.

Ivanka looked amazing, she must have got a boob job from what I remember her use to looking like.

I think Lennox has the highest net worth of the group but comparing Gene and Lennox would be splitting hairs. Gene has hinted that his net worth is around $100 million (he hinted this on that VH1 show) (I am sure splitting with the group of course is taking a huge hit). Lennox made around $80 on three fights alone, so regardless, it is Lennox and Gene and then everyone else on the show is not even close (I assume).
Old 01-12-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I would guess Gene is ahead of Lennox. Lennox's take from those fights isn't likely anywhere near the dollar-amounts that are officially announced.
Old 01-12-08, 12:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like Gene will move over to the Women's side, that'll be interesting
Old 01-12-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I would guess Gene is ahead of Lennox. Lennox's take from those fights isn't likely anywhere near the dollar-amounts that are officially announced.

He has said he cleared $40 on the Tyson fight. Regardless, its close between the two and there is no one else on the show (sans Trump) that is even close.
Old 01-12-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Forbes values Donald Trump at 2.9 billion. He says he's worth 7 billion (yeah, right).

Can't find any hard numbers on Gene Simmons, but he's hinted that he's worth 100+ million. Probably is closer to 200 million. Could be more.
Old 01-12-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
Forbes values Donald Trump at 2.9 billion. He says he's worth 7 billion (yeah, right).

Can't find any hard numbers on Gene Simmons, but he's hinted that he's worth 100+ million. Probably is closer to 200 million. Could be more.
Curious to know who would be third? I don't know enough of the side deals of the contestants, but any idea? Trace Adkins?
Old 01-14-08, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I was confused by this episode. They made a big deal about the men not meeting with the client. The client told the women he did not care about star power, he wanted sad stories about dogs. The women gave him exactly what he asked for. Why did the men win?
Agreed, however, one thing I've noticed about this show is that edit the hell out of it to add drama. For example, we were shown a clip where they discuss how they did not want to meet with the client, however, at the end the client clearly states that they did have some sort of meeting but he thought they didn't spend enough time together. There's all sorts of stuff we are not seeing.
Old 01-15-08, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
She did. There's a picture in the Radar magazine on Plastic surgery (Nicole Kidman Barbie doll cover) that shows her with asymetrical swelling after the surgery. She absolutely didn't need one. That said, YOWSA!!!!
Old 01-16-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,194 Likes on 4,221 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
You know the real irony of that? Macy's has a commercial on eternal rotation that features celeb after celeb (including both Trump and his nemisis, Martha Stewart), none of whom are identified by name (or are the least bit funny either). So apparently it's okay for them to use celebs without identifiers, but not for team Hydra.
Old 01-17-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The female team are doom. They can't do shit right. I've gotta give it to Gene, he is willing to commit suicide to stand by his opinion.
Old 01-17-08, 09:14 PM

I think the show will miss Gene.
Old 01-17-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Trump should've just overruled Gene and fired Nely, who is worthless and not a celebrity.
Old 01-17-08, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Finisher
Trump should've just overruled Gene and fired Nely, who is worthless and not a celebrity.
He should have, would have been a good twist and something never done before. It almost seems like Gene wanted to get fired, which I can't blame him for, he's not really gaining much out of being on the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.