Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Light: The Confession

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Still not clear on what Street's dates deal was. Tehy were talking about what got them going, then she said "pee" and got up to presumably take a leak. Did she mean she is into watersports or just that she had to go?
Also wondering what "one r-rated picture" of tyra means exactly. nip?
Old 12-09-07, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ She was into watersports, which freaked Street out.

As for Adrianne Palicki, she has a Maxim-type shoot out and the R-rated pic is one full breast. Google it.
Old 12-09-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm glad to hear they at least plan to air more episodes, indicating that they're not fully upset about the ratings.

I thought this episode served to finish out most the subplots up to this point. Good overall.
Old 12-09-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm glad to hear they at least plan to air more episodes, indicating that they're not fully upset about the ratings.

I thought this episode served to finish out most the subplots up to this point. Good overall.
At this point though, if they had new episodes of After MASH I think they would air them. The strike is really going to suck this spring when everything is "reality".

What were the ratings this week? What place has it been finishing?
Old 12-09-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

took about ten seconds...

http://img137.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_675lo.jpg
Old 12-09-07, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bcolon
ok did I miss something that isnt Adrianne but someone signing autographs hehehe
Old 12-10-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
At this point though, if they had new episodes of After MASH I think they would air them. The strike is really going to suck this spring when everything is "reality".

What were the ratings this week? What place has it been finishing?
9:00 p.m.: Friday Night Lights (3.6/6 HH rating/share, 5.44M viewers, 1.8/5 A18-49 rating/share) posted nearly identical numbers from the week prior, with only a slight loss in overall viewership. Good news though was its small gain among adults 18-49 (+6%). Though not signficant, it was enough to tie Women’s Murder Club for first place on the hour, a show which was viewed by greater than 3 million more viewers.

* Week-to-week numbers:
o Households - 3.7/6 to 3.6/6
o Viewers - 5.47M to 5.44M
o Adults 18-49 - 1.7/5 to 1.8/5
Old 12-10-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
So I wonder if Lance will be back on the football team now that he's done with the whole murder thing or does he have to apologize to the team for missing practice and a game?
Who is "Lance"? Do you mean Landry Clarke?

Originally Posted by Flave
But the whole idiotic "I want to be punished" attitude by Landry has me totally fed up with that story line (and maybe even the show). For crissakes, who on God's green Earth would behave like that? That was truly a "jump the shark" moment for me. So how did Tyra know that nut that she sent Riggins to? She certainly gets around. Maybe it's time for Tim to swallow his pride and give his brother a break.
Well, they haven't mentioned it much this season, but wasn't Landry a big Christian last season. His band was called "Crucifictorious". So for him to feel that guilt isn't so much of a stretch considering the circumstances.

The blow-up between Tami and Julie was just aces all around. That's the kind of scene I've been missing from last season. The camerawork, scripting and acting were all just great. AND it ended up mostly resolving bitchy Julie and misguided Tami. That paired with the seemingly resolved murder case story made this a great episode. Now if we could just tie up this silly Matt boinking the care-giver story... I mean how long until the grandmother catches them and flips out?
Old 12-10-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. It's one of those running jokes on here, where Coach Taylor doesn't know (or remember) that Landry is his real name and keeps calling him "that Lance kid".
Old 12-10-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by educator_bhoy
and do tell where one could find these pics inquiring minds need to know hehehe

http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en
Old 12-10-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Yes. It's one of those running jokes on here, where Coach Taylor doesn't know (or remember) that Landry is his real name and keeps calling him "that Lance kid".
I wonder how long this one will last. Some posters in the Office threads are still typing "Dwigt".
Old 12-10-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I wonder how long this one will last. Some posters in the Office threads are still typing "Dwigt".
I understand that, but for the most part in a medium where typos, bad grammar and misremembered "facts" typed in error abound, both those instances end up being more annoying than funny. Especially the "Dwigt" thing, it was funny like the first 200 times but now ...

talk about
Old 12-13-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
As long as some noob shows up and doesn't get the Dwigt it will continue to be funny.

Originally Posted by Flave
But the whole idiotic "I want to be punished" attitude by Landry has me totally fed up with that story line (and maybe even the show). For crissakes, who on God's green Earth would behave like that? That was truly a "jump the shark" moment for me.
It's not so much wanting to be punished is that he confessed to get away from the lies. Doing what the lawyers say is just more lying, and just adding to the guilt. That's why he said it was like choosing between jail and hell. He confessed to relieve that burden and the only way to do that is be completely honest and accept what is coming.

I don't think it was so much liking peeing as it was being peed on. That was my take anyway...
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
why would that put Street off ? nothing like a bit of Goldern action
That and I bet he doesn't have a lot of control himself and can't provide her with that action. He's perpetually on bottom.

I saved up the last four episodes and just watched them over the past couple of nights. What a huge difference that makes. The season rebounded nicely. It's nice not having a huge cliffhanger. How often does that happen these days?
Old 12-13-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Speaking of Riggins, I thought he was great keeping score of the women's gymnastics team. I hope we're done with his loser roommate. If that character is recurring as some weird psycho stalker, I'm going to be pissed.
Just watched this episode. I loved that scene.

paraphrasing - "no, it's not good, coach. She just got an 8.6. She'd been landing her backflips all day."

and i agree about the roomie. i hope, even if he is back (which he probably will be), they wrap it up in an episode or two.
Old 12-13-07, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by hdtv00
The funny thing didn't she ask him and vise versa why they had went to that site or something. Meaning they were BOTH hanging out on pee sites or something lol.
they were both on the Wheelchair Lovers website. I would think a lot of the girls on that site have a wheelchair fetish, which is why he asked her. Not a stretch to think she'd have other fetishes, like watersports.
Old 12-13-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I saved up the last four episodes and just watched them over the past couple of nights. What a huge difference that makes. The season rebounded nicely. It's nice not having a huge cliffhanger. How often does that happen these days?
Not so fast.

Spoiler:
According to TvGuide.com there is supposed to be a 'doozy' of a cliffhanger coming up in the 15th (last one of the season) episode. It involves a pregnancy.

FWIW: The Writers Guild released their noms and FNL is on the list.
Old 12-13-07, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
they were both on the Wheelchair Lovers website. I would think a lot of the girls on that site have a wheelchair fetish, which is why he asked her. Not a stretch to think she'd have other fetishes, like watersports.
Upon reflection, that woman's reaction in the restaurant was completely over the top/out of bounds. I mean she drops that info on Street and then LEAVES to go to the bathroom? It seemed to me like she was giving him ample opportunity to bail! Which he did. So she then gets all huffy and belligerent with the waitress? She was surprised he'd gone? Come on...

(Plus I never considered that Street may be using some sort of catheder. Which of course makes the woman look even more foolish... how does she realistic expect a guy in a wheelchair to pee on her even without a catheder?)
Old 12-13-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
(Plus I never considered that Street may be using some sort of catheder. Which of course makes the woman look even more foolish... how does she realistic expect a guy in a wheelchair to pee on her even without a catheder?)
Hey, his pee's gotta go somewhere, why not on her face?
Old 12-13-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Hey, his pee's gotta go somewhere, why not on her face?
But how? He's in a wheelchair. How does he get over her to pee on her without peeing all over himself?
Old 12-13-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But how? He's in a wheelchair. How does he get over her to pee on her without peeing all over himself?
Duh, she removes the bag and he pours. I thought that was all pretty obvious.
Old 12-13-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought his last name was Landry.
Old 12-13-07, 03:14 PM

yeah, guys, seriously. his name is Lance Landry.

Old 12-13-07, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Not so fast.

Spoiler:
According to TvGuide.com there is supposed to be a 'doozy' of a cliffhanger coming up in the 15th (last one of the season) episode. It involves a pregnancy.

FWIW: The Writers Guild released their noms and FNL is on the list.
Spoiler:
I happen to know who gets who pregnant, b/c I was an extra in a scene where the mother and father eat pizza together... if you want to know who it is... (and, I'm double-spoiler-ing it, just to give you a second chance)
Spoiler:
the waitress and Street
Old 12-13-07, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Hoonster
Spoiler:
I happen to know who gets who pregnant, b/c I was an extra in a scene where the mother and father eat pizza together... if you want to know who it is... (and, I'm double-spoiler-ing it, just to give you a second chance)
Spoiler:
the waitress and Street
I think its really
Spoiler:
Julie and Riggins
Old 12-14-07, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, you guys are wrong. It's gotta be Lance and Landry.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.