Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Alma Mater" -- 11/05/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-07, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Alma Mater" -- 11/05/07

"Chuck Versus the Alma Mater"
Spoiler:
Returning to Stanford, the University that expelled him, Chuck has to help a former professor who is a Government agent being hunted for a sensitive top-secret file he has in his possession. At the same time, Chuck learns much about himself and about the death of his friend Bryce Larkin.

First Aired: Monday November 5, 2007
Old 11-06-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
They finally threw the monkey off of Bryce's back.

When is Chuck going to reunite w/ the college girlfriend that broke his heart? February?

I love how all of Stanford's spies made it to the lecture hall before any law enforcement agency.
Old 11-06-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So why did Bryce steal Chuck's girl and apparently turn rogue? I assume we will find out that he is a good guy, and probably is still alive.
Old 11-06-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When is Chuck going to find out he lost another girlfriend to Bryce. They telegraphed it at the end when Sarah walked away, nearly crying.
Old 11-06-07, 11:55 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't keep a good show down -- I loved this episode. Bryce obviously has reasons for his actions and I've alwys assumed he was a rogue agent. I'm glad they're beginning to explore that mystery. "Course they really should have called this one, "Morgan and the Master Remote".
Old 11-06-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Poor Matthew Bomer. I guess this is end of the road for using him as the Bryce character after this episode. Too bad Traveler was such a turd.

Found it kind of amusing how all these spies show up out of nowhere on campus. But now they all know each other. Could make for an interesting spin-off.

So I understand it was that Iceland spy's signature to use a crossbow, but it just seemed damn impractical. He didn't really mortally wound the professor, and it seemed to take forever to reload.
Old 11-06-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Et tu, Lester?

This episode made me think about the possibilities for Jill. She's just as big a part of Chuck's bad memories as Stanford and they mentioned her in the flashback, but we still don't know much about her. Knowing now that Bryce was trying to help Chuck by getting him expelled, is there a reason he sexed-up Chuck's girl? My Alias sense smells another Irina.

I guess this means Bryce is no longer Chuck's Fett and more like his Lando. Obviously, Morgan is Chewbacca.
Old 11-06-07, 03:30 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
Obviously, Morgan is Chewbacca.
Old 11-06-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I love the show, but I would like Chuck to kick some butt on Tang at Buy More. That guy really get to me.
Old 11-06-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts
This is the best new show of the fall season. The whole Tang-Morgan conflict was very funny. They need to include Sara more in the show though. Once again she seemed like more of an afterthought in this episode.
Old 11-06-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
i think chuck accepting the reason bryce got him expelled is a weak ass twist

oh thanks for trying to help me out, by destroying my life
getting me kicked out of one of the top schools in the country, expelled on my record, ruining my pyschie, and making it where Ill work a dead in job at the buy more and blow all my potential

rather than putting me through having to make a decision for myself on whether i wanted to be part of a possible risky occupation.. oh yea, and im sure they just stick you in, dont give you any options..

weak
Old 11-06-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Good episode. I'm liking this show more and more every week.

Looking forward to seeing Rachel Bilson next week and seeing how she adds conflict to Chuck and Sarah's make believe relationship.
Old 11-07-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They really should consider having Chuck go through combat training. Not only would it make for some good comic scenes, it could move him out of Buy More for a short time. Although Tang is a riot, I can see the Buy More scenes getting tiresome over 22 episodes.
Old 11-07-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
I wonder if it will ever come into play that Casey was the one to kill Bryce back in the first episode. Or is that something known already by Sarah and Chuck?
Old 11-08-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I wonder if it will ever come into play that Casey was the one to kill Bryce back in the first episode. Or is that something known already by Sarah and Chuck?
This has confused me the entire season. Granted, it's my fault for not paying complete attention from the get-go as the show started slow for me and at one point I was going to give up on it. But, I don't think it's been mentioned at all.
Old 11-08-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ayre
When is Chuck going to find out he lost another girlfriend to Bryce. They telegraphed it at the end when Sarah walked away, nearly crying.

What do you mean?

Great episode. I like the show a lot; it grows on me more and more each week. I think Baldwin is great.