Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Discusssion

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Discusssion

OK. Guess I have to post the thread. I think it'll be fine to keep this one thread for the season.

9/28/07 Episode:
Spoiler:
Atlantis is adrift in space and the city's shield is failing. Sheppard's team must do all they can to save Atlantis! Also Dr. Weir is in grave condition, after the events of 'First Strike'.

This episode was pretty good. Lots of great special effects in this one. Was the guy bleeding through his spacesuit? Not sure if that can happen.
Old 09-29-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The jumper scene was great.
Old 09-29-07, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger
Was the guy bleeding through his spacesuit? Not sure if that can happen.
At the velocity that those micrometerorites were traveling, I'm surprised it didn't take off his whole leg. I would imagine that if enough blood gets into the fibers of the suit, it can look like he's bleeding through.

Man, the script had things going from bad to worse - everytime one thing got fixed, another five problems would pop up. The only thing about this ep I didn't like was the constant mentioning of older episodes.

Can't wait to find out the reason Carter's out of SG-1.
Old 09-29-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
cutting the shield back made so much sense, why did it take them so long?
I was thinking maybe the ancients were dumb and didn't have airtight doors or something so they couldn't make the shield smaller without all the air escaping

as for carter, now that the milky way is safe it makes sense for her to be one of the people finishing/fixing gateway station
and once she gets in touch with atlantis and everyone on earth knows how much danger there is there they'll realize they need a military commander in charge of the mission and she's got more experience than anyone else other than Jack when it comes to gate related matters and missions, plus she has the science background
Old 09-30-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Kill her save her. Killer savior. Me like show with rocks that go boom. Me not know what will happen next week at save gate time, same gate channel. Maybe I go help them come home. Or maybe ask Sam to leap into somebody and he can get them home if he not busy running enterprise.

Go night everybody. ME go home and drink coolwhip and eat brains. ME kidding me not drink coolwhip, much to early. LOL me funny. Atlantis is lost city of alien people not human. Alien no laugh at ME, no think funny. ME kill alien vampire. Doctor says kill wrong because time break down and Ms Jones save the cheerleader. To save atlantis ME save cheerleader.
Old 09-30-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode was a little too "action packed" for me. After a season break I would like a little more down time to get reacquainted with the show, even if it comes near the end after resolving the cliffhanger from last season.

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I was thinking maybe the ancients were dumb and didn't have airtight doors or something so they couldn't make the shield smaller without all the air escaping
Actually, they were dumb and didn't have air tight doors. Notice how, even though the doors behind them were sealed, the team members died moments after they passed through the shield.
Old 09-30-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
they make a city designed to fly in space, and be submerged (or they realized it could submerged, I'm not sure if that was designed into it or not) and they don't make it air tight

maybe since they could make ZPMs at will and always had 3 fully charged ones running the city they figured their shield would never fail
Old 09-30-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
This was a really good way to start the season! I'm glad it wasn't just oh look, we pulled one out and saved Weir! Heck, it wasn't even pulled one out and kinda saved Weir, but she'll be fine in a couple of episodes.

I swear something is going to come of this later on down the road! Hopefully not next week though.

Does anybody know if this was penned after last season's announcements were made? The special effects were terrific and it appeared the script was a lot better. I assume what we are seeing is the result of SG-1 production and SG-A production getting combined and beefed up?

We back to 22 episodes this year or still at 20?
Old 10-01-07, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also wonder if Carter's scenes were re-edited into the show? I had originally heard she would be joining the cast later in this season, so maybe they filmed some stuff to include her from the beginnng?
Old 10-01-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to see Shepherd and McKay trying to get along. Their interaction is developing nicely. McKay actually seems to have some humanity within him, actual happiness for "1 second" or so.

I really enjoyed this premiere.

Doug
Old 10-02-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07

I swear something is going to come of this later on down the road! Hopefully not next week though.
Spoiler:
I'm hoping Weir becomes a major villian. Wonder if Weir wanted to leave show and producers approached her about becoming a villain with a few guest appearances per season or something. Kinda like RDA still pops up now and again.
Old 10-02-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rw2516
Spoiler:
I'm hoping Weir becomes a major villian. Wonder if Weir wanted to leave show and producers approached her about becoming a villain with a few guest appearances per season or something. Kinda like RDA still pops up now and again.
All I have heard is that it was a mutual decision but that could be PR. I would like to hear the real story.
Anyone know??
Old 10-02-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
From the preview, it looks like she stays with the Replicators.
For the first few shots of her in the show (while being operated on) really didn't look like her. I was thinking they had someone else playing her and were going to have her die.
Old 10-02-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mattrk
At the velocity that those micrometerorites were traveling, I'm surprised it didn't take off his whole leg. I would imagine that if enough blood gets into the fibers of the suit, it can look like he's bleeding through.
I was just thinking that the spacesuit would have some self-sealing design for extra protection, like with some tires.

Is the scifi.com site teasing us with wallpapers of Ford and Beckett? How cruel.

In comparsion to the Ori, Wraith, and Goa'ulds, does it seem that the Replicators are the most advanced group we've seen with the Stargate series?
Old 10-06-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just got to the point where they decide to modify the base code
what they should put in there is a command to make the replicators ally themselves with the milky way humans and share ZPM tech
Old 10-06-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Carter's new hair style and she looks like she lost some weight even after having a baby.

It was cool how her group came in to provide cover. I was hoping they'd keep the city in space a bit longer - it felt a bit like Star Trek with that thing just floating around. Who was that guy talking to Weir? I don't remember seeing him before.

I also liked how they left the door WIDE open for Weir to come back.
IF she is alive... I WILL FIND HER!
Old 10-06-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I felt bad for Weir and Tori Higginson. That must suck. We are done with you now. Bring on Amanda Tapping.
Old 10-07-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't really get into this episode. Had a kind of been there done that feel.

Who was that guy talking to Weir? I don't remember seeing him before.
You mean David Stiers (Charles Winchester on MASH)? He is Oberoth, the leader of the replicators, as much as they can be said to have a leader. He was in the midseason episode last year when they first encountered the replicants. He was also in the season finale according to IMDB, although I don't specifically recall it myself.

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I just got to the point where they decide to modify the base code
what they should put in there is a command to make the replicators ally themselves with the milky way humans and share ZPM tech
According to Rodney the code was always there, just deactivated. Activating it is probably much simpler than actually creating new code from scratch.

My guess is the writers have been playing Halo and the replicators solution to fighting the Wrath is to wipe out their food supply, the humans.
Old 10-07-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good continuation from the previous week. I'm very glad everything didn't get wrapped up in one nice neat little bow.

I thought the moment between Roni and Tela in Weir's office was one of their better.

While I do feel bad for Higgonson (assume this was forced on her), I think these past 5 episodes have really allowed her to do more and we've seen a change in Weir along the way. I think this really goes back to that vacation episode last year.

Perhaps it's me, but I feel like the writing is already better as are the production values. The CG the past two episodes has been top notch! Nothing comes off as fake to me.

I didn't watch a preview for next week, but it will be interesting to see how the season progresses. I wonder how much they'll stick with the Wraith/Replicators v moving onto something else.

One thing that is rather odd - Carter is off doing all of this, but last time we left her the Ori were not tied up yet. I know the first DVD movie is supposed to address this, but I don't think it happens until "later". Perhaps it's immediately after S10?
Old 10-07-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
You mean David Stiers (Charles Winchester on MASH)? He is Oberoth, the leader of the replicators, as much as they can be said to have a leader. He was in the midseason episode last year when they first encountered the replicants.
WOW. I didn't know that was Winchester. He looked familiar. Pretty cool to have him on the show.
Old 10-08-07, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing that is rather odd - Carter is off doing all of this, but last time we left her the Ori were not tied up yet. I know the first DVD movie is supposed to address this, but I don't think it happens until "later". Perhaps it's immediately after S10?
I'm guessing a Worf/DS9/Next Gen type of thing. Carter will be around for the movies and it'll be explained in about one sentence of why she's there (and never spoken of again).
Old 10-08-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts

I also liked how they left the door WIDE open for Weir to come back.
IF she is alive... I WILL FIND HER!
When they do they may wish they hadn't

Spoiler:
Ten bucks says she shows up again in some big scale multi-part episode as some kind of evil replicator queen or something. Also the replicators now know everything she knows and she will be hard to out manuever. We may even get replicator wraiths. Rodney will figure out a way to deactivate the nanites(or whatever) in her blood and in a last heroic gesture, she dies saving the Atlantis crew from impending doom at the hands of the replicators.
Old 10-08-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't Carter mention in the last episode that the Milkey Way is safe (AKA Ori are gone) so she had time to work on the cross-galaxy bridge? I'd say the SG1 DVD movie already happened before Season 4 started. Possibly even the 2nd SG1 movie.
Old 10-18-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anybody catch this past week's episode? I thought it was overall good. I wish they could have focused more on the changes at the city, but I think it gave something for Sam to deal with on a personal (for the old gang) and professional level.

I did like the Sam scenes. I think she'll be a very good addition to the cast. Something that is familiar, and a catalyst to shake things up at the same time.

Oh yeah, good times with Tealc! I forgot he was old and grey now. Good continuity though.

Glad to see Tela turn on her high-equine filter.
Old 10-19-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody catch this past week's episode? I thought it was overall good. I wish they could have focused more on the changes at the city, but I think it gave something for Sam to deal with on a personal (for the old gang) and professional level.

I did like the Sam scenes. I think she'll be a very good addition to the cast. Something that is familiar, and a catalyst to shake things up at the same time.

Oh yeah, good times with Tealc! I forgot he was old and grey now. Good continuity though.

Glad to see Tela turn on her high-equine filter.
There were some good scenes with Carter and the change but the story with the Dreadlock guy was horrible. It was like something out of a Next Generation episode from 20 years ago.

The guy who is always whining and complaining (sorry his name slips my mind) is so distracting and annoying. I wish they would have killed him off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.