Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Discusssion

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Discusssion

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
so for some reason I never really noticed before, but the contrast between carter and the dr made it clear
are the colors on their jump suits indicators of their department, like in ST?
Old 10-20-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
The guy who is always whining and complaining (sorry his name slips my mind) is so distracting and annoying. I wish they would have killed him off.
Rodney?

Eh, I like him. Of all the characters, he probbaly has the most personality.

I'm really enjoying this season. It feels much more polished, maybe because Lucius has not reappeared. Even Ronon was interesting last week. Carter has shown to be a good addition so far. I liked the boat dream.
Old 10-20-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I liked the boat dream.
"I hate clowns!"

"Funny, I'd thought there'd be women."
"Yeah, me too."
Old 10-21-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My satellite receptions was horrible because weather was bad so did not see it.
Damn.
Old 10-24-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Stargate Atlantis got renewed for a 5th season

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...0071024scifi02

SCI FI CHANNEL REDISCOVERS 'ATLANTIS'

Stargate' Series From MGM Television Renewed for Fifth Season

New York, NY October 24, 2007 SCI FI Channel has renewed its hit original series Stargate Atlantis for an all-new 20-episode fifth season. One of television's most action-packed adventure hours, Atlantis' success continues the legacy of one of television's most successful franchises. The show's sister series, Stargate SG-1, ran for a record-breaking 10 consecutive seasons unprecedented for any sci-fi series. Produced and distributed by MGM Television, Stargate Atlantis is set to resume production in early 2008.

"SCI FI is proud to bring Atlantis back for another season," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Programming for SCI FI. "Atlantis truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right. With this season's exciting new characters and vibrant storylines, Atlantis also shows every sign of matching its sibling's longevity."

"All of us at MGM are pleased to be extending the Stargate legacy with 20 new original episodes of Stargate Atlantis for our friends at SCI FI," said Charles E. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President Finance and Corporate Development, MGM. "Viewers the world over clamor for exciting new stories of space exploration, distant civilizations and the marvels of technology, all of which continue to be delivered by Stargate Atlantis."

Stargate Atlantis follows the adventures of an intrepid team of military and civilian explorers who travel the distant Pegasus galaxy by means of a Stargate, a portal created long ago by a highly advanced alien civilization called the Ancients. In their never-ending quest to seek out other technologies left behind by the Ancients, the Atlantis team encounters alien cultures some friend, some foe.

Season 4 of Atlantis, currently airing Fridays at 10pm on SCI FI, premiered on September 28 and delivered over 2 million viewers (P2+). The season features a revved up cast with two new expedition members Stargate SG-1's Amanda Tapping and Firefly's Jewel Staite. Facing a deadly new foe while adapting to a new leader (Tapping) and new chief of medicine (Staite) has brought Atlantis unforeseen challenges.

About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., through its operating subsidiaries is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, interactive media, music, and licensed merchandise. The company owns the world's largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units including Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., Ventanazul, MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC, MGM ON STAGE, MGM Music, MGM Consumer Products and MGM Interactive. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in international TV channels reaching approximately 120 countries and territories around the world. MGM ownership is currently as follows: Providence Equity Partners (29%), Texas Pacific Group (21%), Sony Corporation of America (20%), Comcast (20%), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (7%) and Quadrangle Group (3%). For more information, visit www.mgmchannel.com

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 92 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Old 10-26-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool news on the renewal.

Does anybody remember if Tappings original SG1 contract ends after this season of Atlantis? Or will she be back for next season?
Old 10-26-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cool news, but I'd like to know how they think "Atlantis truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right."

We've seen, what, 1/5 of the new season? Honestly, #3 was okay, but not great and 4 wasn't as good as I was expecting. Again, not bad, but it seems like a bold statement.

Anybody know how the viewing figures are? I'm curious if they go up.

I also assume S4 is 20 episodes since they say S5 will be? I thought we might get back to 22 now that we're down to one series and one budget.
Old 10-26-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the sci-fi channel has that many good shows, so it was a no-brainer to keep atlantis. I've held off buying the dvds, but I totally love this season and even just for the first 5 eps, I'd buy s4 dvd set in a heartbeat. It seems that they're spending more money for nicer sets and special effests.

This was a pretty cool episode, I liked the 'travelers' concept. Guest star - the beautiful Jill Wagner.
Old 10-28-07, 01:08 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
atlantis has better cast chemistry than SG1
Old 10-29-07, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really enjoyed this one.

So, some new allies???

Doug
Old 11-02-07, 09:47 PM

Bump for tonight's episode.

Why does Amanda Tapping sound like she has a permanent head cold?
Old 11-03-07, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This weeks episode really didn't work for me. I get the feeling the original plan was to do a Memento style episode, but they they just didn't have the budget/time/talent to pull it off. The result feels like it was salvaged from editing, and not entirely successfully.
Old 11-03-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this episode was alright.

A few more, then the mid-season finale comes on Dec 7, then comes back Jan 4.
Old 11-05-07, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed it, not the best but not the worst.

Still enjoying Rodney's character developement.

Doug
Old 11-10-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Episode #07 "Missing"

Pretty good. Helpless but cute Kaylee and the brave warrior Teyla run into some trouble. Teyla can't find the Athosians and her guy friend.

At the end, it seems implied that she may be pregnant. The wraith worshipper was an interesting concept, probably not the last of Habel.
Old 11-10-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
At the end, it seems implied that she may be pregnant.
I was thinking the same
Old 11-10-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Just watched the episode and it was ok. Was that the first time they've mentioned Carson since last season? I'm curious to see how the writers handle the pregnancy angle since I haven't been too impressed with Teyla as a character for quite some time.
Old 11-11-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Really enjoyed this one.

So, some new allies???

Doug
"Travelers"? I just watched this one and it was very good. A little similar to the Valla/Daniel episode, but I think this one worked very well in it's own right. I really hope she shows up again towards the end of the season since I thought her and Shep had some really good chemistry. And to think I thought she was being honest before she pulled it out on him. How good was her, "Don't shoot too early." line?
Old 11-24-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally managed to watch "Tabula Rasa". It was a pretty good episode. It's hard for me to tell these days if they are doing a base story because they feel it is good, or if because they are trying to do a "low budget" episode. Either way, I found this pretty entertaining. I liked how they handled the flashbacks. It wasn't a traditional 12 hours ago epsidoe where you see it all and then it catches up to real time. Liked the lighting in the flashbacks too.

Oh, I'd like to know how Shepherd got out of those ropes.
Old 12-01-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, about the previous episode, I think we all understood Wooley's position on things.

Now episode 09 - Miller's Crossing.

It was nice to give that wraith a personality by having him yawn at McKay's pleas.

From the first half, I was expecting them to do the predictable thing - just save the girl and everyone would be alright despite the father's utterly ridiculous and desperate scheme. But the second half with the resolution was great.

Nice shout-out to Toyota on the Prius.

Liked the talk Sheppard and Wallace had.
W: I didn't mean for any of this to happen.
S: I know, but it did.
S: Now McKay's blaming himself. But I know better. You know better...

Remember the mid-season finale's next week, which looks good.
Spoiler:
Weir is supposed to reappear in this episode.
Old 12-01-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree that the payoff at the end was great. For me it wasn't the scene with the CEO, it was the last scene where Sheppard was trying to convince himself he didn't do what he did. It's probably the best character development Sheppard has had in the entire series. The episode had a lot of good character moments (Rodney/the husband, the wraith and his sister, Shep and the CEO), but they also crammed a lot of plot into the episode which gave the whole thing a weird pacing. It also required a little sloppy scripting, like how they setup Rodney's abduction.

I'm not sure if this was intentional but I got the idea the wraith totally played the SG team in order to feed. He finished the code before they had even wheeled the body away, yet he was too weak to do that without feeding? Besides, hasn't it been established that wraith can go years without feeding?
Old 12-01-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, humans could go weeks without feeding, but it wouldn't be a pleasant experience for them.
Old 12-03-07, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What's up with Carter barely being in the show this whole start of the season? It seems even Weir had more screentime.
Old 12-03-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought this past episode was really good. I got a laugh when Ronon thought he looked stupid wearing the shirt and jacket. Teal'c and Ronon should go out for a night on the town.
Originally Posted by Chew
What's up with Carter barely being in the show this whole start of the season? It seems even Weir had more screentime.
That makes me more upset that Weir isn't there anymore. Carter hasn't done anything this season and there's hardly any rapport with any of the other characters. I still hope Weir comes back as a regular sometime.
Old 12-08-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The mid-season finale was alright. Just wish we got more action from the replicators. I don't think Carter or Oberoth were in this episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.