Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League to appear on The Batman 9-22-07

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Justice League to appear on The Batman 9-22-07

Just seen this advertised on the Kids WB.Season 5 premiere next Saturday at 1130am.Hopefully this will lead to a spin-off series.
Old 09-15-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Last Season's Finale intro'd the JL. I'm not sure how they're going to handle the JL on this show but it'll be good to see them back on TV.

By the way, I think they're showing the 2 part Finale back to back today 9/15/07. At least they are in Los Angeles.
Old 09-15-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I think this focuses more on
Spoiler:
Superman
if you look at the title. I think it probably does introduce them all. It's also a 2 part episode, BTW.
Old 09-15-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
The Batman is one of those shows I didn't really start watching until recently. Although it's not the "noir" that TAS was, I find that I am really enjoying it, and I have it programmed in my DVR.
Old 09-17-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Is this show any good? I remember the original thread way back when it first came out.

I gave it about 2 episodes and thought it was crap.

anything redeeming about it now?
Old 09-17-07, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by tanman

I gave it about 2 episodes and thought it was crap.

Yeah, that's the problem. Many tuned in, didn't see a copy of BtAS, so they tuned out and never came back. Those of us who stuck with the show seem to be happy with what it offers. But to each their own and i can't say whether you'll like it now.

anything redeeming about it now?
Like what? What do you want? It is what it is. It's another version of the Batman mythos. This show is probably more kid friendly than JLU, but it's still great. I'm sure purists will hate some of the new designs for characters, villians in particular, but other than that I think it offers a lot to Batman fans....assuming they can realize that while BtAS was great and raised the bar, there can be other great Batman series.

Frankly, BtAS was never "all that" to me and I liked later versions of the series better anyway.
Old 09-17-07, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While it's not TAS, I still like this show. It's good to have a full hour of DC comics on Saturdays.
Old 09-17-07, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
It took a couple of episodes but I actually liked the look of the show and the way it distiguished itself apart from the others. I know a lot of people were turned off by that in the beginning, along with a Batman not voiced by Conroy.

Plus, this isn't the more brooding Dini Batman. I'm sure WB asked to make this one more kid friendly, but not Teen Titans campy. Thus some great storylines that should have been 2 parters (like the first Bane episode) never got fleshed out and were hurried thru a single episode. I mean "The Joining pt. 1 & 2" should have been a 4 episode arc. And..
Spoiler:
it made me wonder why the hell J'onnz didn't get the rest of the JL to help instead of just teaming with Bats. It's a frickin' alien invasion. (loosely based on the DC Invasion! title crossover)
Old 09-17-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
The first few episodes were bad. Now the show has found it legs and is pretty good for the most part. Some of high points were
1. A frank miller version of batman in the future.
2. A clock king episode where this clock king could control time.
3. Clayface vs evil clayface

Its a lighter show but pretty good. There is a lot that could be better. Robin had no origin, he just showed up one day. None of the new versions of badguys are better than the old versions. All the bad guys are part ninja. I mean Joker has mad skills in this version and I think that takes away from his genius.
Old 09-17-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Robin had no origin, he just showed up one day.
Actually, they did an origin ala Dick Grayson (episode 40). Batgirl was the one that just showed up.
Old 09-18-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Actually, they did an origin ala Dick Grayson (episode 40).

Right. His parents were killed buy a guy and his gang who was trying to get them to pay protection. Dick even took the name Robin from the name his Mother called him which "My Little Robin". She called him that because of his talent on the trapeze.

Batgirl was the one that just showed up.

Well, kinda but not really. She was a friend of Pam Isley's and they were small time eco-activists. Of course, Pam crossed over into eco-terrorism so Barb cuts ties. Pam was changed into Poison Ivy and take Commissioner Gordon hostage. Barb uses inspiration from meeting The Batman to start her crime fighting career to save her Father.

from Wiki:

"Batgirl Begins"

Batgirl, real name Barbara Gordon, the teenage daughter of Gotham's Commissioner Gordon, is a strong-willed, stubborn teen with an ironic wit. Inspired by her first contact with The Batman, she dons the cape and cowl to become Batgirl to help save her father from the hands of former friend and now villain - Poison Ivy. She eventually gains The Batman's trust and he reveals his secret identity to her. In the year 2027, she is seen in her "Oracle" persona as it appears in the comics: confined to a wheelchair, and using a vast satellite network to advise both Batman and Nightwing.

It is unknown how large her role will be in season 5. The season 5 promo currently does not show her (or make mention). She is voiced by Danielle Judovits

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-18-07 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-18-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
The first few episodes were bad. Now the show has found it legs and is pretty good for the most part. Some of high points were
1. A frank miller version of batman in the future.
2. A clock king episode where this clock king could control time.
3. Clayface vs evil clayface
Another great ep was the one were Hugo Strange turns Gotham into a "City of the dead" and Batman has to find a cure. There was a great twist ending to this one.
Old 09-22-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bump for 9/22 premiere
Old 09-22-07, 06:33 AM

They aired the premlere this morning at 6 because of football at 11. I will watch it sometime later today.
Old 09-22-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Legion of Superheroes is also starting 9/22.
Old 09-22-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Damn they really brought in tons of characters. I loved how Lois looked.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-23-07 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-22-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Really cool episode and I love that they brought back the original voice actors from the "Justice League" show for Lois, Clark and Lex. Looks like next week will be
Spoiler:

a battle between Superman and Batman, similar to "The Dark Knight Returns".

Can't wait!
Old 09-22-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Really cool episode and I love that they brought back the original voice actors from the "Superman Animated" show for Lois & Lex.
I really liked that too... although Lex's skin tone seems to have lightened up a bit
Old 09-22-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liked it a lot. Also liked Legion of Super Heroes.

Took me a while to get into The Batman. I was one of the ones who discounted immediately upon it coming out because it wasn't Justice League./Batman TAS/etc. But it's turned into a good show. Maybe not on par with Batman TAS, but very good nonetheless.
Old 09-22-07, 06:43 PM

Excellent start to the new season. Even my wife, who only occasionally will watch an animated show with me (we're both late 40's), got a kick out of it.
Old 09-22-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I haven't been watching much of The Batman, so I'm new to the party on this. But I caught the re-run of the finale of last season (with Martian Manhunter), and thought it was pretty sweet (but that may just have been because I liked JLU).

So anyway, I haven't seen all of the villains in The Batman, but i've heard they take some getting used to. But i thought Bane looked freakin' SWEET in this episode. I need to see if i can catch the old The Batman episodes now - I can see myself getting hooked on this new version.
Old 09-22-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Watching Legion right now. A dark Superman. Totally badass.
Old 09-22-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

This new direction of The Batman is fucking great. It's like a semi-continuation of JLU. The fans got screwed to the bone when they didn't continue it, so this is picking up fantastically. And, we even get the same JLU voice talent (for the most part). Simply fantastic.
Old 09-23-07, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Really cool episode and I love that they brought back the original voice actors from the "Justice League" show for Lois, Clark and Lex.
Mind you, Clancy "Lex Luthor" Brown has been doing the voice for Mr. Freeze on "The Batman" series since they introduced Freeze on the show. Mr. Freeze's new design and Brown's awesome voice made Mr. Freeze into a total badass.

It looks like he'll be doing both voices.

I'm really happy see the positive responses here.
Old 09-23-07, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Deftones
Watching Legion right now. A dark Superman. Totally badass.

I was thinking the same thing. They're using him and the other Superman in the opening theme so I'm guessing he'll be a regular right?

I also love how they changed the look of the characters. It's like they aged them a bit.

What happens now that:

Spoiler:
that chick had one of her copies killed? I was kinda shocked to see that. They'll probably use some Time related cheat to get her back but I'm really interested in how they're going to handle this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.