Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League to appear on The Batman 9-22-07

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-07, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
Actually, they did an origin ala Dick Grayson (episode 40). Batgirl was the one that just showed up.
Plus, Kevin Conroy was the voice of Dick's father which I thought was pretty cool.

Giantrobo:
Spoiler:

that chick had one of her copies killed? I was kinda shocked to see that. They'll probably use some Time related cheat to get her back but I'm really interested in how they're going to handle this.

Spoiler:
Like in the comics, I'm assuming she'll be Duo Damsel instead of Triplicate Girl from now on.
Old 09-23-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I was thinking the same thing. They're using him and the other Superman in the opening theme so I'm guessing he'll be a regular right?

I also love how they changed the look of the characters. It's like they aged them a bit.
I'm not sure how they'll handle the both Supermen. Seeing that the LoSH has aged a few years, shouldn't the original Supes be a bit older looking, too? Of course out of the men, it looks like BB hasn't aged at all. I like the idea of the new Superman (sort of reminds me of when he became Superman Blue.) I also liked the K3NT reference.
Old 09-23-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts
The original Superman went back to his original time. I don't think he's coming back. At least they made it seem that way.
Old 09-23-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,854 Likes on 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by mrglass
Plus, Kevin Conroy was the voice of Dick's father which I thought was pretty cool.

Giantrobo:
Spoiler:

that chick had one of her copies killed? I was kinda shocked to see that. They'll probably use some Time related cheat to get her back but I'm really interested in how they're going to handle this.

Spoiler:
Like in the comics, I'm assuming she'll be Duo Damsel instead of Triplicate Girl from now on.
Oh wow, that's sad. I was never really a fan of the LOSH comic so thanks for the info. I still hope they dedicate some time to deal with her and not just gloss it over.

...also, Adam West is the Mayor of Gotham.
Old 09-23-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Was it Adam West? Almost sounded like the guy that did the Flash voice on JLU.
Old 09-24-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts
I watched the episode today and it was great. I can't wait until part two next week.
Old 09-24-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
The original Superman went back to his original time. I don't think he's coming back. At least they made it seem that way.
I think the original will be back (if he didn't it would be mighty misleading to prominently include him in the opening credits.) The only thing I can think of is that LoSH can keep opening up a wormhole to get him back from that specific time period so he'll remain the same age. It certainly seems to be the case that they haven't had him around while they've moved on, which is why Brainiac5 was missing him and that maybe they haven't needed him with the inclusion of Chameleon Boy.
Old 09-24-07, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Was it Adam West? Almost sounded like the guy that did the Flash voice on JLU.
No, it's West. You're thinking of Michael Rosenbaum who voiced The Flash on JLU, and, who plays Lex Luthor on Smallville.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-24-07 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-24-07, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I certainly thought that was one of the better Batman eps in a long while. Great to hear Dana Delaney and Clancy Brown again.
Old 09-29-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Great part 2 to both LoSH and The Batman. Nice to now have a distinction between Superman and Kal El and it was a nice touch that Brainy went back to grab a more experienced Superman.

And to the Batman.. I love the homage to the old Superfriends' Hall of Justice. With more Lex in this episode, I found it rather distracting that he looked too much like Prof. X compared to the style sheet I have of the old Superman animated Lex. I think a lot had to do with his suit.

Prof. X from the X-Men animated series.
Old 09-29-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Green Arrow appears next week.
Old 09-29-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
they're both bald, thats the only thing the same.
Old 09-29-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Liked both LoSH and The Batman a lot today.... both very good episodes.
Old 09-30-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm really digging LoSh so far. They've made some really cool changes and both Supermen are great. I really appreciate that they didn't gloss over the death of that girl's 3rd. That whole situation is very mature and out of the norm for a Saturday morning cartoon.

--

The Batman rocked as usual. I've always liked Luthor's assistant Mercy and I'm glad they have her as a badass in this show. I gotta admit that although I'm sure Batgirl will show up I'm a little bummed that she hasn't yet.
Old 09-30-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
both shows were good. LOSH definitely took a more mature turn this season, and I like it. Everyone's more grown up, we've already had a "death" (although Bouncing Boy said that could be remedied), and future superman is a brooder. If only everyone wasn't a "lad", or "boy", or "girl".

i thought it was interesting that in "The Batman", Batman was the one trying to convince Superman to join the league - Then, in LOSH, superman compares Future superman to Batman, saying he had a friend that never wanted to play as part of a team (which is how I remember it from JL and JLU). So why the change in "The Batman"?
Old 09-30-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

i thought it was interesting that in "The Batman", Batman was the one trying to convince Superman to join the league - Then, in LOSH, superman compares Future superman to Batman, saying he had a friend that never wanted to play as part of a team (which is how I remember it from JL and JLU). So why the change in "The Batman"?
Yeah I noticed that too. Seeing Batman all, "join our group" was kinda weird. But then again, in the 1st ep of Justice League Unlimited he was trying to get Green Arrow to stay with the JL. Bat's is just crazy and all over the place.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-30-07 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting to see Kal-El on the LoSH council. I thought it was strange to just drop the Imperiex story. And while it's nice to see other Legionnaires, it would be nice to figure out who everyone is and their relationship to the team. IIRC, Cosmic Boy is the actual leader.

As for the Batman, again, it's pretty clear that out of the JL, only Superman knew Bruce is the Batman. But now Ollie knows, too.
Old 10-06-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah I thought it was a 3 part Imperiex storyline. It looks like he's coming back next week I think. I'll say it again, I like darker tone both in the storylines and the actual artwork of the new season.

The Batman was great! I got all geeked out seeing Ollie and Bats in the Batmobile together. I like GA's new design and his voice actor is cool, but I kinda miss the guy who did it on JLU. But again, I still like the new voice.

I can't wait til we get Hawkman and Hal Jordan to show up.

From the previews I think Batgirl will finally make an appearance.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-06-07 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

I think Imperiex shows up throughout the season, not the entire season.

I didn't like The Batman episode only because that villain was just so laughably bad. Captain Vertigo?
Old 10-06-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Imperiex shows up throughout the season, not the entire season.

I didn't like The Batman episode only because that villain was just so laughably bad. Captain Vertigo?
I just found it uncharacteristic that Kal-El sat on the panel without shouting, "This trial is just wasting our time, we need to find Imperiex!"

And it's not like Green Arrow has a vast rogues gallery like Batman. I just don't get how Bruce can't wire some super surveillance at his own company.
Old 10-06-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk God

I've never followed Green Arrow at all, so I had no clue about how pathetic his enemies are. I mean it was a good episode to introduce GA, but just in terms of plot, it was pretty weak.
Old 10-14-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

LoSH wasn't a comicbook I read and I had just enough knowledge on who is who so this was a nice origin story of Lightning Lad. Again, I'd like to know how much time has passed since Kal-El joined because he really has conformed to a team mindset.

Stupid DVR missed taping The Batman.. for some reason it keeps dropping off my list.
Old 10-14-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

LoSH was cool. I dug the way things turned for LL's family. I kinda got choked up there at the end.

The Batman has finally brought back Batgirl! The ep was ok. I guess I'm a bit spoiled by 3 weeks of JL guest heroes. But it was still a decent ep and Batman's "special uniform" to fight the villain was kick ass.
Old 10-17-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Noticed the other night that they're now showing The Batman on Boomerang at 11:30 Eastern. Assuming it's like all their other late night programming it'll be 7 nights a week. Looks like it started with season 1 episode 1 on Monday. (airs right after Justice League Unlimited)
Old 10-18-07, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 120 Likes on 72 Posts

Actaully his name is "Count Vertigo".
He appeared on B:TAS that intro Talia and Ra's Al Ghul.
I think Michael York was the Voice of CV.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.