2007 - 2008 Drama Pilots

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

2007 - 2008 Drama Pilots

Old 02-06-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 - 2008 Pilots (Updated)

From Hollywood Reporter:

Heavily serialized dramas are out, soaps and high-concept procedurals are in, "The Bionic Woman" and Philip Marlowe are back, and one-hour British imports are hotter than ever.

Overall, the five networks have ordered 45 drama pilots, on par with the 47 greenlighted last year.

Main Story

ABC

CBS

NBC

FOX

The CW

Updated to new pilot location page (including comedies):

CBS

ABC

NBC

THE CW

FOX

Last edited by Ayre; 04-19-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-06-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Eli Stone
Production Co.: Touchstone TV
Production Team: Greg Berlanti, Marc Gugenheim
Thirtysomething attorney (Jonny Lee Miller) begins to have larger-than-life visions that compel him to do unusual things; Victor Garber co-stars

This one sounds promising. Berlanti and JLM. Victor Garber wasted little time ... and thats good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892535/
Old 02-06-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Twilight (presentation)
Production Co.: Warner Bros. TV
Production Team: Trevor Munson, Ron Koslow, Joel Silver, Gerard Bocaccio
Private investigator/vampire struggles with the repercussions of immortality, vampire adversaries and his love for a mortal
I'm sure I liked this show better when it was called Angel.
Old 02-06-07, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet

This show premise is a joke right? Because I realize that most shows now are the same thing that aired in the past just with a small twist, but this seems like it would be pretty close to Angel regardless of what twist they come up with.
Old 02-06-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They could have at least changed it up a bit, like making him a werewolf or something.
Old 02-06-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
NSA Innocent
Production Co.: 20th Century Fox TV/Realtime Prods.
Production Team: Bob Cochran, David Ehrman, Jon Cassar, Joel Surnow, Howard Gordon
Family man winds up recruited by the NSA as a spy within the defense contracting company he works for

This is the one I'm intrigued about. Especially since it's from the creative team behind 24. However, I can see this being a problem for 24 next season especially if Jon Cassar, Joel, Bob and Howard are going back and forth overseeing the writing and production of this show as well as 24.
Old 02-06-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've enjoyed watching the BBC's Life On Mars, so I really hope they don't screw it up here. This upcoming second season is supposed to be the last for the show. My worry is that if its a hit, they'll pull a Lost and stretch it out too far without giving us closure.
Old 02-06-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
It will be interesting to see how they handle Footballers Wives. That was pretty risque and very over the top.
Old 02-07-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It will be interesting to see how they handle Footballers Wives. That was pretty risque and very over the top.
20 bucks says they're just going to keep the character names and the basic story, but make it in the vein of "Desperate Housewives," which in some respects is a very soft, lighthearted, surburban version of "Footballers."

That being said, I'm still curious as to what they're going to do with it.
Old 04-18-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hollywood Reporter has updated the listing to include comedies.

CBS

ABC

NBC

THE CW

FOX

Up Fronts are around the corner (some have already happened).

OOPS Forgot fox ;-P

Last edited by Ayre; 04-19-07 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-19-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

M.O.N.Y. sounds good. Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson=

I always give most new shows a chance, some of these ideas (esp. ABC's) sound pretty terrible but i will check most of them when they come. Joanna Garcia & Steve Howey are going to be on 2 of those pilots (CBS & Fox. resp.) and Wildlife which Conan O'Brien is a must watch but i said that about andy barker p.i. so who knows?
Old 04-19-07, 04:13 AM

What I will Check out:

ABC - Cashmere Mafia, Eli Stone, Football Wives, The Rina Momoun Project, Pushing Daisies

CBS - Babylon Fields, Swingtown (more for curiosity sake), Twilight (I watched it when it was called "angel" and "forever knight"), Viva Laughlin! (I've been to Laughlin, and it is a pit of a town that i'll never return, I have to see how TV changes that)

NBC - The Bionic Woman (again, Curiosity), Journeyman (interesting concept), Lipstick Jungle (again, I watched it when it was called 'sex and the city'),

FOX - The Apostles (I grew up in Simi Valley, and thus must watch out of curiosity sake), The Cure (Love Eliza Dusku), Sarah Connor Chronicles (Anything Terminator and I'll be there)

CW - Gossip Girl (I'll admit to reading a couple of the books and I'm curious to see how this translates to the smallscreen), Reaper (again, I watched it when it was called 'Dead like Me'), Untitled South Africa Project (could be interesting)
Old 04-19-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by critterdvd
What I will Check out:

ABC - Cashmere Mafia, Eli Stone, Football Wives, The Rina Momoun Project, Pushing Daisies

CBS - Babylon Fields, Swingtown (more for curiosity sake), Twilight (I watched it when it was called "angel" and "forever knight"), Viva Laughlin! (I've been to Laughlin, and it is a pit of a town that i'll never return, I have to see how TV changes that)

NBC - The Bionic Woman (again, Curiosity), Journeyman (interesting concept), Lipstick Jungle (again, I watched it when it was called 'sex and the city'),

FOX - The Apostles (I grew up in Simi Valley, and thus must watch out of curiosity sake), The Cure (Love Eliza Dusku), Sarah Connor Chronicles (Anything Terminator and I'll be there)

CW - Gossip Girl (I'll admit to reading a couple of the books and I'm curious to see how this translates to the smallscreen), Reaper (again, I watched it when it was called 'Dead like Me'), Untitled South Africa Project (could be interesting)
Be sure to check out Dirty Sexy Money starring Peter Krause and written by Craig Wright (wrote some great SFU episodes) on ABC.

Also there is supposed to be a new Amy Sherman-Palladino comedy coming to FOX ( ) starring Parker Posey (love her) and Lauren Ambrose (!) called The Return of Jezebel James.
Old 04-19-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
You don't understand! In this show... he doesn't have a soul!
Old 04-19-07, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by conscience
Be sure to check out Dirty Sexy Money starring Peter Krause and written by Craig Wright (wrote some great SFU episodes) on ABC.

Also there is supposed to be a new Amy Sherman-Palladino comedy coming to FOX ( ) starring Parker Posey (love her) and Lauren Ambrose (!) called The Return of Jezebel James.
Thanks for the Tip! I never watch sitcoms ("Friends" and "How I met Your Mother" are the only I've ever actually watched), but I'll definately tune in every week for ASP.
Old 04-19-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, those sound fucking horrible. Depending on cast, I can see myself maybe giving 5-7 of those a try.
Old 04-19-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
FOX: Company Man

Since this is from the creators of 24, I will definitely give this a shot. Granted Jason Behr is no Kiefer Sutherland, I think a plot dealing with the NSA sounds a little more fresher than hearing CTU every season.