Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

R.I.P. Walker Edmiston

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
R.I.P. Walker Edmiston

I was reading through the newspaper yesterday and ran across the obit for Walker Edmiston. (He died last month, but the obit didn't run until yesterday...)

Now, most of you probably have no idea who he is, but he was one hell of a talented voice actor.

He is probably most famous for playing the part of Enik on the orignal Land of the Lost back in the 70's, but what a lot of people don't know is that he provided the voices for ALL of the sea monsters on Sigmund and the Sea Monsters for the Kroffts.

He also guest starred on many TV shows (including Mission Impossible, Maverick, The Virginian, Green Acres, Get Smart, The Wild Wild West, The Big Valley, etc) and was the voice of the Keebler Elf.

He was busy and always had work, right up until he became very ill with cancer last year.

On one of the land of the lost season sets there's an interview with him and he goes over his career and all the voices & accents that he had to use. It's great stuff.

He will be missed.