Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Crimson" -- 02/01/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 01:55 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I liked the dinner scene when Clark went off on everyone, especially when he went off on Martha.
Old 02-02-07, 07:49 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clark must have a black leather jacket in his closet just for when he's under the influence of Red-K, eh?
Old 02-02-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Bronkster

Seemed odd that Lionel wasn't at the engagement party.

I found that odd too particularly since Martha was there.
Old 02-02-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lionel had a hair appointment.
Old 02-02-07, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont these kids go to school?
Old 02-02-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My stupid cable company screwed up the broadcast so the end was all pixilated, no sound and skipping. I could more or less see what was happening (very jerky) but couldn't hear anything.

Could someone explain what was said from when Clark crashed the party on.
Old 02-02-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kinetic
I think Clark took the year off, but Chloe and Lana should be back in MetU by now. I think they said that it was damaged, but it should reopen beginning with the second semester.

Looks like it's been forgotten. Shocking, yes?
Old 02-02-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I just read an intervew with Alfred Gough, one of Smallville's creators, in TV Guide's web site and he isn't ruling out the possibility of the show going beyond 7 seasons.

At this stage, are you thinking about Season 7? Is it officially the last season? If so, will that change the way you approach the story lines? — Beatle

Gough: We're definitely thinking of Season 7. Lots of interesting ideas are shaping up for what's sure to be another great season. None of us are ruling out more seasons to come, so no, it's not officially the last season.

Since this is The CW's highest rated program, I think they will stick with it as long as possible.
Old 02-02-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm really surprised how much I've enjoyed this season. After the last few seasons I'd gotten to the point of just watching and then bitching about how bad it was.
Old 02-02-07, 12:12 PM

this episode had some pretty cheesy background music
Old 02-02-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Put me in with those who are finding this one of the better seasons - sure, there are still some lesser episodes, but even the "bad" ones aren't as bad as some we've endured in the past.
Old 02-02-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Legitimate question! However, if these characters had to be in school, these episodes would be a lot more boring. So I say forget school and just say it's the summer.
Old 02-02-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm really surprised how much I've enjoyed this season. After the last few seasons I'd gotten to the point of just watching and then bitching about how bad it was.
I agree. This has become one of .. if not the best season so far.

Some wanted Welling to play Superman in the movie. Lately we have been getting 43 minutes a week of a decent Superboy movie. Since the Superman movie didn't get a lot of praise, I am glad Welling stayed in Smallville.

On a negative note, Chloe's crying scene at the end was one of the worst acting she has done on the show. She usually can go from smiles to tears in second. She was working way to hard. But I am being picky, she is still one of the best parts of the show.

I even like Lois this episode, much better than the wallflower she was before. I really like the connection between them in the loft towards the end.

Great episode.

PS. Between The Office, 30 Rock (awesome episode) and Smallville, This was one of the best evenings of TV all year.
Old 02-02-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by kinetic
To work on the farm, Clark dropped out of college when his dad died.

Lana & Chloe are technically students, but the university closed after Zod/Lex fucked up the whole town. I guess it's still under repair.
Old 02-04-07, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked Clark's line about how Lois is his future.

But I really hope they get together soon before Lois' face ages anymore. Am I the only one bugged by those deep lines around her mouth? She has a perfect body, but her face seems so much older than she does.
But she certainly runs rings around Margot Kidder.

I still wish Oliver would come back though. He was hot, and I normally don't even like blond guys. I think he looks like a better looking version of Ben Affleck.

I do have to give the writers of this episode some credit. I really expected Lex & Clark's fight in the barn to cause Lana to fall off the loft and lose the baby. Glad they didn't go through that cliched route.

But we did have yet another "reset button" episode where Lois has no memory of anything. But what about Lex? Clark threw him across the room.
Old 02-04-07, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Am I the only one bugged by those deep lines around her mouth? She has a perfect body, but her face seems so much older than she does.
It doesn't bug me, but I pointed it out several weeks ago.
Old 02-04-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayre
It doesn't bug me, but I pointed it out several weeks ago.

Me neither although I do recognize that fact too. I wouldn't call her face ugly or her a butterface, but yeah, she does have an 'older' looking face. Still attractive though.
Old 02-04-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Erica's nose is what bothers me, it's been too smoothed out in the bridge area (I suspect rhinoplasty).
Old 02-04-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Erica's nose is what bothers me, it's been too smoothed out in the bridge area (I suspect rhinoplasty).
Agreed. It looks a little too much like Michael Jackson's nose at times.
Old 02-04-07, 12:18 PM

I read in an earlier post someone say that they thought the screw driver was an abortion device. I first watched the last 15 minutes and thought thats what it was too! lol But then I re watched it (I had taped it ) and then realized it was a screw driver after all. I thought "Damn that's one fancy silk handkercief for a baby scooper"
Old 02-04-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
But we did have yet another "reset button" episode where Lois has no memory of anything. But what about Lex? Clark threw him across the room.
Lex is so used to getting thrown across rooms at this point that it probably didn't strike him as odd.

Or if you need a legit explanation, maybe he assumed that whatever Clark was on gave him additional strength.
Old 02-04-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
state senator's son crashes a billionaire's party acting like he was high and it's likely just going to go away
Old 02-04-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by crystalrubi
I read in an earlier post someone say that they thought the screw driver was an abortion device. I first watched the last 15 minutes and thought thats what it was too! lol But then I re watched it (I had taped it ) and then realized it was a screw driver after all. I thought "Damn that's one fancy silk handkercief for a baby scooper"
that was the tool lex stabbed clark with
the way clark went down I was expecting it to have penetrated him.
guess marth got there ar just the right second for him to feel pain but not be penetrateable

Last edited by mikehunt; 02-04-07 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-04-07, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
red k clark is always great
Old 02-05-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Lex is so used to getting thrown across rooms at this point that it probably didn't strike him as odd.
Back in the first few seasons, the writers introduced Lex's healing and lucky abilities. Although not explicitly stated, it was hinted that these might be powers from the meteor storm.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.