Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Why do they keep picking the opposite of who I want to win Americas Top Model?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-07, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched all of the seasons, and I have to say I love to hate this show. Each season they seem to pick the person I hate the most to win the whole thing. Does the model industry just like ugly people? These women who keep winning aren't attractive. The only season I agree with the winner is Nicole from season 5.
Season 1: Adrianne not really all that great looking. I wouldn't look twice at her if I passed her in the mall.
Season 2: Yoanna she looks like Michael Jackson. When did that become a good thing? She's hidious..... I really liked Catie but they had to cut her hair off which didn't help her.
Season 3: Eva has nice eyes but other than that o my god WTF... She's not good looking. She looks like a boy.
Season 4: Naima is the ugliest of the winners... She looks like a monkey.. I'm serious... A spider monkey or something.... Kahlen should have won she's gorgeous.She was the best looking out of any of the contestants of any of the seasons.
Season 5: Nicole I agree with this one. If Nik would have won I probably would have broken my tv... I honestly don't understand how any of those girls were picked to be on the show... Jayla, and kyle were pretty good looking but the rest were hidious... Coryn looks like a monkey... Does the model world like the monkey look?
Season 6: Danielle? She's a ugly fat peice of crap... WTF...... Joanie was nice... I'm glad Jade didn't win she was evil... I liked Sara because she looks allot like scarlet johanson.
Season 7: CariDee looks ok, but I think Melrose would have made a better model.... Neither really have all that interesting looks...
Old 01-06-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
There's abig difference between what the fashion industry and 'normal' people consider beautiful.
That's why
Old 01-06-07, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because the models are judged only by women and gay guys. Both, I think, look at women more from an aesthetic view, like a work of art. They're looking for versatility and attitude and a different look ('different' on the runway, which is sometimes very ordinary in the real world), and someone who can range from the cover of Teen Elle to high fashion.

Whenever you see girls picked by guys (eg, car shows and mags) they are WAY curvier than models and often have big breasts or a big ass depending on who's choosing, and a fairly typical 'hot' face. That's a bit over the top as well, but I think the average guy would go for something in between.