Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 10 -- "We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches" -- 11/26/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated tonight?
Dustin & Kandice (Beauty Contestants)
15.79%
Lyn and Karlyn (Single Moms)
31.58%
Rob & Kimberly (Dating)
10.53%
Tyler and James (Models)
5.26%
Non Elimination
36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 10 -- "We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches" -- 11/26/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I think I must have missed an episode. Judging by the way the other teams talk about them, there must have been an episode where the beauty queens took an orphan, kicked him in the crotch, lit him on fire, and then stood by laughing at him as he screamed in agony.
Old 11-27-06, 11:30 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
As long as bama don't win, I don't mind at all who of the other 3 does.

Preference would be
barbies'
druggies
then rob and kim.
Old 11-27-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see why everyone was hating on the Barbies for not stopping at the other team's flat tire. Are they AAA? Or the CVS Good Samaritan van? I doubt the Barbies even know how to change a tire, so what good would it have been for them to stop? If I was the team with the flat, I'd be more annoyed with the teams who slow down only to faux-sympathize "Oh, that suuuuuuuuucks" before they continue on their merry way.
Old 11-27-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
So, most folks find Dustin more prettier than Kandice?

"I disqualify myself cause I done em both!"

I have no idea which is which actually, but I do think one of them is prettier. The other girl, in her confessional part looks much plainer. In fact, I think the plainer one looks a lot like the one-legged chick during those scenes.

The other girl is very stunning, even without make-up.

Last edited by Jadzia; 11-27-06 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-27-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
The other girl is very stunning, even without make-up.
That's Dustin
Old 11-27-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
An utterly stupid and pointless episode for that fact alone.
Not exactly since the last place team is at a big disadvantage for the next leg.

The griping against the blondes by the other racers is funny since the only remotely crappy thing I've seen them do is not get back in the car they bashed a little bit. Just about everything else is what anyone would do in a FREAKIN' RACE! Geez.
Old 11-27-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
I missed the damn ep!!! Please someone tell me they now run these eps online and got on that bandwagon!
Anyone? Anyone?

Im glad to see it was non elim since I missed it, but I really wanted to see the challenges and stuff. I despise those sluts and have been voting for them to lose forever. I dont care who wins as long as it aint them.
Old 11-27-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Lame! Can't believe that this was a non-elimination. To be honest, I was looking forward to seeing the blondes get booted.
Old 11-27-06, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Anyone? Anyone?

Im glad to see it was non elim since I missed it, but I really wanted to see the challenges and stuff. I despise those sluts and have been voting for them to lose forever. I dont care who wins as long as it aint them.
Why do you call them sluts?
Old 11-27-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

JasonF

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=484023

das
Old 11-27-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Just as I feared when I started watching this season there's not a single team that I'm rooting for. I actually like the older lady from Team Bama (Lyn) as she seems pretty down to earth. Unfortunately her harpy of a partner makes her look bad even though she tries to keep her in check like when she told her off for flipping the Barbies the bird.

Oh well, I'll just keep watching and hoping for:
a) A nice, nuclear Rob & Kim meltdown
or
b) Another swimming challenge for Dustin
Old 11-27-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
It is easier to name call than to admit they are out of your league.
Old 11-28-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Dustin

Glad it was a non-elimination!
Dustin I want her more and more all the time. Where can I get a Dustin poster?!? I want an Amazing Race store with people posters. Someone make it happen. Anyone else thinking Dustin and Kandice made out in the back of that SUV while they were waiting for the movie studio to open?

I don't know why all these random people are so willing to get in the contestants cars and show them where to go. If you did that in the U.S., you'd be nuts.

How long is the yield? It didn't even hurt 'Bama. Suck. And I think they decided to make this a non-elim when they saw who was gonna be last...The producers didn't wanna see one of the top teams go down like that. And we all know that because this is a racist country, two black single moms can't win. Right?

If Phil gets hugs for not eliminating them, what will he get if they win? I bet the producers are like "Phil, you get to decide one of the non-elims on your own, choose it wisely."

Karlyn: "Those Barbies show no character..."

Karlyn: *giving the Barbies the bird*

Oh, and Patman, yes, Dustin > Kandice.
Old 11-28-06, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All you guys are blind, or something. Kandice is way hotter.

Dustin's also married, if that means anything.
Old 11-28-06, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Damn das, beat me to it!

Ah cdollaz, always after my nuts... still cant get over your crush on me.
Old 11-28-06, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
thanks alot, train.

Old 11-28-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I don't see why everyone was hating on the Barbies for not stopping at the other team's flat tire. Are they AAA? Or the CVS Good Samaritan van? I doubt the Barbies even know how to change a tire, so what good would it have been for them to stop? If I was the team with the flat, I'd be more annoyed with the teams who slow down only to faux-sympathize "Oh, that suuuuuuuuucks" before they continue on their merry way.

I do not expect them to stop, but they could have told them they were getting a flat. Instead they allow Rob and Kim to continue on a bad tire and laugh about it. This could have caused a major accident and it was a severe safety issue that they thought was funny to ignore. Rather a bitchy thing to do. Rob and Kim would still have to change their tire, but they could have done it sooner and w/o risky their safety or that of others.

Anyone else think Rob looks like Wayne Coyne?

Originally Posted by cdollaz

Originally Posted by JasonF

It is easier to name call than to admit they are out of your league.

If by out of "your" legue, you mean "your" are not wealthy and looking for a trophy wife, than you would probably be correct.
And I would call them bitches not sluts as I have no knowledge of their promiscuity, but have seen several examples of them being bitches.
Old 11-28-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cusm
they could have told them they were getting a flat... Rob and Kim would still have to change their tire, but they could have done it sooner
That's gonna happen.

Poor Uchenna & Joyce - I mean Rob & Kimberly.
Old 11-28-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I do not expect them to stop, but they could have told them they were getting a flat. Instead they allow Rob and Kim to continue on a bad tire and laugh about it. This could have caused a major accident and it was a severe safety issue that they thought was funny to ignore. Rather a bitchy thing to do. Rob and Kim would still have to change their tire, but they could have done it sooner and w/o risky their safety or that of others.
I believe they did tell Rob & Kim about the tire. I know they made the comment about not telling them, but as they were passing them they told them. This was just after Rob made the "I don't like that sound" comment.
Old 11-28-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by bralph
I believe they did tell Rob & Kim about the tire. I know they made the comment about not telling them, but as they were passing them they told them. This was just after Rob made the "I don't like that sound" comment.

If you look when they first notice it is going flat to when Rob & Kim pull over, it is a huge time difference. They told them only after they were stopping because they knew they had a flat.
Old 11-28-06, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the big train

No. It doesn't mean anything.
Old 11-28-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you look when they first notice it is going flat to when Rob & Kim pull over, it is a huge time difference. They told them only after they were stopping because they knew they had a flat.
We don't know how CBS edited that clip. From the look of it, Rob did not slow down, do you really expect the Barbies to just speed up and tell them they got a flat? Also, it's not like a pop flat tire, in that case, there is nothing the Barbies could do anyway. Rob and Kim had a slow flat, you can easily feel the steering wheel pulling when the tire is almost out of air. I should know, I had plenty of flat tires in my 14 years of driving.
Old 11-28-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
No. It doesn't mean anything.
Old 11-29-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Not exactly since the last place team is at a big disadvantage for the next leg.
I knew someone would bring that up... But it was very anti-climactic given all of the commotion of the last half hour.
Old 11-30-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That build up to the yield was very lame. They race like hell to get to the place and then place the yield at a spot that bunches the teams up again and make it a foot race. That would be fine if all teams had a shot at winning a foot race. Bama should have won the yield in the first place. I love this show but it could be so much better if they would plan out the legs better.

As someone has mentioned, it is only 1/2 of Bama that sucks. Lyn is actually quite nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.