TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica, "Pegasus" 9/24/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica, "Pegasus" 9/24/05

Spoiler:
Pegasus-Galactica's reunion with the Pegasus sparks a showdown between Adama and Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes). This episode will run two minutes over.

I'm pumped. The preview looks fantastic.
Old 09-23-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Ensign Ro now outranks Captain Picard.

I eagerly anticipate tonight's episode, but I don't anticipate next week or the following weeks that will pass by without a new Galactica. January, please come soon!
Old 09-23-05, 03:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
If you're recording this the episode is scheduled for 62 minutes so you'll need to pad the extra 2 minutes.
Old 09-23-05, 03:01 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I can't wait!

Although I'm sad it's the season finale.
Old 09-23-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
I can't wait!

Although I'm sad it's the season finale.
Summer Finale , the 10 episodes for the second part of the season will be in January
Old 09-23-05, 04:33 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
Summer Finale , the 10 episodes for the second part of the season will be in January
Cool!
Old 09-23-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was one great flipping episode. I tried to tell myself not to watch until the 2nd half of the season was about to begin, but I couldn't help it and now have that same feeling I had after the 3rd season of ST:TNG ended.
Old 09-23-05, 10:00 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Wow... Cain's a nutjob. Great episode. January can't come quick enough.
Old 09-23-05, 10:06 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

great episode.
Old 09-23-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
cain was a bit nutty in the original, but he wasn't a power hungry dictator
Old 09-23-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Great ep. But man, whoever did the music direction for this installment should be subjected to the Pegasus Rape Squad.

What the Hell was that Kenny G shit under the opening segment? And the twangy guitar during Balttar's big scene?

Very wierd.
Old 09-23-05, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What an annoying bitch. So did she really shoot the XO? I'm guessing that the current Pegasus XO turns on her along with some of the other officers - but that may be too obvious, since they definitely had that look in their eyes.
Old 09-23-05, 10:48 PM

Oh....man....

That was excellent. I couldn't believe it when "to be continued" appeared on the screen. I can't wait until January....
Old 09-23-05, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
My first thought was that Cain seemed too young to be an admiral, considering the ages of Tigh and papa Adama.

Galactica's problems just keep on compounding.
Old 09-23-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I'm surprised a female Admiral would allow a gang rape to occur on her ship. I know a cylon isn't human to her, but I'd still think she wouldn't tolerant that kind of behavior by her crew.

That ending was great, but it left me hanging more than the shooting of Adama did!
Old 09-24-05, 01:54 AM

It's like, I knew this was the last episode until January, but I got so caught up in the episode that, by the end, I had all but forgot. So, the "See you in January" ad at the end really hurt me. Damn it. Waiting is going to suck so much, especially after that fabulous episode.
Old 09-24-05, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Howdy all, new poster in this forum. I just finished a marathon of the mini and first season on dvd and the second on tivo and damn am I impressed and suprised by this show. What a fantastic series. I've been hearing how good it was and was expecting some decent sci-fi, but nowhere near the quality I just witnessed.

With regard to the finale, it did a few things I wouldn't have thought possible. Throughout the whole series I really didn't care about Boomer at all, I disliked the character, recognized her plot as necessary but really had no compassion for her, but man... as the interrogator was dropping trow after beating her, I really felt for her, and I got a bit of a chill as the Chief (who I always felt was a little whiney) and Helo (who I felt was a little bit of a wuss) tore ass through the ship to the brig and saved Boomer. Three characters I really wasn't big on and this ep got me behind them in a big way and I was left really concerned for their well-being... well done to the writers.

It was a little convenient that EVERYONE on Cain's ship had to be a collossal toolbag, but if that's the only cliche I can gripe about, it's fine by me. I'm really not sure where this is headed. The Pegasus' fleet of fighters seems to outnumber and outclass (speaking only to the modernity of the fighter design) Galactica's, and I WOULD say that Galactica's pilots would outfly them except Apollo's stuck on recon in the Raptor with douchebag CAG and Starbuck's shadowing them in the Blackbird, so doesn't that leave a squadron of newbies (albeit trained by Starbuck) up against seasoned combat pilots? Not to mention that Pegasus herself seems more beefy weapons-wise than Galactica. should be an interesting fight.

And where's Rosslin in this? Would Cain recognize her authority? Doesn't seem likely if she won't return her calls. How's it going to play out? When the smoke clears and all's said and done, is Galactica going to send Pegasus on its way separate from the fleet? Will Cain be bested and now Pegasus will have a new commander and fall under Adama and Galactica's command?

Either way, I'm now a convert and can't wait to see where this goes. January can't get here fast enough.

Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 09-29-05 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-24-05, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree about the music choices; a bit odd for certain scenes. This was an incredible episode though, and another goddamn cliffhanger that we're going to have to wait 4 months to get a resolution on. My prediction:
Spoiler:
that secret bigass Cylon ship (or possibly a Base Star) shows up and forces everyone to join up temporarily to fight it off.
Old 09-24-05, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
I'm surprised a female Admiral would allow a gang rape to occur on her ship. I know a cylon isn't human to her, but I'd still think she wouldn't tolerant that kind of behavior by her crew.
Her being a female really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Despite their appearance and their ability to simulate human behavior, the Cylons are not human, and are, in fact, machines, just like toasters.

Why would anyone, male or female, object to someone abusing a machine?

Do you concern yourself with how the people you know treat their cars?
Do you harass your friends and co-workers about the importance of regular oil changes?

The fact that these two cylons have the appearance of female humans doesn't make them worthy of any concern or (gods forbid) compassion.

If ten men had sex with the same blow-up doll, would you call that a gang rape?
It definitely wouldn't be sanitary, but are they committing a crime?
If the doll gets punctured, are they guilty of murder?

A friend of mine got mad and threw his cell phone against the wall. It broke apart. He threw it in the trash. Did he commit murder and dispose of the body, or did he throw away a broken machine?

The show has set it up so we will be sympathetic to Boomer, or rather this copy of Boomer.
And we are sympathetic and even supportive of the Galactica's crews' efforts to protect her.
But she is a toaster. And when I see a toaster in the dumpster, I don't care.

The question is: Do the same viewers who don't want to see a machine "raped" or kicked around on this TV show, think that in real life, the powers-that-be should be rounding up suspects and poking them with cattle prods to get information about possible terrorist attacks?
Old 09-24-05, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Her being a female really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Despite their appearance and their ability to simulate human behavior, the Cylons are not human, and are, in fact, machines, just like toasters.

Why would anyone, male or female, object to someone abusing a machine?
Because this Cylon "machine" female is virtually indistinguishable from a human female, and encouraging rape by her crew could lead to the some of the crew learning to like it, and then one day raping some non-Cylon human females as well.
Old 09-24-05, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac
Because this Cylon "machine" female is virtually indistinguishable from a human female, and encouraging rape by her crew could lead to the some of the crew learning to like it, and then one day raping some non-Cylon human females as well.
No, no, they'll only do that if they see it on the TV.
Old 09-24-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
It depends on your definition of a machine. If humans were to perfect cloning, and those clones could think, feel pain, reason, possess some measure of free will, and reproduce sexually, would they be okay to rape, torture, and vivisect? The fact that these Cylons are indistinguishable from humans without extraordinarily time-consuming tests makes me look at them more as genetically engineered weapons than machines. If you want to disable a weapon, destroy it. Considering that these are weapons constructed by genocidal machines, I wouldn't expect much restraint during interrogation, but I still wouldn't condone gang rape.
Old 09-24-05, 10:18 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
It depends on your definition of a machine. If humans were to perfect cloning, and those clones could think, feel pain, reason, possess some measure of free will, and reproduce sexually, would they be okay to rape, torture, and vivisect? The fact that these Cylons are indistinguishable from humans without extraordinarily time-consuming tests makes me look at them more as genetically engineered weapons than machines. If you want to disable a weapon, destroy it. Considering that these are weapons constructed by genocidal machines, I wouldn't expect much restraint during interrogation, but I still wouldn't condone gang rape.

I'm not condoning gang rape or anything, but I have a feeling that Cain's turning a blind eye to it on the cylon probably stems from them having been a solo ship alone for a long time mixed with their utter hatred for cylons (esp. since Cain mentioned they lost 700 crew members during the attack).

Add that with Count Dooku's view (from the Colonial side) that cylons are nothing more than souless "toasters", and I have no doubt that Cain probably okayed it after being convinced by the "cylon interrogator" (who was a real dirtbag, and probably would have tried to do this with any kind of female prisoner of any sort).

Also, the Galactica has a Baltar + they had a cylon as one of their own, as opposed to Pegasus who probably just captured their cylon. The interactions of the crews with the human cyclons are different enough to distinguish between "almost human" or "just a machine" (and even then, many on the Galactica still feel the latter).

Finally, Adama is just the better leader

I'm thinking that the civilian deck chief from Pegasus will ultimately stay on Pegasus since having a aeronautical engineer will probably allow Galactica to have some cool nifty fighters later on in the series
Old 09-24-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the music on this one. It stood out instantly.

When they brought up that title card saying that, "This segment contains violent and disturbing images..." I was wondering what the hell was going to happen.

I sure as heck didn't think that an interrogator was going to try to rape Sharon after about 3 questions. It's obvious that he had to die, for Sharon and for the treatment of Pegasus' Six.

When Six and Baltar turned the corner and were looking in the window at the other Cylon, who did you think it was?

I was thinking it might be President Roslyn. But then seeing how surprised and upset Six was, it wouldn't make sense, because she 'knows' everything, she shouldn't be surprised.

Bring on January.

cfg
www.slingitaround.com
www.tikicoladas.com
Old 09-24-05, 11:43 AM

Why was Six surprised anyway? I thought all of the Cylons were linked somehow- for example didn't Boomer v2.0 remember what Boomer v1.0 did?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.