Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 7 --2 hrs Season Finale--05/10/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will win the million dollars?
Rob and Amber
45.00%
Ron and Kelly
1.25%
Uchenna and Joyce
53.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 7 --2 hrs Season Finale--05/10/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-05, 10:35 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, good for U+J that they won. However, I do believe that R+A were the better racers throughout the competition. Everyone complained about luck, well I call it determination.

Just a shame that one grey incident (U+J making the flight) decided this race. But hey, R+A are doing fine together so I can have peace with it!
Old 05-11-05, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
"I think last night the difference was them turning the plane around to come back and pick up Uchenna and Joyce. If not, we were smooth sailing out of there," Rob says.

But when the jetway came back, Joyce says she thought she was going to faint. "We looked at each other, and we were like 'No way,'" Uchenna says.

Joyce adds, "I actually looked up, and I was, like, thank you, God. This is a miracle. There's no way. That never happens. It never happens."
Terrible.

I guess CBS felt like the haters did. R/A didn't need the $$, even though they ran the far superior race.
Old 05-11-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chowderhead
I don't care if the producers had anything to do holding up the plane but they clearly showed that the gate agents asked the pilot and the pilot said ok. The flight was delayed anyway, and so like movieking said, the producers didn't plan on any team being able to catch this flight and that all teams would make the later flight.
Old 05-12-05, 01:12 AM

Well I'm glad that karma came around to Rob and Amber, for example Ron telling the Parking Attendant to lie (just like Rob did), Uchenna and Joyce making the flight while Rob & Amber get those wtf faces (just like Rob did to them before), the taxi cab driver "leaving" Rob & Amber while they are trying to find the cigar shop (no one could care less about you Rob since your back in the good ol' USA).

I read the spoiler so I knew who won, but the last 15 minutes was suspenseful like the heck.

Congrats to Uchenna & Joyce!!
Old 05-12-05, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just watched it, and I thought it was a terrible end to the race. I have a hard time believing there wasn't any CBS intervention in getting the plane to come back. That Flight was originally scheduled for 8:00 but was delayed until almost 10:00. I doubt any pilot would come back to the gate to pickup 2 stand-by passengers when they are already 2 hours behind schedule. If I was one of the other passengers, I would have seriously pissed.
Old 05-12-05, 07:27 AM

Well, the flight intervention notwithstanding, producers made the same mistake as in past seasons and planned no challenges at the final destination city. There should be at least one roadblock/detour before the finish line and it should be difficult to finish quickly. Having the winner depend so heavily on whether or not they make a flight is very disappointing.

TAR 5 winners Chip & Kim also could not pay a cabbie. However, the cabbie agreed to let them slide due to 1) Chip's pleading and personality and 2) it wasn't in the US.

I was also disappointed that U&J are going to give a big chunk of their money to doctors for IV. Why not just skip it, head straight to Africa and give one or a few of those kids a home.

I still have a lot of respect for Rob & Amber and think they are really the better racers. Amber is wonderful. You never hear her whine or complain. Joyce OTOH was boo-hooing while Uchenna was begging and Kelly was a constant pain in the ass.
Old 05-12-05, 08:11 AM

I was also disappointed that U&J are going to give a big chunk of their money to doctors for IV.
Actually, I read an interview with U&J that said their doctor has offered to do the IV for free.
Old 05-12-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteveBlair
Actually, I read an interview with U&J that said their doctor has offered to do the IV for free.
They also said this during the segment on The Early Show yesterday.
Old 05-12-05, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by SteveBlair
Wow, that's cool. Thanks for the info. I still hope they will adopt, whether or not the IV works out.
Old 05-12-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Wow - that editting sucked complete ass. You knew U/J were going to win that thing for the last fifteen minutes.

I didn't mind U/J winning until they were running to the finish line and Patrick was clenching his hands and repeating U/J's names and then they cut to L/A jumping up and down. My eyes rolled all the way back into my head and almost didn't come out.

Every Race - the team I root for the most finishes second. I'm sick of this crap.
Old 05-12-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Wow - that editting sucked complete ass. You knew U/J were going to win that thing for the last fifteen minutes.

I didn't mind U/J winning until they were running to the finish line and Patrick was clenching his hands and repeating U/J's names and then they cut to L/A jumping up and down. My eyes rolled all the way back into my head and almost didn't come out.

Every Race - the team I root for the most finishes second. I'm sick of this crap.
I didn't mind them showing L/A because it reminded me that those two spiteful, annoying bitches didn't win. Did you know they were gay? Yes way!
Old 05-12-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I didn't mind them showing L/A because it reminded me that those two spiteful, annoying bitches didn't win.
Good point.
Old 05-13-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's the next morning and I have finally read this entire thread. Glad to see I wasn't the only one a little pissed about the two stand-by passengers getting on board the plane after the doors were closed and the jetway was pulled away. It's smelled fishy while we were watching it...

The finals of TAR are often anti-climactic. I echo the calls of several of you that the final leg should be the most physically/mentally challenging leg of the race.
Old 05-13-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I didn't mind U/J winning until they were running to the finish line and Patrick was clenching his hands and repeating U/J's names

Well he consistently acts like a little girl when it comes to Romber. Remember the TV Guide interview with him I posted last month.
Old 05-13-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That article immediately came to mind. Then when Phil was talking to Romber, they showed him again and he had this smug smile on his face. I'm just happy he was gone from the race long ago.
Old 05-13-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad that little whiney bitch came nowhere near winning. Ditto for the gays.