TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Direct TV Guide?

Old 12-23-04, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Direct TV Guide?

Is anyone else having an issue with the guide in Direct TV only displaying "To Be Announced" for everything after an hour in the future? I wanted to record something on tivo for tomorrow, and every channel says "to be announced."

I did a manual daily call but that did nothing.....
Old 12-23-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I take it you have a DirecTiVo, yes?

Check your "Channels I Receive" list. In the past there has been the occasional bug which un-checks all your channels, which makes the TiVo "think" you don't get any channels. The guida data is still on the hard drive so re-checking the channels usually fixes it.

If that doesn't do it, go into the menus and find "Restart the Recorder". Follow the instructions and reboot it.
Old 12-23-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
One thing to add... Asuuming you have a DirecTiVo, your guide data is taken off of the satellite and not from your daily call, so a manual phone call won't do anything.
Old 12-23-04, 09:44 PM

thanks for the tips, guys- I appreciate it. I do have the direct tivo... All of my channels are still checked; restarting also did nothing... looks like I have to give them a call.... Wish me luck!

Kram

Last edited by kramdenfan; 12-23-04 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-23-04, 10:11 PM

Well- I actually got a guy who seemed to know what he was doing, Brian!

It's all fixed now- here's what we went through:

1.) had me unplug the power to the tivo, then unplug the sat 1 and 2 lines in for 30 seconds. Plug back in and power on. Did nothing
2.) had me go to the signal strength screen and cycle throughall the transponders on sat A from 1-32. This did the trick!

He said it is a bug, but one that doesn't happen very often. He was actually a bit suprised that #2 solved it- it was apparently in the manual he was referring to, but had a note that it doesn't often work. Thankfully it did for me!
Old 12-24-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
I've had this happen to me before too. I just waited it out. If he wasn't expecting it to work, I wonder what the next steps were?
Old 12-24-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had that happen also - unplug it, and start it up again. The data will slowly repopulate over the next two days.