DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
Actually it was warrior not hunter.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-09-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I meant to add this to last weeks but never did.

Does anyone else get a strange feeling about Boone and Shannon, the 'siblings'?

Whenever they arrive on screen, they are always together, 'coming back' from somewhere.......all disheveled.

I'm just sayin'.....

CFG!
Old 12-09-04, 09:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack's dad's first name is Christian.

His name is Christian Shepard. Sheesh.
Old 12-09-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a play-by-play recap of last night's episode posted somewhere?
Old 12-09-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by thenetstud
Nobody has mentioned Walt yet. He rolled the dice and got exactly what he had hoped for everytime when playing Hurley. He went on to say his "dad" said something like he is the luckiest person he knows. Obviously this will play some part down the road...any ideas?
It might have something to do with him being a kid. Kids might be the key to get off the island. All of the kids wishes have come true, and so has everyone else's.

We could call this "The Island of Wishes".
Old 12-09-04, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if... the island is a 'wish-granter' of sorts, but only for really really intense wishes (Locke's paralysis, Charlie living). And what if there's something about children being more able to tap into their fantasies and have intense wishes, and having those wishes granted (like Walt and the dice)? So, perhaps Claire was kidnapped so that the other islanders could raise the baby and have it wish for certain things. Crazy, I know, and a bit like Twilight Zone's "It's a Good Life."

[EDIT] Iron Giant beat me to it, while I was typing this post!
Old 12-09-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by outer-edge
I think it's possible Charlie was dead. Jack's wish, at that moment at least, was to save him and get some redemption for himself ... and it happened. Not the first time people have gotten what they wanted. Plus, Charlie's acting a bit strange. Understandable for the circumstances, but this could signal a chance in him as well, if the event affected somehow. Probably just the simple, sappy moment it was however.

My wife is also firmly in the belief that "they" want the baby for exactly the reason the pyschic wanted to keep it away from others and wanted Claire only to raise it. Perhaps "they" had forknowledge of all this, or helped cause it, or just got lucky?

Speculation and confusion continues ...
The island is giving everyone what they wanted/needed:
No longer on the run, can now walk, time to spend with his real dad, off drugs...

*My wife also pointed out the Hurley should have lost some weight by now or we should see some weight loose soon.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 12-09-04 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-09-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
It seems we get further and further away from "scientifically possible" with each successive weekly thread.
I've come to believe that Abram was not misquote and he meant to say "scientologically possible"

Another great episode. But with all of that pounding, shouldn't Charlie's sternum be broken? I was thinking that maybe Charlie just had something stuck in his throat to prevent breathing.
Old 12-09-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
what a good hobbit, leaving clues for the others to follow.

i agree that if charlie had stayed dead, it would have been more powerful, but the scene itself was amazing. as they just walk up and see him standing there. What if Jack had quit, as Kate had requested? obviously he would have been dead.

the flashbacks weren't as revealing as other shows, mainly because this was a common speculation as to what Jack "did" to his father. but it still provided a good setup for Jack's redemption with Charlie, as he wouldn't quit.

but i do agree that Charlie would have had some brain damage after being without oxygen for so long.

i loved the smirk from sawyer after walt's comment about lying about your name.

damn this show for making me wait three weeks!
Old 12-09-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts
We really don't know how long Charlie was strung up there for. Remember that it would have to be after the fight, and I forget how long Kate said he was out. Also Ethan would have to realize they were being tailed. Then he would have to get up that tree with Charlie, and string him up. That setup didn't look like a 5 minute procedure. I also don't think his neck would have been broken since he didn't drop him 20 feet to hang him, he just strung him up. He could have been up there for 30 seconds and stopped struggling the moment he was found for all we know.
Old 12-09-04, 10:50 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by thenetstud
Nobody has mentioned Walt yet. He rolled the dice and got exactly what he had hoped for everytime when playing Hurley. He went on to say his "dad" said something like he is the luckiest person he knows. Obviously this will play some part down the road...any ideas?
Between Walt's run at backgammon and Jack's being able to revive Charlie, this episode gave us the strongest evidence yet for the Magiwish Island Penninsula theory.
Old 12-09-04, 11:06 AM

PLEASE, if you mention a spoiler about another show like 24 or Alias, put it in spoiler tags. Things that have already happened on Lost don't need spoiler tags because it is the show being discussed.

I, and many others, probably have an interest in catching up on Alias after getting into this show. I would like to be able to see the show without knowing what may/may not happen.

---------------------

I agree about Boone and his sister. Something seems exceptionally strange between them.

I also thought (and still think) that Locke has another side to him that hasn't been seen. His time with Ethan, the fact that he saw "something" in the forest several episodes ago, and his earnest try at getting Boone to leave before it got dark or dangerous, make this seem even more likely.

Still no sign of the overweight black lady.
Old 12-09-04, 11:38 AM

Since we are questioning some of the logic in yesterday's show, let me jump in. How does Ethan manage to drag two adults (one of them pregnant) all by himself? Does he drug them? At the end of the show, Charlie mentions that he remembers nothing. Is that an indication that he was drugged? Are there other people helping Ethan out with this kidnapping? If Charlie and Claire were not drugged and Ethan is acting alone, you would think that two adults would put up a better fight against Ethan (or atleast Claire would try to escape while Ethan is stringing up Charlie).

Missing for the past couple of weeks from the show: The Chinese couple, Walt's dog and the black lady who lost her husband in the crash.

Hopefully, there would be some type of logical explanation to everything when the show resumes
Old 12-09-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was only a matter of time before the networks started copying other hits. What's next, Desperate House husbands?

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/35778.htm
Old 12-09-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Lost" scored an 11.4/18 for ABC at 8 p.m., the show's highest ratings in several weeks. CBS was a distant second with "60 Minutes," 5.9/9, and the NBC special "A Clay Aiken Christmas" was third at 5.6/9. FOX's broadcast of the Billboard Music Awards was fourth for the hour. "America's Next Top Model" was fifth with a 3.5/6. The first of two repeats of "Smallville" on The WB came in sixth.
Old 12-09-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SpringsGal
Missing for the past couple of weeks from the show: The Chinese couple, Walt's dog and the black lady who lost her husband in the crash.

Hopefully, there would be some type of logical explanation to everything when the show resumes
They are Korean not Chinese.
Old 12-09-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riley_dude
It was only a matter of time before the networks started copying other hits. What's next, Desperate House husbands?

It doesn't surprise me that networks are trying to capitalize the success of the show by making something similar, is just funny that Fox is the first one out of the gate. This is the same network that had quality shows but cancel them without giving them a chance.
Old 12-09-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
the dog was in the episode last night.

The lady that lost her husband has been gone for some time... not sure where she went.

Jack and Locke already mentioned the fact that it must have been more than one person. and Charlie said "They" indicating more than one.

and fox has been copying shows left and right... and they seem to love copying ABC. they copy wife swap, extreme makeover home edition, now Lost? but at least this copy isn't a blatant rip-off.
Old 12-09-04, 12:09 PM

Ethan could have used a gun. Plus he seems pretty strong since he beat the snot out of Jack.

Walt's dog was in this episode, remember he wanted to use him to help track Claire and Charlie hoping he would sniff something.
Old 12-09-04, 12:23 PM

Thanks for the information about Walt's dog. I must have missed out on that part. And again my mistake, when I referred to the couple as Chinese.....obviously, they are Korean

As far as the rest, my point still stands and that being there is a logical conclusion/answers to all that took place in last night's episode. We still do not know if there are any other strangers (other than Ethan and the Frenchwoman) on the island. Just speculations and hints dropped that there possibly could be others.

I wish we did not have to wait 3 weeks to find out what happens next.
Old 12-09-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SpringsGal
...And again my mistake, when I referred to the couple as Chinese.....obviously, they are Korean
I'll refrain from telling you what the difference is in this thread. Might want to do a search in google.
Old 12-09-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts
I sure hope Fox realizes that the "dark side of the moon" is an expression! (also a Pink Floyd album, but hey...)

Locke is a great character in that some people think he's evil and others don't, and his actions always seem a degree off-center. I see him as someone who has been given a new chance, and is taking it all the way. I'm thinkin' he's gonna be one the real good guys.

Charlie's near-death scene ... didn't wanna lose the character but didn't wanna see a cheesy revival either. For those thinking he should have brain damage, perhaps he does. Maybe his memory was affected (short-term?). Or, maybe he was blindfolded right away and really didn't see anything.

As far as Ethan dragging off both people - Ethan could have a companion ("they") that we haven't seen. Ethan could've dragged Charlie off one way and the "companion" took Clair another way, resulting in the two trails that were followed.

The metal thing that Locke and Boone found? The entire island is a huge scientific enclosure covered with jungle camouflage! No! It's a spaceship that crashed on Earth thousands of years ago! No! It's a tunnel to the Real World!! NO!!

These threads are fun.
Old 12-09-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riley_dude

As long as it kills a reality show in the process,
Old 12-09-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
"Lost" scored an 11.4/18 for ABC at 8 p.m., the show's highest ratings in several weeks. CBS was a distant second with "60 Minutes," 5.9/9, and the NBC special "A Clay Aiken Christmas" was third at 5.6/9.
I am glad Lost won again and that Clay Aiken came in 3rd. I am hoping his 15 minutes is almost up.
Old 12-09-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Booth
Put my vote in the "Island Saved Charlie" column. After all, this is the island that allowed
Spoiler:
a wheelchair-bound man to walk

Is that really a spoiler?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.